• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The mention of The Legend of Zelda timeline in other threads reminded me of this fan comic that chronicles the life of Ocarina of Time Link and his fate of becoming the Hero's Shade (also has a great companion song to listen to while reading it).

Plus another fan theory (albeit that wasn't officially confirmed by Nintendo) that I thought was sad/sweet.

https://theozilla.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F132222819873

Update on a mod by Nerrel that uses the textures from both N64- and 3DS Majora's Mask, turns them up to true HD and makes it all look absolutely gorgeous. Varying degrees of creative liberty is taken.

Glitch discovered in BotW that changes which shrine Link enters. It is limited to shrines in Link's immediate vicinity, but it will nevertheless save a lot of time for speedrunners.

ExampleZ

Pro Adventurer
Currently playing Breath of the Wild. I've freed the four divine beasts, now I'm clearing out any remaining shrines, korok seeds and side quests before heading to the castle.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I maintain that the East and West had very different ideas for what good illustrations were. Not to be a weeb, but...the super airbrushed western style where they make Link literally look like an overgrown man in an elf / Peter Pan costume shows just how lame the western art mythos was back then.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Yeah, in retrospect that was a bit of an overgeneralization. But man, you’re right, ha. People probably thought that was hilarious even at the time (except for the guidebook publishers, it seems)

I am rarely one to be pulled in by fanfiction. Such a rare occasion has now occurred in the form of the on-going web-comic A Tale of Two Rulers. Its premise: Zelda asks Ganondorf to marry her. The premise is blasphemous, ridiculous and insane but it pulls off that fanfiction trick of actually making you believe it works.

The first 67 pages were voice dubbed three years ago and compiled into the following video.

The focus is more on the emotional journey, the precariousness of the setup and the comedic interactions of the characters. Don't expect focus on governing policies and the state of Hyrule etc. The comic does a great job at pulling from official Zelda lore and making use of many characters from different titles while putting them in this more gritty version of the Zelda universe. The main premise alone definitely has a fetish element to it (both "beauty tames the beast" type of stories and Ganondorf definitely has their thirsty fans) but thankfully the comic focuses on mid-brow and high-brow content instead of descending into fetishisms.

There are currently about 209 pages of this webcomic, most of which can be read on tumblr and the remainder can be found on patreon.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
"Had?"

Link has pink hair in the final version of ALttP :monster:

It's fucking adorable. The only hero of Hyrule who proudly rocked out in pink.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I've heard it said that it was because of pallet limitations, but it seems pretty intentional to me. Pink link is best link.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The reasoning behind pink hair has always perplexed me. The palette reasoning has been cited for ages, but I have big doubts on that. He has plenty of colors on his sprite that could be used to make his hair a dusty brown color OR blonde, like it was in the past games and the ALTTP official art, respectively - the pink is an extra color on his palette. His sleeves are brown and his belt is yellow, meaning the colors to make him either blond or brunet already exist. So yes, it is intentional. They went out of their way to make his hair pink.

Seeing as ALTTP Link is always portrayed as blond in artwork / canonical appearances, I have no idea why they decided on pink hair for the sprite. Do I love that he does? You bet. :monster: Do I understand why he does? Not at all.

Maybe it makes him pop out from the backdrop or something? Did they think it made him look more mystical?

Top Bottom