The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'm sure they'll keep the platonic/romantic ratio of both relationships ambiguous pre-Aerith's death. Things become somewhat less ambiguous from there though, what with the lifestream sequence, the night under the Highwind and Cloud and Tifa living together post-game suggesting they end up together.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^

giphy.gif

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm sure they'll keep the platonic/romantic ratio of both relationships ambiguous pre-Aerith's death. Things become somewhat less ambiguous from there though, what with the lifestream sequence, the night under the Highwind and Cloud and Tifa living together post-game suggesting they end up together.

For a little while anyway; as far as I could remember, it was left a bit ambiguous in AC too - no obvious things, no two-person bed with kinky lingerie, Cloud fucks off to live in a church because of leprosy, and neither seems too bothered by it.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Movies never do a satisfying job portraying relationships. As far as fictional works go, the fact that they're not only living together but raising Marlene (at least while Barret's busy) and Denzel leads viewers to believe they're in a relationship, even if said relationship is currently having some difficulty. I'm not really sure how long Cloud was gone from 7th Heaven but a lot of his stuff seems to have been left there and Tifa's comment when the phone was ringing for Cloud suggests it hasn't been long enough for everyone to know. Maybe Tifa didn't seem that bothered because she knew he didn't go that far and was still determined to get him to come back and deal with his issues properly. They seem to still be together in DoC so they've probably sorted most of it out by then.

Lex

Administrator
it's only ambiguous if you're on crack and can't pay attention

why the fuck would a person revive this thread

annacamille

the feels.
AKA
dewey dell / annacamille / anna
it's only ambiguous if you're on crack and can't pay attention

why the fuck would a person revive this thread

Sorry, not sorry.

I am actually surprised to see that there's still "debate" about this. I distinctly remember a TLS post with Ted Kopel signing off to say the LTD was over (haha). After 7-8 years, several Ultimanias, interviews, clarifications etc. I would have thought that there would be no reason for debate anymore.

Then again, I guess there are people who still believe the Earth is flat

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Ted Kopel, Ultimanias, interviews, clarifications, people believing the earth is flat, etc.

Yeah but but ... the TLSN is a biased Cloti :kermit:

So there*

*Despite TLSN actually also allowing room for the Cloud and Aerith point of view too, referred to in articles, etc, and Ultimanias, etc also providing fuels for Cloud and Aerith too :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Thats a good point. If this is such a forbidden thread to comment on, why is it even open?
It's like asking your recently dumped aunt whose husband took off with the babysitter if she's seen that movie where the same thing happened. Nothing is stopping you, but the wounds are still fresh.

LTD wounds never become scars. They just bleed on into forever.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yep, nothing gets folks more riled up than if someone here says that shit's settled.

Which it is.

On the topic of making it more explicit in the remake, yes, do so, but that's not even the shit I'm looking forward to.

Splintered

unsavory tart
nah, i don't think it'll be more explicit if it's directed by Nomura. Nomura lives and bathes ambiguity, he uses it to replace coherency in his stories.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Nothing is ever settled.

THE CLERITH BANNERS WILL FLY HIGH WITH THE DAWNING OF THE REMAKE.

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
nah, i don't think it'll be more explicit if it's directed by Nomura. Nomura lives and bathes ambiguity, he uses it to replace coherency in his stories.
Agreed. That's why I prefer Nojima since he seems more transparent in his explanations than Nomura; and while I am partially relieved that Nojima is seemingly present for this project, I am also wary of any potential changes akin to FFX-2.5, which, from my understanding, unfortunately led to an epically disastrous story of blitzball proportions. :no:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Agreed. That's why I prefer Nojima since he seems more transparent in his explanations than Nomura; and while I am partially relieved that Nojima is seemingly present for this project, I am also wary of any potential changes akin to FFX-2.5, which, from my understanding, unfortunately led to an epically disastrous story of blitzball proportions. :no:

What changes?

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
What changes?
I apologize for any confusion. I meant if Nojima changes FFVII's remake storyline so dramatically, and to something unfortunately similar to the short story he wrote following FFX-2. I remember how much of an uproar that caused a couple of years ago, and I have been unable to trust Nojima since. :scared:

Lex

Administrator
I remember how much of an uproar that caused a couple of years ago, and I have been unable to trust Nojima since. :scared:

Well no wonder. A bomb inside of a blitzball kills Tidus while him and Yuna are frolicking on a beach. It doesn't get any more fucked up than that.

If there's one thing to be glad about, Kitase is at least still around. And he's above Nomura in terms of the remake food chain, so we're cool. He'll reign Nomura in I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom