Things Aerith is not

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
it's just the way terezi talks.

also i was pretty sure non-ltd threads did not need to be monitored as heavily as ltd. I never insulted her, I only said that my rant was not towards people like her who believe Aerith is a druglord crack whore or whatever.

And I'm the one who doesn't read what other people write? I don't think I said anything about 'insulting' EAG. I just said please don't speak in Troll 1337. Inay oerthay ordsway, on'tday easkspay inay ipgay atinlay.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
And I'm the one who doesn't read what other people write? I don't think I said anything about 'insulting' EAG. I just said please don't speak in Troll 1337. Inay oerthay ordsway, on'tday easkspay inay ipgay atinlay.
In thoer words don't speak in gip latin?

what the fuck is gip latin

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
In thoer words don't speak in gip latin?

what the fuck is gip latin

a transposition typo and entirely beside the point.
Aki, I'm trying to be nice about this, but you seem to want to make this difficult.

Oh, and as for non-LTD threads, both this thread and its opposite number were deemed close enough to the original subject matter as to be included in the enhanced watch rules. Vendel already ran afoul of them.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
a transposition typo and entirely beside the point.
Aki, I'm trying to be nice about this, but you seem to want to make this difficult.

Oh, and as for non-LTD threads, both this thread and its opposite number were deemed close enough to the original subject matter as to be included in the enhanced watch rules. Vendel already ran afoul of them.
I'm sorry for being wary of the mod who hands out warnings like candy?

Also this is the absolute first I've ever heard of this. :\

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm sorry for being wary of the mod who hands out warnings like candy?

Even if that were true, which it is not, you aren't being 'wary,' you're reacting to things I did not say.

Also this is the absolute first I've ever heard of this. :\

We have been remiss in mentioning it. Apart from Vendel, it hasn't really been necessary.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
HI have to say Tifa also got the Angelic, Mary-Sue schtick once, it's not just Aeris. (I know people actually think Tifa is a Mary-Sue, blasphemous!!!!)

How many people?

...I don't want to be rude but I've been noticing that you seem to take isolated, individual opinions on the Internet and interpret them as the "general (mis)conceptions of the fandom".

I don't know if I'm saying this right but my point is that you should stop taking seriously the opinions of random guys at Youtube. At the end of the day you're actually spreading their opinions, be them right or wrong. :P

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
However you forgot the stereotypes that Aeris is the slum drunk, is mentally insane (Hearing the planet talk and voices in her head) and that her dealings of "flowers" was really another name for weed. :monster: (Okay now I really want to see some fanart of Aeris as a badass, crazy alcoholic drug dealer who deals in the slums >.> That would be so epic, enough of this girly, angelic stuff people always draw her as XDD)

:demands:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Holy shit I'm gone for a week preparing for finals and I find this post once I get back. LOL nice retaliation to my Tifa thread guys. :awesome:

However you forgot the stereotypes that Aeris is the slum drunk, is mentally insane (Hearing the planet talk and voices in her head) and that her dealings of "flowers" was really another name for weed. :monster: (Okay now I really want to see some fanart of Aeris as a badass, crazy alcoholic drug dealer who deals in the slums >.> That would be so epic, enough of this girly, angelic stuff people always draw her as XDD)

On a more serious note though in regards to the things Aeris gets accused of I have to say Tifa also got the Angelic, Mary-Sue schtick once, it's not just Aeris. (I know people actually think Tifa is a Mary-Sue, blasphemous!!!!)

Apparently being a really sweet girl who's good with kids, who was the most popular girl in her town, who has big boobs and a woman who can actually FIGHT (GASP say it isn't so!!) is actually considered a Mary-Sue. :awesome:

I suppose that makes me a Mary-Sue as well, cause you know I'm also good with kids, had some boys like me and I also have big boobs, and have gotten into fist fights before. Oh no women can't be in any way dynamic, we have to be plain and boring and weak and fade into the backround or else we get accused of being "Mary-Sues." And GOD FORBID we also happen to have big tits, that's just deplorable!!!! :monster:

Sometimes I really hate this fucking fandom and their treatment of women....

The irony... it hurts

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Holy shit I'm gone for a week preparing for finals and I find this post once I get back. LOL nice retaliation to my Tifa thread guys. :awesome:

On a more serious note though in regards to the things Aeris gets accused of I have to say Tifa also got the Angelic, Mary-Sue schtick once, it's not just Aeris. (I know people actually think Tifa is a Mary-Sue, blasphemous!!!!)

Apparently being a really sweet girl who's good with kids, who was the most popular girl in her town, who has big boobs and a woman who can actually FIGHT (GASP say it isn't so!!) is actually considered a Mary-Sue. :awesome:

I suppose that makes me a Mary-Sue as well, cause you know I'm also good with kids, had some boys like me and I also have big boobs, and have gotten into fist fights before. Oh no women can't be in any way dynamic, we have to be plain and boring and weak and fade into the backround or else we get accused of being "Mary-Sues." And GOD FORBID we also happen to have big tits, that's just deplorable!!!! :monster:

Sometimes I really hate this fucking fandom and their treatment of women....

Im Not Sure I Quite Comprehend Your Human Use Of Irony

I Have Begun To Believe That Your Antics Are More Embellishment Than Anything Else

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
^If yes, then is Aerith a psycho crackhead Jesus? Because that sounds like the makings of a badfic.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
"DEGRADING WOMEN IS HORRIBLE UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY STATE THAT I DON'T LIKE THEM!!!!!"

"INCEST THAT'S STRAIGHT MEANS DEGRADING WOMEN BUT GAY INCEST IS A-OKAY BECAUSE NO WOMEN ARE HARMED!"

winner of feminist of the year here

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
Wait....wait. Where's this incest thing coming from?

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Aerith is no one's mother- I hate the argument that Aerith isn't a friend or potential lover because obviously she just acts 'motherly' towards, say, Cloud. If the criteria for being someone's mother is caring about someone else and wanting to keep them safe, then Tifa would be considered too much of Cloud's mother to be a romantic partner. Both women are motherly, if you want to call it that, towards Cloud, and it doesn't negate their romantic feelings for him. (being dead, on the other hand...)
Don't necessarily agree with this.
She is shown in Advent Children to give off a maternal vibe different from others. Kadaj responds to this. Cloud does too. It's directly addressed and named, and whether you like it or not SE has made her into an Afterlife Caretaker.

"maternal presence" etc etc

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I don't disagree with that.
I'm just saying she IS painted primarily as a caretaker, at least after her passing. Motherly vibes front, left and center.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Being motherly doesn't necessarily make you a "mother" though
and tbh I think both Tifa and Aerith have motherly qualities to them.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
You can be maternal without being a mother. You can be maternal and still like sexy times. Bam. /story about me

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
What do you mean by "mother"? Sure, she has no actual children of her own.
I'm just saying her very presence registers primarily as that of a mother.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, but that's still how folks are perceiving her. As the guardian, the caretaker. Not the hot sexy momma MILF, but the kindly woman down the street looking after the neighborhood kids.

Aerith is PERCEIVED by characters in universe and described largely as being motherly towards the living world both in and out of universe after her demise.
She could be the raunchiest bondage monkey in the delta quadrant, but if people see her as a nun, they see her as a nun. Not the lady with the leather nighty in the Iron Maiden.

Which is an interesting topic that I should consider at a time other than 3:20 in the morning after a Midnight showing of X-men.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wait, how did this topic turn into "Things that Aerith is"?

Top Bottom