The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
You just need to have fun Splintered! Get to know people in the FC as well. What is your name in game? As far as what people expect from the FC, I agree with Lex that we are shooting for the casual side of things. That said, once more people get to 50 there is no reason why we can't tackle some endgame dungeons and raids. But most people in the FC are still leveling, so I am not sure what people are expecting. But I definitely can't do the required play time thing with a full time job and law school. Ain't nobody got time fo that!

I think some people may perceive a lack of unity in the FC, as well. I think this will be alleviated somewhat as more of us get to a similar stage in the game and can group up/play together more. That always creates a sense of camaraderie. Right now, the FC mainly is there for chit chat while everyone is leveling. I agree that if a FC member has a complaint or suggestion, the best place to bring it is the forum. If someone simply voices something in the FC chat, there might not even be any SOLDIER 1sts on at the time. We all have different schedules and real life stuff to do, obviously.

That said, I think we do need to look at the company chest and rank privileges. Someone wanted to use some fleece that was in the company chest and couldn't get it. Luckily, I was on at the time and got it out for them. It was only a stack of 5 or something. Of course, we probably don't want SOLDIER 3rds to have full access because we don't want new people to come in, clean it out, and then leave. Therefore, it seems like if we want to give more access to, say, the SOLDIER 2nds, we will want to be certain anyone that is promoted to SOLDIER 2nd is trustworthy.

Also, people want different things and have different needs when it comes to a FC. All I really want is a group of people to play the game with, whether that be tackling an endgame dungeon or just goofing off. Other people might want more structure (i.e. focus on cutting edge endgame raids and gear, lots of organized events, etc.). We kind of did a mass invite of random people, so I am not really surprised quite a few left as they all are going to want different things and have different priorities. But it sounds like you told them what to expect. I am not sure what goals the rest of you have for the FC, but if our FC only has 25 active and friendly people, that is enough for me. It is enough to participate in everything the game has to offer anyway. I have been in MMO guilds before where there were 200 people, which creates a lot of issues even if it is extremely structured and organized.

That is my two cents. I know it might not be helpful, but it is probably important that we at least voice to each other what we envision the FC to be. For a more short term fix, I think we need to perhaps grant more privileges to SOLDIER 2nds so that there is a wider spread of leadership and, thus, more leader types on at any given time.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
srsly, don't be That Guild where you only organize stuff for the lvl 50's. I'd encourage more people to go questing in guild groups in certain areas, and such. The game shouldn't be a grindfest where people only get to the fun part at level 50; if there is any goal the guild should strive to fulfill, it's for players to have fun, even at level 10. and such.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I agree. It is just difficult for me to group up with someone in the FC that is level 40 while I am leveling a class that is only at level 25, for example. Of course, there is plenty of fun to be had outside of the leveling process, but that is what most people tend to be focused on doing ATM. But sometimes it is nice to stop grinding and go create your own fun.

Lex

Administrator
Well yeah. My main problem previously was that I was almost 50 and everyone (literally, everyone) was 20-30 at the time. So they could group up together but I was on my lonesome hanging out with fate groups up in Coerthas and Mor Dhona ;-;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
As I mentioned before, I'm climbing the levelling ladder very slowly and I think a lot of other people are in the same boat. Lex, you managed to rush to 50 pretty quickly you lucky sod. ^_^

Regarding member issues and FC problems, I agree with Satsu when it comes to reorganising the rank privileges. The gatherers/crafters definitely need better access to the company chest because it's a huge part of what they are doing out there in Eorza.

On a different note I feel like I could do some things to help give the FC members a little bit more. On other MMOs (EVE at least) I was organising competitions or giveaways and the such. Often it'd have me throwing money or items the way of winning or active members. I'd like to do the same thing here but I'm gonna need some feedback. What sort of things would members like to receive (other than Gil) like what kind of items and stuff would make decent giveaway prizes.

Lex

Administrator
OK guys do SOLDIER 2nds not have company chest access? Because they should. If they don't, I 100% promise I'll go on and sort out the priviledges/ naming scheme tomorrow.

Does anyone else think we should come up with a new name for SOLDIER 1sts now? As in, rename the original contributors to something like "Turks" or something else, so that SOLDIER 1st is the highest achievable rank for someone joining. 2nd isn't exactly appealling.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Honestly if we get the privileges sorted out, I don't think the ranks are an issue at all :monster:

Also, I like being SOLDIER 1st. :awesome:

Well yeah. My main problem previously was that I was almost 50 and everyone (literally, everyone) was 20-30 at the time. So they could group up together but I was on my lonesome hanging out with fate groups up in Coerthas and Mor Dhona ;-;

Also this is entirely your fault for being so dead-set on getting trophies for everything. Taking it slow and having fun? What's that? :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Hey, who's to say I didn't have fun? I didn't even skip past dialogue, I just had two free weeks because I quit my job and didn't have to start uni work yet. I thoroughly enjoyed myself :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Also re: privileges, I can set privileges for our own classes, not "leader" status and stuff. I'll be able to sort all of this out tomorrow.

Honestly satsu I don't think it's an appealing fact for new members that the highest rank they can attain is "SOLDIER 2nd". SOLDIER 1st is nifty and all but the point is to have a "special" class for the people who helped found the company. If you want to stay 1st you can though :D, the rank benefits will probably be the same.

Fangu

Great Old One
Okay so

a person living in my hometown joined the TLS XIV guild and I WASN'T NOTIFIED

Hi Sorens, I wrote you a Visitor Message but you might not be able to reply to them yet. Står te? :D

/stalker

(I'm not playing XIV by the way) (yet)

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Looks like Edge and Sorens left the FC. Sad to see you guys go. I hope we can play together sometime regardless.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Not even a goodbye message? >:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh, I really liked Edge. The FC is pretty slow, but I don't mind. A couple of people helped me out with a dungeon and Ifrit and they were really nice and they gave me tips on tanking. I like us.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Oh, I really liked Edge. The FC is pretty slow, but I don't mind. A couple of people helped me out with a dungeon and Ifrit and they were really nice and they gave me tips on tanking. I like us.
Oh, are you Typo Warrior? XD

Didn't even realise that was you. I'm Raya'arc the Arcanist you were dungeoning with. Tierras, the healer in that group, is one of my RL friends.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh, are you Typo Warrior? XD

Didn't even realise that was you. I'm Raya'arc the Arcanist you were dungeoning with. Tierras, the healer in that group, is one of my RL friends.
Yeah, I was Typo Warrior. I need to keep up with the names in here xD

You guys were awesome. Especially since that dungeon was a bitch and a half to find a team with, for some reason we always missed that *one* person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom