The Official "How many parts?" Thread

How many parts do you think it's gonna be?

• 6 (...alright now you're pushing it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 7! (Insanity!! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I would like this eleamaya. If Zack does not join until TotA that leaves plenty of room for there to still be Clerith moments to feed me, then as with your idea we get to see Zack and Aerith together a lot, they might not have a lot of time for romance because the plot has really heat up and things have gotten serious but they can still steal small moment in between times. I always said I never liked Zerith because of what Aerith sensed when he was having scene with other girl and how it bothered her and them not getting the chance to resolve that because he died or rather because I didn't get to see a resolution scene with them interacting more after that but Remake can have them reunite again properly and spend more time together, Zack already impress me that he has gone to the church to try to find Aerith, he been through a lot and Aerith become everything to him. He spend most of game trying to find Aerith and then help save her? He does everything in his power and so much to help/support her? who can argue he want other girl lol. I think it'll mean a lot to Aerith he still try and find her after all this time, that he wants to keep spending time with her, and of course saving her from her fate will mean so much.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
But for all we know, Zack has a double of Cloud with him, he just left him in a safe spot before meeting Aerith. It's kind of important. And it prevents him from meeting the party before long. Unless the Cloud double has died in between, but I somehow doubt it.

Even if you take the merging theory - which is still the unlikely scenario, even if I enjoy considering it - given the ending of Intergrade, Zack will think that Aerith is already dead (probably, given that it's the feeling that the last scecne gives). He's got nothing to do except be a hero and maybe help people there, but I mean, he hasn't got a quest like chasing Sephiroth across the continents. To follow Cloud and the party, he has to have an inkling that it's a possibility. At best, Aerith is only kidnapped, but again, somehow doubtful. It would work in a parallel universe, but not in the case of a merging universe, where it's easier to have the other characters' doubles dead rather than alive.

I am absolutely sure that Zack will play a big role. But I am also sure that it cannot happen before the Northern Crater. And I will be salty if this means after Cloud disappears it means that he becomes the group leader instead of Tifa :P

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I can't see Zack being involved in the Life stream scene. He might've been good friends with Cloud, but he didn't know him like Tifa did. She is the only one who could help Cloud piece together things.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I can't see Zack being involved in the Life stream scene.

tenor.gif

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Given the Lifestream Sequence is both Nomura and Kitase's most impactful part of the OG for them... I more see it being that it's not *just* Tifa bringing Cloud's memories of himself back... but *everyone*. Both Nomura and Kitase see the Lifestream Sequence as the emotional high of the story. No way are they not going to make it into a "grand finale" type event where everyone comes to contribute to convincing Cloud that he is real and that they all have memories of being with "the real Cloud".

The point of what Tifa does for Cloud doesn't have to do with her knowing Cloud "well". In fact, one thing that she and Cloud conclude from the Lifestream Sequene is that Tifa *didn't* know Cloud well. What she did do was know Cloud "enough". So that when Cloud had been convinced by Sephiroth that Hojo had made him from scratch and that Jenova had just Mimiced memories from Tifa, Tifa could point out the memories he had come up with by *himself* rather than from her. Tifa is helping "fix" Cloud not by telling Cloud her own memories. She's pointing out all the memoires Cloud remembers *himself* that she also remembers.

And Zack can... actually do that. Just with a different set of memories. The memories Cloud had with Zack before their time with Hojo when they worked for Shinra together. Stuff like the Modeoheim mission, or when Zack would run into Cloud in Midgar or when they were at Junon together or when Cloud gets Zack out of a funk in Nibelheim. Cloud can remember those times and Zack would be able to confirm that those are *real* events that happened and not stuff Cloud is making up out of nowhere.

In fact... I think Zack actually did know Cloud better than Tifa did in a way. Tifa only got interested in Cloud after he left. Before that, he was always the social outcast of Nibelheim. And he didn't hang out around Tifa as a result. It wouldn't be until the OG that Tifa really started learning what Cloud was like as a person. Zack... always was interested in who Cloud was and made an effort to reach out with him and be with him when he could. Zack was Cloud's first *real* friend in a lot of ways and trying to downplay that does a disservice to their relationship.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
That would be a huge retcon tho, especially since Cloud only opened up to Tifa because she’s the one he loves. Even in CC he refused to tell Zack about what was happening. Not to mention it’s the promise scene that allows him to become himself again. And that memory is only between him and Tifa. The LS scene is the scene that’s supposed to tell you Cloud’s true feelings and how Tifa finds about it. It’s the most intimate scene of the game, and Tifa’s role has been geared towards this. You can’t have someone help her without taking out of this role. I really don’t think that’s where the devs are going tbh.

Last edited:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, it's not about which one knowing Cloud the best to help.
It's about which one Cloud would open his heart and tell his secret feeling to.
And it's not Zack even if he could connect the dot why Cloud wants to be SOLDIER and build the fake persona.
It's not because he wants to be strong like Sephiroth and (later also look up to) Zack, it's because of his desire to protect and fulfill his promise toTifa.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I mean... the thing Tifa suggests would work with just about anyone Cloud shares memories with... the problem is that there's no one else *alive* that Cloud shares memories with anymore. Particularly memories from before he was experimented on by Hojo.
Tifa
Sephiroth once said...
Cloud made up his memories by listening to my stories...
Did you imagine this sky? No, you remembered it.
That night the stars were gorgeous. It was just Cloud and I. We talked at the well...
That's why I continued to believe that you were the real Cloud.
I still believe you're the Cloud from Nibelheim...
But you don't believe in yourself...
These memories aren't enough.
Cloud, what about your other memories?
No, not memories.
A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right?
That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing......
But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart......
That's why it must be a fake. If he could recall up that memory......
That's it! What about some memory that has to do with me?
I say something and you don't remember it......
But you say something, and I remember it, too... Then we'll know that's our memory......
Talk to me. About anything, some important memory to you...

Now that you mention it, why did you want to join SOLDIER in the first place?
I always thought it was a sudden decision you made......
The reason why that memory is brought up is because Tifa asks about it. She doesn't know why Cloud wanted to become a SOLDIER. What follows is Tifa realizing how little she thought of Cloud back when they were kids. And how much she *doesn't* know about him.

The memory Cloud remembers isn't as important as Tifa's realization from it.
Tifa
But, I remember back when we were eight!
That's it! Now I know!
You weren't created five years ago.
My childhood memories weren't all made up!

Hang in there Cloud! Just a little longer! You've almost found the real you!
Let's go back to Nibelheim again......!
In fact... the thing that really brings Cloud together is him *finally* remembering that *Zack* was at Nibelheim with him. And that he kept the promise to Tifa. But both of those things happen one right after the other. Both of them are linked together. Thing is, Zack was at Nibelheim for all the important stuff Cloud does. Including Cloud coming for Tifa.

Interestingly... Tifa says the one who finds Cloud is... not her. It's Cloud himself who did that.
Tifa
Cloud... Where is he?

Barret
Don't worry about him. He's a tough one.

Tifa
Barret...... I...... When I was in the Lifestream I saw the real Cloud.
I mean, I didn't really find him. Cloud found himself on his own...

Barret
Awright, I know... I shouldn't have doubted him.
But I can't win against you. You're some kinda lady.
I am not saying that Tifa won't be the one to do the Lifestream Sequence with Cloud. She obviously will. But I also don't see her being the *only* one to do it. Especially if Aerith and Zack are around. Never mind the rest of AVALANCHE. The point isn't "Cloud only opens up to one person". He later does so to the rest of AVALANCHE not long after in a very matter-of-fact way. The point is "Cloud needs to know he wasn't *manufactured* by Hojo and that his memories aren't made up". And the more memories they show him are real, the more confident Cloud can be that he's a real person.

Last edited:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
The point isn't "Cloud only opens up to one person". He later does so to the rest of AVALANCHE not long after in a very matter-of-fact way. The point is "Cloud needs to know he wasn't *manufactured* by Hojo and that his memories aren't made up". And the more memories they show him are real, the more confident Cloud can be that he's a real person.
This is better applied to Early Files!Cloud where he isnt real person at all but just a "whole cloth" or mere clone created in the lab 5 years ago (after Nibelheim incident). All the childhood memories and the promise etched in his heart are just fake because he doesnt exist yet.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
This is better applied to Early Files!Cloud where he isnt real person at all but just a "whole cloth" or mere clone created in the lab.
Err... That is exactly what Sephiroth tells him at the Northern Crater. And how he breaks Cloud...
Sephiroth
Five years ago you were...
...constructed by Hojo, piece by piece, right after Nibelheim was burnt.
A puppet made up of vibrant Jenova cells, her knowledge, and the power of Mako.
An incomplete Sephiroth-clone. Not even given a number. ...That is your reality.
Ha, ha, ha......
Sephiroth
Cloud... Don't blame Tifa.
The ability to change one's looks, voice, and words, is the power of Jenova.
Inside of you, Jenova has merged with Tifa's memories, creating you.
Out of Tifa's memory......
A boy named Cloud might've just been a part of them.
Cloud
...Just as I thought.
This picture's a fake. The truth is in my memory.
...Five years ago, I came back to Nibelheim, to inspect the reactor. I was sixteen.
The town hadn't changed at all. What did I do...? Oh yeah...
I saw my mom. I saw the people in town.
Yeah, I went to Tifa's room. There, I...
I played the piano!
I looked in the drawers!
I read the letter addressed to Tifa!
I spent the night and went to the reactor in Mt. Nibel. I was excited about it.
Because that was my first mission after becoming First Class in SOLDIER.

Flash.

Cloud
...SOLDIER, First Class?

He shakes his head.

...SOLDIER? When did I enter SOLDIER?

He clutches his head.

How did I join SOLDIER?

He falls to his knees.

Why... why can't I remember?
I'm... I'm...

He gets back to his feet.

That's right...
...I didn't have to worry about it, because I was...

The screen fades to black.

Tifa
......Cloud?

Cloud
Let's go, Tifa. I'm... I'm all right.
Early Material files had Cloud be something Hojo made that later gained sentience. This was later changed to Sephiroth *saying* that is what happened. And Cloud believes it. The belief that he is nothing more than something "created" from scratch with fake memories is what finally brings Cloud under Sephiroth's control. Breaking Cloud out of his funk involves convincing Cloud that he really was an existing person with "real" memories before Hojo got his hands on him.

Heh... this means Chandley is probably a call-back to the original Early Material File idea... He's something Hojo made that gains sentience just like the original Cloud was...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
You truly are missing the point @Obsidian Fire. What we are saying is that no one else can help Cloud in the Lifestream because Tifa's the only one he'd let come so close and know such intimate details. They are calling each other and yearning to get reunited. I think you are totally missing the whole point of the scene, and the roles the characters are given.

Let's recap, why is Tifa a heroine? Because at first, her character was one with Aerith. When they decided to create two heroines, their roles were split: and so, Aerith is in charge of the overarching story, while Tifa is in charge of the intimate plot of the story. One helps the planet, the other helps Cloud. The LS scene is, narratively, not only the resolve to Cloud's messed up head, but also the resolve of the love triangle. It is here to tell you about Cloud's deepest secret - a secret he doesn't want to share with anyone BUT the girl he's always been in love with. It literally does not matter if anyone else who knew him before the Nibelheim incident is here because that's not them he wants to see. He says it in Northern Crater "only your opinion counts" or something alike. He doesn't care about ANYTHING ELSE. And he tells the player so in Northern Crater.

Let's also note that Remake already hints at the Lifestream scene with scenes from when he was a kid. Those, Zack wouldn't know how to resolve them. There's a reason why the real Cloud is represented by himself as a kid: it's because the root of all of this is Tifa falling in the mountains and Cloud failing to save her, then getting blamed. Again, this is a story that only concerns Cloud and Tifa. But in Remake, we see Cloud making up memories about them as a kid. In chapter 1, he makes up a scene where Tifa notices him when she didn't. They are underlining this in the next Ultimania, and if it wasn't important, they wouldn't. But they are saying "hey look, he's making up a scene where Tifa notices him!" Why? We know why. Because he wanted to be noticed. And from chapter 1 that's being hinted at. You can't have Zack there. He doesn't have a place.

Ultimately, you have to also look at how Nojima wrote his pairs for FFVII & Compilation: he entwined their stories. Retroactively, he entwined Zack and Aerith as much as he could, and he did it from the start for Cloud and Tifa (look, they even have matched outfits in Remake for the dresses with matched accessories). The Lifestream scene is that: Cloud and Tifa share the same, deep story. People have complained for years that Tifa didn't have a backstory, but that's not true; she has nearly the same as Cloud's. It's their story unfolding in the Lifestream scene, you cannot have someone else replace Tifa.

Reactions: LNK

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The LTD doesn't get cleared up in the Lifestream Sequence. It gets cleared up at the Night Under the Highwind. The Lifestream Sequence is all about Cloud's Memories and him finding his "real self". It isn't about who he likes romantically. That's honestly selling short he idea of who Cloud is. He is more than just someone who's entire beings revolves around Tifa. Which is kinda one of the most hated personality quirks in women: when everything about them revolves around one guy. It sounds a lot like this is making Cloud out to be the gender-inverted version of that.

As it is... the place where Tifa and Cloud come together as a couple is in the Highwind Scene. That's the culmination of their romance arc.
Tifa
Everyone's gone...

Cloud
Yeah, we don't have anywhere or anyone to go home to.

Tifa
You're right...
But... I'm sure someday... they'll come back, don't you think?

Cloud
Hmm... I wonder...?
Everyone has an irreplaceable something they're holding on to...
But this time, our opponent...

Tifa
Hmm... But that's all right, even if no one comes back.
As long as I'm with you... As long as you're by my side... I won't give up even if I'm scared.

Cloud
.........Tifa......

Tifa
No matter how close we are... We were far apart... before this.
But when we were in the Lifestream surrounded by all those screams of anguish, I thought I heard your voice...
...sniff... you probably don't remember this...
But deep in my heart I heard you calling my name... Or at least I thought I did...

Cloud
Yeah... At that time I heard you calling me.
You were calling me back from the stream of consciousness in the Lifestream.
After all, I promised. That if anything were to ever happen to you, I would come to help.

Tifa
Cloud...? Do you think the stars can hear us?
Do you think they see how hard we're fighting for them?

Cloud
I dunno... But...
Whether they are or not, we still have to do what we can. And believe in ourselves...
I'll find the answer someday. Right, Tifa?
That's what I learned from you when I was in the Lifestream.

Tifa
Yeah...... that's right...

Cloud
Hey Tifa...... I...... There are a lot of things I wanted to talk to you about.
But now that we're together like this, I don't know what I really wanted to say...
I guess nothing's changed at all... Kind of makes you want to laugh...

Tifa
Cloud... Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The LTD gets resolved in the Lifestream scene because that's where Tifa realises Cloud's true feelings. That's literally "hey I wanted to be noticed by you, I wanted to get close to you, I failed you, I wanted to be better than everyone else, I wanted to get into SOLDIER to get noticed by you because oh hu my sweet tender feelings that must remain a secret for you" scene. How does the LTD not get resolved there? That's the side point of this scene, the main point being that Cloud is himself again. Why is Tifa shocked after the LS scene? Because uh, that's a lot of things to digest. Not because "oh BTW after all, I love Aerith". That's not what happened there. The Highwind scene does not resolve the LTD, it's a scene that confirms their feelings that we already knew about.

And clearly, it's not clotis' fault that Cloud's story is so much about Tifa - even though they explored him again in CC and ACC, the core of FFVII is that yes, everything began because Cloud loved Tifa. And again, this is why Zack or anyone else has no place in there. In Maiden, it is said that Aerith tries to help Cloud in the Lifestream, but she can't get close - that's because he'd only let Tifa get close and Zack himself mentions it. Maiden is very dubious but I've always believed that some of it must have merits if SE didn't outright say it's not canon anymore. There is probably some truth in it and that is definitely one of them, since we see in the OG Cloud and Tifa calling for each other in the Lifestream.

And also please bring this in the LTD thread if you want to continue that talk because I'm tired of discussing this here. It's borderline of topic now (>_< )

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Okay... Maiden has... a lot that is very much definietly not canon in it. Mainly in how it characterizes Cloud and what it thinks his background is. And the author is a huge Aerith/Cloud shipper who had no idea what Nojima was doing with Zack later on. And how the Liefstream itself is later characterized. Maiden also is directly contradicted by Case of Lifestream - White which is actually written by Nojima.

SE doesn't need to say Maiden isn't canon. It's just so obviously at odds with everything else put out in the Compilation (heck, it's even at odds with things in the OG!!!) that it *can't* be canon. That was how NKN said it wasn't canon. They made a bunch of world-building and characterization that invalidated it.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Which is kinda one of the most hated personality quirks in women: when everything about them revolves around one guy. It sounds a lot like this is making Cloud out to be the gender-inverted version of that.
That's how the devs invert the cliche or the trope, the same as how they create Tifa (badass look with demure trait) and Aerith (feminine look but more straightforward). And the reality is that's the Real!Cloud on your face, just a simple person who wanna be a Tifa's man; never the badass, cool, and wanna-save-the-world SOLDIER like Zack. People are in denial if they cant accept Cloud as who he is, the illusion meta is so strong here.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Well good job to SE for giving Cloud one of the most abusive and toxic personalities around (to himself that is). It's so great that he's so emotionally needy he has to form his personality around someone else. What a *great* lesson to want people to emulate and empathize with.

It frankly make me sick to my stomach when I see Cloud get reduced to that in people's head. Hopefully SE knows to fix it so Cloud doesn't come of as being someone who molds themself around the needs of what the person they obsess over wants.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Dude you realise he was a kid, and that in his head in both OG and Remake, he's still a teenager - and honestly if you look for it in Remake, it shows that he's young. He's growing still and his world is becoming broader, that's why he's interesting. Learning new things, creating new bonds when he was a loner, how he learns to be not Tifa's hero but the world's hero (and accepting it). Cloud's becoming a real character in his own, learning to look beyond only Tifa is an important part of his journey. The fact that Tifa had this huge impact and will continue to be a big part of his life is a thing, but the way he sets the Delivery Strife service (and how she supports it), etc. all of this is super important to Cloud's character. Just because he was childish as a child doesn't mean he can't grow into a great man.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Well good job to SE for giving Cloud one of the most abusive and toxic personalities around (to himself that is). It's so great that he's so emotionally needy he has to form his personality around someone else. What a *great* lesson to want people to emulate and empathize with.

It frankly make me sick to my stomach when I see Cloud get reduced to that in people's head. Hopefully SE knows to fix it so Cloud doesn't come of as being someone who molds themself around the needs of what the person they obsess over wants.
Not really, Takahiro Sakurai himself said he wanna be a Tifa's man by playing OG and laugh at how simple man he is like Cloud.
Seriously, what's wrong to be a man who just want to be the hero of the woman he loves? Even since a kid had a crush on a little girl next door?
Do all protagonists have to start with big dream like Zack (hero), Luffy (Pirate King), Naruto (Hokage), etc? No room for an inferiority-complex boy?
Cloud himself is the FF7 twist!

I think the dialogue in Northern Crater would be slightly different.
The point isn't Cloud not being real and just a doll given a life that breaks him, but the fact that he isn't a SOLDIER since the beginning and makes up stories based on a dead SOLDIER. Why not being SOLDIER could break him? The answer is Lifestream Sequence in the next part: childhood crush on Tifa and want to be noticed, guilty and being blamed for Tifa's accident, and then want to be strong for her because of the promise she asked him to make. This is why I don't think Zack could help SOLDIER!Cloud regains his real self because it's very personal to Cloud, something that he doesn't wanna share even with Zack, why I believe Zack's appearance in front of the main party would make his condition worse because of the thick wall he builds inside boosted by J/S cells eating his weak mentality thus strongly blocks & deny Zack's existence in the face.

But the important thing of Cloud's life is... he begins from that simple desire and ends greater than that. There's no toxic about it.
Meanwhile, Zack's story shows that he begins from dreaming to be the greater one, but dies on the way to want to fulfill his girl's wishes and return to her. (Yeah he still died a hero by fighting against crazy battalion and protecting Cloud but no one can't ignore the fact he went to Midgar right just in 2 weeks of 9 months he's been hiding because of his girl's letter.... oh and he survives and still goes to find her) Even a hero wants to be a simple man.

Last edited:

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I forget which if it was Maiden or CoLW where Aerith helped guide Tifa to Cloud in the Lifestream but with eleamaya's idea that Aerith and Zack also fall into Lifestream at Northern Crater maybe they could help keep Tifa safe within lifestream/guide to him.

Maybe also Sephiroth is trying to sabotage what's happening within the Lifestream Zack and Aerith have to fight him off while Tifa is helping unravelling the memories.

I think it was already addressed but Zack's Last Stand was also important very iconic scene now forever altered, some might say his death was destroyed.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I’m still under the assumption that the events of Advent Children won’t happen in the future of the remake’s continuity, so in order for that to happen, I think something’s gonna have to resolve Cloud’s depression over Aerith and Zack early. I don’t think it’ll be the Lifestream scene that does that, but the final battle with Sephiroth. I mean, if there’s ever a time for a “the power of friendship” moment, might as well be when everybody else is actually present.

As far as the Lifestream goes, it’s such a weird and abstract scene that I could see why the romantic side of it might not be the most obvious thing but it is the scene that reveals what’s really in Cloud’s heart. Under the Highwind kind of just looks at how close you got with Tifa throughout the game and reflects that, but doesn’t seem to have much bearing on what his feelings are despite many insisting otherwise.

And by his own admission, Cloud was a stupid kid. Most if not all kids are stupid. It’s such a childish thing to feel this strongly about somebody you barely know, but the guilt over what he considers his failure is what really adds to these feelings of inferiority. Sure it can come off as needy but the poor boy’s been through a lot, I don’t blame him.

I would hope that having the Lifestream and Aerith’s death occur in separate games would allow the Lifestream scene to shine more. I guess Zack and Aerith could help him get his memories back in their own way but right at the root of all of his guilt and inferiority, which is ultimately the weakness that Jenova uses against him, is Tifa. Cloud’s will was already too weak to overcome Jenova before Zack even died, so I would think there’s only so much Zack can do. It’s one thing for Cloud to simply remember his past, but he still has to settle his past and come to terms with his feelings.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I forget which if it was Maiden or CoLW where Aerith helped guide Tifa to Cloud in the Lifestream but with eleamaya's idea that Aerith and Zack also fall into Lifestream at Northern Crater maybe they could help keep Tifa safe within lifestream/guide to him.
It's from Maiden so Aerith guided Tifa there is not canon actually.... yet, who knows what will be shown in Remake.

Maybe also Sephiroth is trying to sabotage what's happening within the Lifestream Zack and Aerith have to fight him off while Tifa is helping to unravel the memories.
That's cool idea!

I think it was already addressed but Zack's Last Stand was also important very iconic scene now forever altered, some might say his death was destroyed.
So was Aerith's. I think for NKN, it's either both are alive or both would still die in the end.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Some food for thought in regards to part speculation:

God Of War Ragnarok ends the Norse saga in just two games. Here's what creative director Cory Barlog has to say on it:

"There are several reasons, I think one of the most important reasons is [time]," Barlog said. "The first game took five years. The second game, I don't know how long it's going to take but I'm just going to throw out that it's going to take close to a similar time, right, to do this.

"Then if you think, wow, a third one in that same [timeframe], and we're talking like a span of close to 15 years of a single story. I feel like that's just too stretched out. I feel like we're asking too much to say the actual completion of that story taking that long just feels too long."

Another tidbit: the FFXIII saga started development in 2004 and concluded in 2014. This is especially notable since that team would go on to develop Remake.

Taking both examples together, we can see that 10 years is a "sweet spot" for developers to spend on a single series. The God of War games also give us further examples of AAA games taking around 5 years to develop. Just saying!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yup, developpers want to churn out a series swiftly, to not be forgotten by fans. It is quite clear that this is the case for SE with Remake - they even stated this in an interview. The next game must be a new challenge for them as they have the world map to think about, but once it's done, they'll have most of the map done and I expect the following games to get released swifter than that, because they will have nearly all the assets they need. So I'm kind of expecting 2023 for a Nibelheim to Nibelheim, then 2025 (Northern Crater) then 2027 (end). Something like that.

Top Bottom