Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
tumblr_mwfb2otYxB1rzuim7o1_500.gif

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Wait, they just updated the article as a rumor.

Thanks for making me look like a tool, IGN.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Scott Rohde, head of software product development at Sony (apparently), has updated his Twitter to say that this isn't true:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RohdeScott/status/475515804067569664

He said: "and I laughed at this rumor over dinner. The Last Guardian has NOT been cancelled"

To which someome aptly replied "But never being released either." Zing.

Honestly, I've been expecting the cancellation news for some time and wouldn't be at all surprised if this denial is just Rohde trying to save face for Sony this weekend before E3, only for the announcement to come out quietly in a few weeks. Fumito Ueda's departure from Sony started out as a rumor until it was confirmed as well.

Even if it's not canceled, with Ueda's undoubtedly more limited role -- as well as the departure of the game's executive producer at the same time Ueda left Sony, and the ongoing development hell of this project -- does anyone still have high hopes for it? I don't.

"ICO" and "Shadow of the Colossus" are two of my absolute favorite games, but I feel like "The Last Guardian" is forever going to be summed up in "what could have been."

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Fuck fucky fuck fuck.

God this shit pisses me off. So many fucking shit cookie cutter FPS or driving games or crappy film tie ins make it....... and stuff that could have genuine worth just languishes.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's turning into Duke Nukem Forever at this rate, except that one was actually released :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
It's like an estranged father, who is always saying he's going to take you to the zoo one day, and every time you get excited but he never turns up, he always cancels. And then you grow to hate him.

Fangu

Great Old One
Again: They'd be stupid to go out and announce something as 'cancelled' because money, stock holders, blah blah. It would be admitting to not getting shit done. (Although leaving something in production for 5 years or what that is doesn't make you look any better.)

I've simply stopped getting excited for things that doesn't have a release date. Too old and jaded.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So this popped up on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1426507869552_zpsqzbqbocm.jpg

I'm not sure what this means. Please tell me there is still a PS3 version. :sadpanda:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's questionable whether the game will come out at all if ever. If it does, I doubt it will still be for PS3.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
It's not happening ever and Santa Claus is dead okay?.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
wouldn't the last guardian have that 'only on playstation' thing at the top that the order 1886 has if it were real?

also i imagine less japanese on the cover since that looks like uk/european covers

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
wouldn't the last guardian have that 'only on playstation' thing at the top that the order 1886 has if it were real?

also i imagine less japanese on the cover since that looks like uk/european covers

It's hideously hazy like someone went over it with a finely toothed comb to doctor and shoop it up. Well, we're likely not getting it. It's a shame because as much as I thought SotC was wicked cool I was amped for some more precision platforming. And without Ico's horrible camera

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, you can't get much more depressing than "Last Guardian".

Even the premise of the two games that came before it were sad.

Guy saves dead girlfriend by nearly almost dying, becomes evil incarnate, dies and reincarnates in to a horned kid who becomes a sacrifice and is hunted by shadows for the rest of his life.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
And we'll be told how it's a different game from the one we saw in the trailer released 20 years ago.

Top Bottom