Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
> having an awesome dream involving uncharted 3 prescreen, transformers (Beast Wars style), the walking dead, open brain surgery and vampires (who had organized the uncharted 3 prescreen as well as tried to kill Dale)

> mother waking me up just as Daryl was about to face off with one of the vampires on top of a waterfall because she wanted to ask me if i wanted to sleep for another hour

I MEAN REALLY MOTHER

and then i decide to go play some piano and she comes downstairs while talking on the phone and sits FIVE FEET AWAY while having a highly animated and loud conversation with one of her friends

aarrrrggghhh

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
im trying to eat a quizno's salad from thursday and i just

i cant finish it this is so unappetizing :(

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
> having an awesome dream involving uncharted 3 prescreen, transformers (Beast Wars style), the walking dead, open brain surgery and vampires (who had organized the uncharted 3 prescreen as well as tried to kill Dale)

> mother waking me up just as Dylan was about to face off with one of the vampires on top of a waterfall because she wanted to ask me if i wanted to sleep for another hour

=O badass dream

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You could get an enema. Just slide a tube up your arse and chuck water into it.

Works for drinking sea water too.

:monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
That sounds... delightful lol.

I was thinking I should get an IV and get the nutrients back into my body while I wait for my endoscopy, but it costs too much money. X_X

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
STOP TEXTING ME CRAZY GIRLS
jeez who knew being in lgbt society meant you were like bait on a hook

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
That sounds... delightful lol.

I was thinking I should get an IV and get the nutrients back into my body while I wait for my endoscopy, but it costs too much money. X_X

That sucks horribly.

I remember literally crawling through a Texas Med Clinic door about six years ago. They wanted $400 to drip a bag of water into my arm.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i don't want to talk about what really upset me on a public forum so i will just mention that i think my octopus plush got lost while it was with my brother and i loved that octopus plush :(

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
can of worms.jpg

It is uncomfortable to think and even discuss the fact that people still have unpleasant, untrue perceptions about different races and cultures, but it is an uncomfortable reality.

Besides for bigtime fucked up shit like the persecution of the Jews, institutionalized racism in America, people thinking Middle Easterns are terrorists, etc, I don't mind so much racial perceptions to a certain degree;

I mean, I do, but I don't since I accept it's a permanent feature of humanity to compartmentalize people different from them into convenient features, and of course, while individuals are different, fact is, cultures can be pretty accurately described as possessing certain attributes; the importance of honor in many Asian societies, the importance of family in Italian culture, yadda yadda.

However it still sucks that yes, as a black male I can tell you straight up that a lot of white females still duck us, even if its ever so subtly, like we're going to eat them. It is obviously not as obvious as a black guy walking in the room and all of the white people scattering or whatever, but an astute person can notice minor things.

I'm not really talking about stuff like dating perse (although its at its strongest there, whoowhee), I'm talking about regular time interaction like getting served at a restaurant, interactions with coworkers, and interacting with friends and so on.

Maybe I'm not really expressing what I want to express good enough?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I wouldn't really specifically see you in particular as someone incredibly intimidating unless you tried to be, :monster:

I don't think it's a problem that's ever going to go away entirely. People just make judgements based on what they see and hear in popular culture, but also more importantly their observations of their elder peers (eg. parents) that react in that way.

But of course, it's changed plenty in the past decades, and it's going to continue that way until we subconsciously teach our children that hanging around or hooking up with people of certain races means fuckall compared to the character of hte individual.

ITS UP TO US MAAAN
FUTURE IS IN OUR HAAANDS

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah I am not an intimidating person! I am generally very friendly and I am certainly not trying to play myself up as "YEAH WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME THEY SCATTER, YO". My sentiments also echo for any black dude who feels the same way. I think it's definitely interesting to talk about even though it's frustrating to actually deal with.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah I am not an intimidating person! I am generally very friendly and I am certainly not trying to play myself up as "YEAH WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME THEY SCATTER, YO". My sentiments also echo for any black dude who feels the same way. I think it's definitely interesting to talk about even though it's frustrating to actually deal with.

you're a nigger

you ain't even human

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

AND I TOOK THAT HANDBAG

Tina Armstrong

Rockstar
AKA
Fackbito, RedGloves, Eileen Galvin, Saria, Lady Croft
I ordered the Aerith Play Arts figure.
Got it today, and she looks nice and everything until I NOTICED HER FUCKING LEG.
It's twisted. She can't even stand because the foot is crooked.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
why are white women so afraid of black dudes

A shitton of reasons, most of them implanted in some basic way at an early age - evil and the color black are always associated in most if not all forms of fiction, for just one example.

(green too, but there's not much green people out there)

It's quite certain that Obama got a higher chance at winning the election due to his half-white genes and babyface-like features.

Disclaimer: no, I don't condone it or think it's right or anything.

And tbh, I find it odd that it's (still) like that over there, considering blacks are definitely not a minority when you look at the demographics. One would think most people got used to diversity after what, four hundred years?

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Its been a long time since I cried. Especially in front of classmates. They didn't noticed though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom