The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex

Administrator
And Yop, there are actually a few of those names running around. I saw Shub Niggurath the other day.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
On Anima I saw a Hope Estheim and a Cloud Strife

and i thought to myself, who the hell do you think you are, using that name

those aren't lore-appropriate lalafell names

Lex

Administrator
I executed a company action today. For the next 24 hours it's cheaper for everyone in the company to teleport.

tumblr_lst2toVFub1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

Misha Mie

Rookie Adventurer
thanks for the action! works great for me as I'm working my conjurer hunting log (everything is near gridania) but my main storyline is over near Ul'Dah and I teleport a fair amount to get back and forth ;)

looking forward to doing a dungeon soon too. I have conjurer up to almost 14, so I should be hitting 15-16 by saturday evening depending on how much I play tonight. Healer isn't as sexy as tank or DPS, but you gotta have one ;)

Misha Mie

Rookie Adventurer
hm, no edit post options.....

anyway, I was going to add that Misha Mie is a new name I've never used in an MMO before. Traditionally I go by Edward WongHau (GW1-GW2), but wanted to change things up for FF14. I saw the random name generator but the couple times I tried it the names were ridiculous ;)

Lex

Administrator
The edit button should appear on your posts next to the " button, but I don't think you have enough posts for it to appear yet. Keep posting :monster:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Two and a half Gladiator levels and 4 Conjurer levels to go until Paladin! Then once I get my class armor we will be like Cecil and Kain, Lex. :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
On Anima I saw a Hope Estheim and a Cloud Strife

and i thought to myself, who the hell do you think you are, using that name

those aren't lore-appropriate lalafell names

That's why I wouldn't pick those names, but I have been a little disappointed that I haven't seen a Lalafell Black Mage named Vivi yet.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I executed a company action today. For the next 24 hours it's cheaper for everyone in the company to teleport.

Thanks! When I was looking through the available actions, I was thinking either that one or the XP one looked the most beneficial. Lower teleport costs will be nice while I am jumping around all over the place during the main quest line.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
/Company Leader buys reduced rates Company Action
/Still goes around on chocobo porters

:awesome:

Also, just as a repost - Aiden Truestrike and Destyn Ayerath are hosting a low-level Company dungeon crawl this coming Sunday at 11am Server Time. I honestly have no idea how half this shit works, but I'm sure they have it all sorted! :3

EDIT: Edge Bainsworth has asked me about voice chat/general voice communications, citing teamspeak. At the moment, I'm personally not sure about where we are with all that, but obviously I think this should be a high priority matter (especially for y'all battlecrafters!) so I'll leave this message out for you guys.

Some of us Skype at the moment, but from what I remember one of our members said they had a ventrilo server available. As mentioned, Edge cited TeamSpeak and I'm sure there are plenty other options available (I think Yop mentioned some...).
Comments/opinions/input, anyone? :3

-Oaks

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Skype's pretty shit and limited when it comes to voice communications, you really want something like Teamspeak, Mumble or Ventrillio for that because of reasons. There may be people that happen to have a server. Alternatively, I could set one up on our server, although I have no idea if / how that'd work. Alternatively, a friend of mine has a Teamspeak and Mumble server... somewhere, I think he's put a server down somewhere at his workplace, :awesome:. I could ask him.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Speaking of names for character, I have no idea how mine came along. Dragonsoul was just something I knew I wanted to be a surname and then Velaria came out of the blue. I sometimes find it hard to make up names, but it was surprisingly easy in this case.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
You can click on the clock on the upper right hand corner of your screen to convert between your local time and game/server time! :3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Server time seems to be PDT. I don't know where you are, but where I am 11 PDT is 2 PM (US Eastern.) Which is like...7 GMT? Daylight Savings always confuses me.

Lex

Administrator
Voice chat would be fantastic, we should get that sorted out. Also I'd love to join on the dungeon crawl but I'm going to be marooned on a tiny island for the week, which is so not a yay situation.

I'm not entirely sure how company actions work yet. I bought the teleportation one which then shows up as "inactive actions", then you activate it and it stays active for a 24 hour period. I'm really unclear as to whether or not if we want to reactivate it we have to pay again, or indeed whether we could just buy them all and have them active all the time. Maybe there's specific downtime between each action. Only one way to find out I guess~ off to the game I go.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm slowboating my way up the levelling ladder what with my ridiculously busy life as of like a week ago. Work eats up all my time, followed by my friends often doing stuff and then all the girlfriend time I try to work into every day. It is literally killing me, though, that I can't jump on and play this game more often with ya'll. I just love the Free Company and I love the game too. ;-;

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
That's why I wouldn't pick those names, but I have been a little disappointed that I haven't seen a Lalafell Black Mage named Vivi yet.
Vivi at least keeps with the 'two repeated syllables' thing Lalafells have going on.

the others are no better than 'shorty mcmidget'

Lex

Administrator
I got us some EXP bonuses for over the weekend. Ones for crafting, levelling etc. The teleportation one runs out in an hour or two, then I'll activate the EXP bonus (5%) - you can only activate one at a time.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm slowboating my way up the levelling ladder what with my ridiculously busy life as of like a week ago. Work eats up all my time, followed by my friends often doing stuff and then all the girlfriend time I try to work into every day. It is literally killing me, though, that I can't jump on and play this game more often with ya'll. I just love the Free Company and I love the game too. ;-;

pretty much the same here! I have mid-semester exams on Tuesday and Friday, so my work schedule really should be filled with me studying. This game will be the end of me if someone can't help fill in for some of my duties XD

how is sienna these days :3

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
How do we get the Company's logo/emblem onto our armour? It says (for me, at least) I can put it on mine, but I'm unsure how to do it. Tried to have a mess around last night, but I got nowhere. Would love to get it on now our Company's growing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom