The Last of Us

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So I made the mistake of starting a new game (only my second playthrough) on the hardest difficulty. The listening ability is disabled. >.<

I thought Clickers were a bitch on normal mode. I'm about to enter the hotel basement (in Pittsburgh I think?)
Can any hardcore players give me any tips/strategy's for playing survivor difficulty?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Dude I have problems with the clickers on Easy mode so tips well run for your life. :monster:

I suggest you look up a walkthrough on survivor difficulty on youtube.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
There's no 'quick' way to deal with clickers, you have to be patient, and you can't always run from them. You have to sneak by them slowly and carefully, but MAINLY quietly. When they start clicking, stop moving. But remember they don't have sight, so you don't have to visually hide from them.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I haven't missed the listening mode that much, plus it's one less thing to spend pills on. I've fully upgraded my shivs and health and I'm at the university. Now I have a flamerthrower.
Ho-Ho-Ho. :wacky:

Also I was looking through my weapons trying to decide which one to pick before going into the next area and settled on a brick. Anything spots you you lob your brick at it and whilst he/she/it's confused you run up to it and twat it to death with your melee weapon. I love my brick! :monster:

Last on the bandwagon, I'm playing Last of Us.

...BUT I'M TOO SCARED TO SNEAK UP ON THE TWO INFECTED PEOPLE FEASTING ON THE CORPSE :faint: I could sneak up on that one zombie earlier, but I dare not move further. Dammit! This is worse than when as a kid I was frightened of the Re-Deads in Ocarina of Time.

I haven't played a "zombie game" before in my life. I'M NOT CUT OUT FOR THIS. But I want to play. But I don't want to fail and die horribly. If I fail it will hurt my insides.

EDIT: Goddammit I don't have the balls. I'll play again tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to do this once I've whined some more.

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Shademp here's a few things you should know about playing The Last of Us:

1) Don't play it at night.

2) No matter what you will suffer at least a few horrible deaths especially at the hands of the clickers.

3) Clickers. GODDAMN CLICKERS. Don't get too close, don't make too much noise. Trying to kill them at close range is a very bad idea.

4) Fire is your best friend.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I don't get all the hype about this game. If the story wasnt as good as it is it wouldn't get all the praise its been getting. As a game its terrible I don't think I enjoyed playing it once but I loved the story enough to keep going.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure the story was that good, but it was told very well, if that makes sense. Still think the ending was a bit weak.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well... probably because the game was primarily about the cinematic storytelling, and that's what it received such overwhelming praise for?

It wasn't designed or ever really praised as something where the gameplay was the best thing since sex (insofar as I'm aware). It's a title where the gameplay is specifically build to just service the storytelling, rather than being the other way 'round with fantastic gameplay that carries a mediocre story. As such, so long as the gameplay isn't actively detracting from the story, it's not gonna get negative reviews from it the same way a serviceable but non-soul-shattering story won't get negative reviews from a game with mind-blowing gameplay.

tl;dr - story-centric and gameplay-centric games are very different and some people like one over the other, and will generate hype about one that you probably won't get if you're into the other.

X :neo:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
And I agree with all of that. I didn't get my hands on it until 6 months after it came out. I mean it is great I still really like it and I love Uncharted even more. I just don't think its as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Okay, so I just replayed the bus depot. Last time, it was crawling with Clicker, Stalkers, and Bloaters, but this time the level was entirely empty except one clicker that attacked Ellie and three ordinary Runners. Is this a glitch, or did they stay dead from last time somehow? (Not new game plus, just replayed the chapter.)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Guys this is really heartwarming:

It even made Ashley Johnson cry (start at 27:32):

Also while watching the scene were
the girls kiss, Ellie says "Sorry" and Riley responds with "For what?". Now what other scene from last year with two girls romantically interested in each other had a conversation were one apologized and the other asked "For what?"?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm so bad, I keep forgetting to play this. Can Carlie someone kick me up the arse about this, please? :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Dragons, duh! :awesome:

Ghost X

If you squint really hard, the clickers look like dragons... as does everything else, depending on your imagination.

Lex

Administrator
This thread is impossible to find using the forum's search function
:/

Anyway I wanted to post this because I came across it on YouTube today and it's pretty perfect:

Lex

Administrator
Troy Baker's big fucking grin the whole way through her speech makes my heart melt too >.<

Top Bottom