The theme of Final Fantasy VII

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
True but it looks like it's taken a long time to formulate a reply and the best that was thought up was "IM SUPER SMART AND WRITING A THESIS ON FF!!!!!! AND OH YEAH YOU COULDNT SPELL IN THIS ONE POST FROM 14 YEARS AGO HAHAHAHA!"

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Underneath all this bizarre drama, there is some interesting material being discussed!

Mako, obviously it has been a long time, so I'm curious...do you stand by what you said in that old post? And MakoLies, are you going to contribute to more discussion here?? Surely you didn't make an account just to do this XD That detail about the Greenpeace member is actually quite interesting.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Underneath all this bizarre drama, there is some interesting material being discussed!

Mako, obviously it has been a long time, so I'm curious...do you stand by what you said in that old post? And MakoLies, are you going to contribute to more discussion here?? Surely you didn't make an account just to do this XD That detail about the Greenpeace member is actually quite interesting.

lol

The post they specifically referenced are actual facts about the development and themes of FFVII. Aerith not sacrificing herself, Cait's "sacrifice" being a parody, not the end of humanity, etc.

Is FFVII literature? I dunno, but I do believe it's an incredible story. It doesn't need to be "literature" for it be culturally relevant and/or significant or even compared to works of that genre.

So yeah, I do stand by it. Although I was certainly more of a.. cheeky bugger back then, than now :monster:

Mr. Dolphin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
lol

The post they specifically referenced are actual facts about the development and themes of FFVII. Aerith not sacrificing herself, Cait's "sacrifice" being a parody, not the end of humanity, etc.

Is FFVII literature? I dunno, but I do believe it's an incredible story. It doesn't need to be "literature" for it be culturally relevant and/or significant or even compared to works of that genre.

So yeah, I do stand by it. Although I was certainly more of a.. cheeky bugger back then, than now :monster:

You should have waited 14 more years to respond :tearsofjoy:

Elkazor

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
What gets me is that they claim to be doing a *master's thesis* on FFVII-O vs. FFVII-R, and yet they are arguing with someone who is just stating facts about FFVII-O's themes...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If only you were around back in the old days, you have no idea... :awesome:

Nikkolas immediately comes to mind.

Elkazor

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
Now if they really are doing a Master's Thesis, maybe this was just brought on by them having to vent out pent up stress? In which case I hope they can manage their stress and mental health well in those circumstances and clear their mind.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
LMAO @ Mako being scolded by a Final Fantasy PhD from the distant future. This is some straight up Hitchhiker's Guide shit.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Now if they really are doing a Master's Thesis, maybe this was just brought on by them having to vent out pent up stress? In which case I hope they can manage their stress and mental health well in those circumstances and clear their mind.
Speaking as someone who has helped someone who did go a bit Thesis mad deal with Thesis insanity...
This was not the way to go about that. At all.

Top Bottom