Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We have more libraries per person than any other city in the world. I’ve got more libraries in my area than I have Tim Horton’s.”

That's our wonderful mayor of an important city in Canada. How on earth someone says this, and means it in a negative way is beyond me.

TOO MANY PLACES WITH BOOKS TO READ IS BAD!

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
hetalia is a shitstain on anime fandom ugh

Hetalia just makes me want to throw a giant bomb at the creator and whoever likes it.

tumblr_lotp6ry4Fs1qj0kdd.gif

Raaaage.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Today sucked, plain and simple. I had to come in early to cover for someone who didn't show up cause he was sick...and guess what? I had to stay late and close because of someone who quit. I don't mind closing but I wasn't even really given a choice... just a " You have to close tonight..." What if I couldn't though? What if I had plans or something? O_o I didn't though but... pheh still sucked. I don't mind helping out when needed, but this is becoming too regular. I mean come in early AND stay late?... gimmie a break. >:(

Also we lost two drivers this week, so I was pretty sure my schedule would be ramped up a bit this week, but JFC I didn't expect it as much as it was. :'( I'm back on 6 days a week and I'm closing 4 of those 6 days. But the worst part is, I hurt my car D: I did something stupid... my GPS told me to get on 94, but the ramp to 94 was closed and only the one to 694 was open.... this was obviously a problem. Normally I'd just deal with it and get on 694 but after hearing so many times about how I need to hurry up and go faster... I made a stupid decision to try to turn around and I drove over a divider. It was a triangular shaped divider which I didn't realize until I drove over it, so I guess I was lucky I didn't get stuck... but right after I did that, my car's engine got louder and I heard a ticking noise :'(

Thb, I was afraid to drive it because I didn't know what i had done. I know nothing about cars and I don't know what's on the bottom that I could have hurt. I felt awful... my car works so damn hard for me, and I go and do a thing like that.... PLUS, now I had no way to get to 94, so I had to take a detour which ended up in me taking much longer on my run than planned. About 20 minutes longer, and of course I'm driving slow because for all I know my car is about to break at any moment.

Of course once I get back from the run I'm getting the, "you need to go faster, we're closing" speech, and I told him my car was broken. I told him I didn't know what was wrong with it, but he actually did seem concerned. He knew I didn't want to drive it, but since there were still deliveries, he let me use the company car. It's a Prius Hybrid. ....

HOLY SHIT, driving that thing was unreal. No noise! Breaks that work! Push button starter! I couldn't believe it. I had never driven anything like that before in my life... I've only driven old cars. It was pretty neat driving it actually. :monster: I guess it's the future of cars. Maybe in 10+ years I'll be able to afford one :P

When I got home, even though Rob was in bed he came out to talk to me. I told him what happened with the divider and he said from what I told him it sounded like I may have tore a hole in the exhaust pipe... which would make the engine sound louder and WOULD make a ticking noise. I'm hoping that's all that's wrong... I don't know what I'll do if something else needs to be fixed. I wouldn't be able to work... unless they let me use the company car, but still I'd have to get there somehow... and plus my GPS is attached to my other car so... :sigh:

I really wanted to use tomorrow to apply at other places, but I had to be stupid and break the car.... I really hope it's nothing serious. I guess we'll find out tomorrow but here's hoping it can be fixed.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm tired of people that play games with me. Either you're someone's friend or you're not.

IF NOT, THEN GOOD BYE LIFE GOES ON, JUST LET ME KNOW SO I CAN STOP TRYING.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Was at the dentist and my jaw locked - third time's it's ever happened to me. Was a good five minutes of ouch/slurred speech (try talking with your mouth wide open constantly - you will sound honest to god retarded) before the poor dentists (none of whom had ever had to unlock a jaw before) managed to get it unlocked.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
^Why don't you take the initiative?

why don't

:whoremouth:

Lol, actually I have. What I am talking about is when you're constantly fighting and getting back together with someone (as friends) over and over again. Almost as if the person(s) have a desire to fight with you, or a desire to take shit out on you when they're feeling bad because they know you'll come crawling back, or say sorry first, or try for them. It just feels like an endless cycle/circle and one wonders if it's worth it.

Also I keep having headaches and cramps for no apparent reason, and I inhaled a bug today.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Don't feel that way. <3 Thread is for stuff big and small. Good way to just let it out.

*sigh* OK.

I sent my NWN's artwork to BioWare's fanart contest (they said you could choose ANY game developed by them and that it didn't matter if you created it last night of ten years ago), but it turns out that in the showcase they only showed Dragon Age and Mass Effect fanarts, so no NWN, no Old Republic games and no Jade Empire. I wasn't hopeful that they would choose mine because there are better artists out there (some of the submissions were masterpieces), but now I'm sure they didn't because the subject was wrong.

If they were only interested in their newest sagas they could have said so in the first place! ;3;

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
@Sami - not sure about whether or not amazon is updating, but sometimes release date delivery is delivered by UPS or FedEx and they can deliver as late as 7pm. So I would wait until at least then.

I've always used release date delivery, and have never had a problem. I wonder if it's an amazon thing or the game company thing. If you don't get it today, I would definitely cancel and send them a strongly worded e-mail.

@thread - DAMN WORK INTERNET IS BEING A BITCH.

EDIT: Oh wait. It might just be TLS. or a combination of both.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
1. Everyone at train station. Please get the fuck out my way instead of running around like an idiot (or standing still, for that matter, :monster:).

2. Train stations, for that matter. They smell of shit and piss.

3. Trains. The toilets are connected directly to a chute that spills the shit onto the rails.

4. People that flush within the confines of a train station. Grievance: see 3. Result: see 2.

5. Train designers that don't think of a 'disable flush in stations' button. See 2, 3 and 4.

6. Shitty old Mac I have to use for iphone development and the new OSX version I'm trying to install on it unsuccessfully due to a broken hard drive (apparently) and forgetting to bring the adapter. May need to try again tomorrow, or somehow get a new one.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Now I keep thinking that if I die in some sort of freak accident, who will tell my internet friends?
Oh God, I worry about that so much. XD
I inhaled a bug today.
Anyone got a pic of River Tam saying "I swallowed a bug"? X3

And guys, don't tar Hetalia cos of a few fucked in the head fans. There's FFVII stories (and *shudder* fanarts) out there with Tifa fucking animals; that doesn't mean the whole fandom and the original material supports that kind of thing.

I know a Hetalia fan who "dies a little inside" every time another member of the fandom pulls that kind of stupid shit.

OT: having to retrain one of my colleagues as cover for my work. Would go better if he actually listened, instead of assuming that he knows it all. Example; he was saying about how the last time he covered me, things went wrong. I later point out something that I showed to him before he covered me the last time. His response - "huh, that's something new. Never had to do that before".

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
People who put their feet up on the seats facing them on the bus, train or wherever. Its really fucking selfish especially when there's a crowded bus. It really pisses me off when you get people who do it and then you get a mother with her little kids trying to sit down or an elderly person and they act like its the biggest inconvenience for them to put their feet down.

This woman today had her feet, her handbag and her jacket up on an empty seat facing her, I had no choice to sit down because there was no other seats and she huffed and puffed about moving her stuff so I gave her this very insincere "awk sorry" and then huffed sitting down glaring all the while at her, aggghhhhhh I hate those people!

Woah! I remember you!

SutekiMitsukai

S U G A R . T I T S
I wouldn't even give her that. I would ask her to move her stuff so I could sit and if she gave me a groan, I would've said something about how her stuff doesn't have ass and doesn't need a seat to sit on.

I know this kind of goes along with what you said about people putting their feet up on buses. I went to a movie the other night and it wasn't that crowded so I sat all the way at the top like I normally do and put my feet up on the seat in front of me.

It really pissed me off when this lady comes along and picks the one seat that I have my feet up on to sit in. Every single seat in the row free and she has to pick that seat. lol. I know it seems like a bitchy thing to be pissed about but if the movie theater is empty, she doesn't have to pick the seat that I have my feet resting on.

@Everyone - I know it's a little late notice but hi, I'm back. Good to see you too :neom:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom