The General Turks Worship Thread

A real-life Rude? Did I miss that? Can someone link me? I don't want to read back over 50 pages of posts, and searching "Rude" doesn't help much.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
And for those who don''t care for that sort of thing, or just like looking at pictures, here's:

tumblr_m2jg1pNVRu1qm7i4wo1_400.jpg

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
My real life Rude is...
rock.jpg
rock2.jpg
rock3.jpg

The cosplay Rude is really good, but If I saw him on the street I wouldn't go OMG ITS RUDE!! He isnt attractive enough and his skin is darker. He wouldn't do it for me. Now The Rock yes, he can wear anything and look like Rude. The other guy does only because he has the suit on and even so he doesn't look like him to me.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
Damnit ! At cambridge i've fouded the RL Elena. (she was her or her twin sister ) but the photo came awlful so i've deleted. Damnit! D:

You're so right, Soak. Rude and the Rock are almost identical twins - to the point where I seriously suspect Square used the Rock's features to design Rude's face.

I have always thought Tom Hiddleston would make a great Reno. He has the long high-bridged nose and the thin expressive face, and the same chin, and he can do that smile that switches in a nano-second from charming to feral.

Reno's difficult because in AC he's so bishie that there just aren't any real-life men who look like him. Though I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
I've been watching wrestling all my life, before I dsscovered FF7. Right when I saw Rude I was like. LOOK ITS THE ROCK! lol. :P

I looked up Tom Hiddleston, and yes the shape of the face is simular but he's just ugly! lmao NO offense. I don't think there will be anyone who looks like Reno, he is just to unique and special :P

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I always thought Reno was like a young Christian Slater (Heathers era) before he went fat and mad and stuff :monster:

Kassi

Pro Adventurer
AKA
tardis60, dephinia
Ooh, Lic, good point about Tom Hiddleston's face! I agree, it's hard to find that bishie quality in real-life men other than some really young twinks (who also often have gravity-defying unnaturally bright hair).

:D

<3
Kassi

Morello

Pro Adventurer
(Speaking of really young twinks with gravity defying hair, see bottom centre.)

I have to confess that I've thought a lot about who would make a good Reno in real life, and I have to agree that it's not really possible, because OG and ACC Renos are so different. No-one male is ACC bishie in real life. But these are some of the contenders:

renocollage.jpg

1. River Phoenix - physically about as close as possible in the real world I think.
2. Tom Hiddleston. Agree with Licorice on this one - he has one of those mobile faces that can convey so much feeling - he may not look all that like Reno, although I think there are similarities, but he could act Reno. Reno's changeable qualities. Couldn't call him ugly myself, but I've always gone for what my dad called 'the gothic waif' look!
3. David Bowie in his youth. Reno's slight weirdness!
4. Callum Keith Rennie a while ago. Fairly physically similar, and all the attitude. The edge perhaps Hiddleston doesn't have.
5. A Japanese twink with gravity defying hair. He is male - honest. For all those times when Reno's as pretty as a girl (or dresses as one. *Guilty look*)
6. A fox.

If you mixed them all together - would that work?

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Also I forgot to say earlier, Lic updated DIPOTP! :joy:

Kassi

Pro Adventurer
AKA
tardis60, dephinia
Morello, I <3 you so much! Young Bowie, Young Rennie, River Phoenix, Hiddleston OFC, bishie Japanese twink, fox... these are all things I'm totally on board with, although I'd only really thought about young feminine-looking Asian men & foxes before. :D I'd found a lot more feminine/bishie type looks in Asian males than other ethnicities in general and spent some happy hours enjoying the many lovely pictures available out there. This one you have is pretty damn awesome!

And I love the thought of blending all six of these as a recipe for a Reno on Earth!

<3
Kassi

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
In a fit of madness I mated River Phoenix with a Fox.....
Baby-of-535930-bigthumbnail-jpg-and-River-Phoenix-picture-Z1G126467-b-jpg.jpeg

Its actually quite cute for an abomination in the eyes of god :lol:

Last edited:
Can't... look.... at.... any more beautiful young Korean actors. Eyeballs burning. They must be the handsomest people on earth.

Obstinatemeon of the FFVII webcomic fame descibes Reno at one point as "mystery Korean man" and now I see why. I was trying to find the perfect Reno, but there's so many young Korean actors who would do; like Kassi said, they have faces which are clearly masculine but look slightly feminine (to us, anyway). The jaws of nearly all the FFVII men are not as big as they would be on a real-life man (Cid, Barret and Rude may be the exceptions).

Anyway, here's a couple of Irishmen and an American, and a mystery candidate. Who can it be?

rhysmeyersirish-1.jpg

thb, I've never found him attractive. There's something just too over the top sensual about his features. But I think he could act Reno very well.

jamesmcavoy_350x300-1.jpg

The eyes.

joseph-gordon-levitt-02-1.jpg

Practically perfect in every way.

mackenzie_crook_1131224.jpg

basil_brush-1.jpg

Kassi

Pro Adventurer
AKA
tardis60, dephinia
Joseph Gordon-Levitt FTW! I don't know that I could see him as Reno physically but I love watching him act, and he was SO unrelentingly badass in 'Inception.' In my head, charisma-wise he'd make a fantastic Zack. Not really a lookalike, though.

sadly fictional

Ain't it always the case? :monster:

imaginary2.jpg

&#8230;aaaaand now you've got me looking at Korean actors again, Lic & Morello.
Drool_7.gif

<3
Kassi

Last edited:

Morello

Pro Adventurer
Jonathan Rhys Myers is still stuck in 50 Shades of Henry VIII land for me I'm afraid! OG Reno - yes, I can totally see it, but there are times when I don't want to, if you know what I mean...

James McAvoy is beautifully twinkly, but Joseph Gordon-Levitt - oh yes please! How could I not have thought of him?

As for the final candidate - He loves it flashy - boom, boom!

And Hwoarang virtually is Reno. It's almost as uncanny as Reno and Axel!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Happy trail.....hnnnnnng

Actually thats the one thing missing from Mr Bum (for it is he!) there. I think I'll have to draw one on.....with a biro....with my mouth.... :awesome:

Last edited:
Fifty Flavours of Turkish Delight!

@ Kassi: There are worse ways to spend one's leisure hours than looking at Korean actors. I speak from experience.
@ Lex: show us your Reno! Or Tseng, Rude, Vincent, Elena, Cissnei... whichever you prefer.

I would watch anything with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it. I mean, I think he can actually act, but it's hard to tell, as my critical faculties just melt away....

Top Bottom