The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah I see. Pretty sure instances in FFXIV, like in WoW, are also 'shared' in that you can play in instances with players from different realms. Off course, in WoW, having separate realms is an extra source of income for them, as moving your character costs you monies.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah payment options for XIV currently show that there's an option to move characters/accounts or something

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Finally making my character!:

Cerberus server, character name is Ariannyaq Morningwood.

^_^

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm still so tempted to get the 60 days, but still holding off for now. Just hope non-forum members of the Company don't start whinging about people's activity again. Because quite frankly? That shit is old by now.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
When can I join the The Lifestream?

Also, who's who - in other words, what's everyone's names in XIV?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's a list of people up in the first post; as for when, you can join right away if you can catch someone online, :monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I know we're a laidback FC, but is it possible to keep someone regularly making sure company actions are in place? It's just something that I think most people need as a bare minimum I think. :3 plsthnxs

AvecAloes

Donator
Yeah, sorry, I know that I haven't been on in a few days, I think I'm going to promote one or two active people to 1st Class so that we can stay more on top of Actions when those of us who are already 1sts aren't around. I will try to pop on this morning to get that done.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I plan getting active again soon. It's been heard when my attention's been taken with GTA Online, Beyond: Two Souls and ACIV, the latter being on Tuesday. Looking into the download options.

AvecAloes

Donator
Jajdjfkaijebfkahshfbs. When I created my SE account, I accidentally entered the wrong birthday. Something about the drop down/scroll menu. I can't remember now what it was. This is currently an issue because SE has locked my account due to "suspicious activity", and I need to change my password before I can log into XIV. Doing this requires entering my birthday. Which is wrong. So I can't change my password. Even requesting assistance requires my birthday. This freaking sucks.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I think we should promote somebody, there's only two really active people now and that's me and one other person, and they are getting kinda frustrated. Not because they are pushing for activity but the FC is dying and the buffs aren't consistent anymore.

I don't want to whine about people's activity because everyone's got their own lives, but sadly most people are barely on- the server in general is really quiet. So I think rather than force people back on, it would just be better to promote people that shown to be really active and loyal.

AvecAloes

Donator
I know, I completely agree, and I wanted to get on yesterday and make that happen, but I'm locked out of my account right now and won't be able to sort it out until tomorrow, maybe, as I need to talk to someone about it. And I want to be online and play more in general, but the last week as been busier for me, plus I'm in Philly this weekend, and won't be home til Wednesday...maybe I can log in under Force's name tomorrow just to promote a couple of people.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm usually on at least once every day.

Seriously, being without a guide and being able to do things my own way and such, it is a little intimidating! :P I'm just trying to figure things out.

I guess every city has their own guilds? If I used the wrong name for it, I mean goldsmith, culinary, weaver, etc.

Right now, I'm in Lominsa... Did I get the name right?

Anyhow, I like this game. I am following the main storyline so far, I think; Have no clue who most people are.

AvecAloes

Donator
I was on hold for 25 minutes (25 minutes! And being on hold when on the phone with SE means listening to a phone ring. Occasionally punctuated with a recorded message telling you that all representatives are on the line with other people, please continue to hold. Why couldn't they, I don't know, PLAY MUSIC FROM ALL OF THE FINAL FANTASIES?), but I was finally able to reset my password. So I promoted a couple of people to 1st Class. I won't be home until Wednesday, so I will still be unable to spend much time in the game til Wednesday night or Thursday, but hopefully those promotions will help.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
When you finally reached someone, the fanfare should have played before they spoke.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I think we should promote somebody, there's only two really active people now and that's me and one other person, and they are getting kinda frustrated. Not because they are pushing for activity but the FC is dying and the buffs aren't consistent anymore.

I don't want to whine about people's activity because everyone's got their own lives, but sadly most people are barely on- the server in general is really quiet. So I think rather than force people back on, it would just be better to promote people that shown to be really active and loyal.

I put a buff up almost every time I am on, which is at least every other day for a few hours. I think there are more than 2 active people, it is just rare that they are all on at once. Having more 1sts will definitely help, though.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Really quick way to block spammers, instead of trying to memorize their names to type them into your blacklist:

-open up the chat menu when they start spamming
-select their name and press X to send them a tell
-put quotes around their name, then put blist add in front of that, but after the slash

So instead of

/tell Spambot Ecclesia

it should look like

/blist add "Spambot Ecclesia"

-Then hit ok, whamo!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's just fighting the symptoms though. It really can't be hard to detect and auto-ban a spambot.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I'd be on more, but ... ACIV and Beyond: Two Souls have me busy right now. I'd think I'll be back on properly next month. Just haven't bothered buying my sub because I don't think it'll be put to use just yet.

NightStalker

Kain_Highwind
AKA
Tahla'to Dolabnha
Hello all. It's Tahla as most of you know me. I finally was able to get connected to the forums, so just checking in.

NightStalker

Kain_Highwind
AKA
Tahla'to Dolabnha
Thank you, AvecAloes(Evelyn). So, Typo and I have been speaking, and we have come to the decision that the Free Company is dying. It is one of the largest on the server; taking up almost 20% of the server. We notice that most of said players are not active, in fact many have not even logged in in many weeks. It is my personal opinion that a smaller group is better in terms of activity. We have also noticed that the Free Company hasn't made any strides to attempt the end game content together; which I believe to be a large step to a more active group. I do not wish to overstep my bounds as a newbie to the forum, but I am fairly well off in the game.[/COLOR]

Splintered

unsavory tart
Just a heads up, I'm Typo Warrior.

I don't want to pressure anybody because I know that Lex started the FC for casual playing, and this being my first MMO, and a lot of us's first MMO, but it does feel like the FC is suffering. We just lost one of our few really active, contributing members, who had been the only one I was noticing that was talking and still helping out. Some of the other ones had either already left or just went innactive.

I'll be honest- not sure how to rejuvenate it- I'm know nothing of guild politics. But I think trying to be proactive in organizing end content would be a good next step. It doesn't help that we aren't going to get new content till sometime in December, so unless we actively do something, most people are going to get bored and quit soon.

My activity is going to go wonky soon, I gots parentals visiting home and since they live in another country, priorities have shifted. But I'd love to at least have a discussion going.

. ACIV and Beyond: Two Souls have me busy right now.
Beyond two souls is a beautiful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom