The Love Triangle of FFVII Part IV: A New Hope

Who does Cloud want to stick his love-stick in?

• Aerith

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Tifa

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Mukki

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Bleach is such a shitty show.

The manga is terrible, the anime is terrible, and the characters are fucking boring and unlikable. Enjoy your shonen bullshit.

BELIEVE IT

naruto-pic.jpg

oh wait, that's another show. Whatever, same shit :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Shonen anime haters. Get out. Before I Rasen-Shuriken Getsuga Tenshou Kamehameha your asses.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Shounen and Shoujo are different sides of the same coin. If you take them too seriously then you will fail. Although personally, shounen is far more entertaining than your average shoujo. Sometimes you just want to see someone get blown up by some ultra-unrealistic-supersized-bazooka-blast-thingy.

Also.

20th-century-boys.jpg

Bow down.

Gabranth

Banned
Bleach is not a very good series. But it's not fair to judge all shounen by Bleach.

As I mentioned earlier, there is Rurouni Kenshin. There is also my favorite shounen of all time, Yu Yu Hakusho.

For shoujo, there is Fruits Basket which is very nice. I also like Fushigi Yuugi.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
personally I prefer josei to shoujo because MOAR SEX>emotional girly crap.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
SO, HOW BOUT THAT ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD?

Last edited:

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
Ryu said:
It's still hilarious man.
It sure is. But I must add that in the meantime I saw people having too short of a temper and getting upset fast.
Ryu said:
thanks for correcting. (my english is still shit..)
Ryu said:
and what he needs is concrete evidence, and much less fanwank.
This is almost the same what I said. And do you agree or?

@Noob Saibot
This thread failed at start this time I think.
1. The title sounds like a RP topic.
2. The poll is a joke. First, a LT is about 3 people not 4!
You`re asking "Who does Cloud want to stick his love-stick in?" and there is Mukki in the poll (which is nonsensical and disgusting) plus I provided evidence the opposite happened! :wacky:
3. This thread even started with fuckery and off-topicness (which continued)!
Combined with the fact that the canon is already confirmed, makes it difficult to take this seriously.

I think a proper title and a poll that can be taken seriously is must. And we could start with brainstorming about what is left to discuss (without fuckery!). What is still up to interpretation and what needs to be clarified yet. Maybe we could talk about "what if" scenarios like "What if Aerith didn`t die?" or something. Then discuss them one after another. Btw I think who Aerith loves (more) is kinda off-topic too.
Now, that was my humble oppinion on this.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
You`re asking "Who does Cloud want to stick his love-stick in?" and there is Mukki in the poll (which is nonsensical and disgusting) plus I provided evidence the opposite happened!
Clukki is canon bitch. And my OTP.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Specifically, what I disagree with is semantic. 'Proof' in a scientific sense, does not exist. Which is why you want evidence to create increasing certainty or confirmation, while always remembering your hypothesis could be invalidated, but never 'proved.'

Colloquially, it makes little difference, but in the details, it matters.

Vendel

Banned
Those that think the LTD is dead are sadly mistaken. As of a week ago I was still debating people making statements like these.

ok i know the both of you are quite adamant about it but these ultimanians and interviews
where after the game was made wich means they could easily lie to keep the crowd happy
I stand by what I said, which was not "Cloud is IN LOVE" with anybody. Having feelings for does not constitute true love and baby-making.
You can love someone, even romantically, without being IN love with them.
To say that there is NO other way to interpret the game is just ignorant. That's like saying there is only ONE way to read the bible, or interpret Shakespeare, and etc. etc. Without the A+B= CloTi confirmation from Square, the couple was NOT that obvious.
i have childhod friends that i express my feelings to them it doesnot mean i love them...

Tell me that is not high comedy? The fact that you have people who think like this out there gives me hope for future debates yet.

Son Goku

AKA
mugennagama
Specifically, what I disagree with is semantic. 'Proof' in a scientific sense, does not exist. Which is why you want evidence to create increasing certainty or confirmation, while always remembering your hypothesis could be invalidated, but never 'proved.'
Ok, I get your point. agreed.

Colloquially, it makes little difference, but in the details, it matters.
Well, we are "talking " and "listening" here. But the truth is we`re only typing and reading, no? :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
what happened? post transfer?

And I quote...

SO, HOW BOUT THAT ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD?

Vend, the DEBATE is over, just the same way the debate over the validity of evolution is over for any sane person. What continues is the bitching, the whining, the crying, the denial.
And that's the best part.

Son Goku

AKA
mugennagama
I saw that after I finished my post. Then I posted in this thread, but you transferred in the meantime. :lol:

Gabranth

Banned
Who's denying anything?
No one says Cloud doesn't love Tifa. We just think, reasonably, Aerith loves Cloud and thus we ship them.

Vendel

Banned
No one says Cloud doesn't love Tifa. We just think, reasonably, Aerith loves Cloud and thus we ship them.

This is not a thread about shipping or shippers.
It's a thread about who Cloud loves. And that is Tifa. The problem is to this day you still have people who think it's Aerith. Or who hold that Cloud loves no one. But most of them are probably disillusioned Clerith shippers.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
My god, Vendel, where the fuck do you debate? YouTube?

Loving someone romantically without being IN love with him/her? REALLY?

be in love
to love someone in a romantic and sexual way

love verb ( LIKE SOMEONE )
to like another adult very much and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to have strong feelings of liking a friend or person in your family

If you love someone romantically, THEN you are IN LOVE with them. I mean, WHAT. Seriously.

A+B confirmation means this is the canon. You can ship Clerith if you want, but that's not what happened, and SE tells you that. Live with it :awesome:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Vendel doesn't actually debate anywhere. Those are the scary voices in his head. :P

Cloti is canon. Shipping is irrelevant. If it held relevance then Sephiroth and Cloud would be the FFVII OTP of all time. Do I ship Cloti? You betchya. But I'm also the biggest Tifa x Zack shipper on the planet. Doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between what the story tells us and what "omgsqueeee" I'd love to happen.

I think the problem with the thread lies in the fact that in terms of who Cloud loves, it's been decided. And SE TOLD us both girls had feelings for Cloud. Not much left to debate--at least not rationally.

But I do think--dead as it may be--I'll take an on topic thread as opposed to spam-wars.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
This is not a thread about shipping or shippers.
It's a thread about who Cloud loves. And that is Tifa. The problem is to this day you still have people who think it's Aerith. Or who hold that Cloud loves no one. But most of them are probably disillusioned Clerith shippers.

Or mis-informed, past players of the original game, actually. I've come across quite a lot of those.

And the number of Clotis on Fanfiction.net who seem addicted to Cloud still being in love with Aerith and moving on with Tifa is almost depressing. I swear most of them haven't even read Case of Tifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom