Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Dude, Tiff.
Nothing wrong with being on the internet to talk to friends. Like, srsly... it doesn't make you a loser. Times are different; it's just a different form of socializing. And you know what? I think it's a better form of communication because I can broaden my horizons and meet people I wouldn't have otherwise in my 'tarded and boring state of Arizona. I wouldn't be able to keep in contact with my long time friends who moved to different states for college. And if it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't have been able to meet you guys either.
So fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Related: coworker walks by, sees me wearing my hat because without it my head would be cold (I finally chopped off all my hair again amd now it's in tge low 40's - my head and ears are the only part of me that actually get cold). She comments as follows-

Coworker: woooow I love your hat!
Me: thanks! :3
Coworker: and I'm glad you decided to stick with your glasses, too, instead of gettings contacts!
Me: (finally received contacts months after ordering them) uh...

I've already worn them once, too. What's so awful about my face that I have to partially cover it to be even faintly not awful looking? :(

Sometimes people just look better in glasses! I think I do, for example. And Sami look kawaii in her glasses :3 I think most of the pictures that I've seen of you, you're not wearing glasses. Which means you should show me one :3

She said it's what she's used to seeing me wear ;_;

The best is when you take off your glasses and people are like YOU LOOK SO WEIRD WITHOUT YOUR GLASSES. And it's like ._. thanks

and yeah I'm too lazy to fix the font color

People who have met me with my glasses don't recognize me without them :monster:. But I choose my glasses and it is partially because it covers up my face. Not that I'm not pretty, but I think they add character and it's something I can do that's personal since I'm allergic to make ups.

AvecAloes

Donator
I, for one, love glasses. I can't think of anyone I know who at the very least occasionally wears glasses whom I prefer without them. I don't know what it is, but oh well. I used to wear glasses, but my vision corrected itself for the most part, and to be honest, I kind of miss wearing them (I have a pair that I can use for, say, driving at night, but I don't need to wear them all day).

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
I wear glasses because the thought of putting things in my eyes terrify me.
(i do have a glasses fetish tho)

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Isn't Toronto like the only inhabited place in Canada? :awesome:

And I have a 3 hour commute every day for an 8 hour workday. The pay is good though, travel expenses are covered, and I get to work at home every once in a while (usually fridays). Finding a house closer to work at an affordable price is nigh-on impossible though. For anything below ~€650, there's a 5-year waiting time, and even then you can only hope to live in the shittiest apartments amongst white trash and the unemployed. I earn enough to get a place in the 'free market', but even that would mean I'd have to spend half my net monthly wage on rent and the rest. And I'd have to find something too.

So yeah, the Dutch housing market in the midwest of Dutchyland - the big cities and all the work etc - pisses me off. I told myself that if I don't have anything closer to work in a year, I'm moving back to Friesland. Pay will probably be less, but so is the cost of living.

Well, like you say, cost is covered and I assume it's mostly public transport? In the US and Canada (even inter city at times) that's not quite as viable. For me, the 'worth it' was actually a factor of cost, since it was money out of pocket vs money being made.

I, for one, love glasses. I can't think of anyone I know who at the very least occasionally wears glasses whom I prefer without them. I don't know what it is, but oh well. I used to wear glasses, but my vision corrected itself for the most part, and to be honest, I kind of miss wearing them (I have a pair that I can use for, say, driving at night, but I don't need to wear them all day).

I and my elder brother used to wear glasses and contacts respectively, then got LASIK to correct it after my first year at college.

A lot of people look better in glasses. I think I didn't, which is why I'm glad I don't need them anymore. Though I like how I look in aviators. It's weird.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I and my elder brother used to wear glasses and contacts respectively, then got LASIK to correct it after my first year at college.

YOU GOT LASIK?? *o* Was it scary? I've wanted it, but I'm chicken. Also poor.

Plus I'm so used to my glasses, idk if I could live without them. XD I have that really nerdy habit of pushing them up my nose, even when I'm not wearing them. Then I'm like, wtf am I doing, I'm not even wearing them, I'm a moron.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've gone back and forth between the two. Frankly, I think I look better in glasses when my hair is all bushy and I have this beatniky thing going on (facial hair, and they are the definition of hipster glasses, THOUGH THAT WAS BEFORE THAT BECAME MAINSTREAM I SWEAR IT ;.; ). But when my hair is short (like it is now, I like myself with contacts more. Idk. Either way I look like crap and wish I could swap with my reflection, who I actually like the look of overall. Strange, isn't it?

/can't afford laser eyes

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
YOU'RE RIGHT, MYRA. <3 I think I just need to hurry up and move out with a room mate and be on my own. But it's kinda hard when this stupid job still hasn't opened the store that's supposed to be near me. o thanks I'm getting a paycheck to basically pay for gas whoop pee doo. >_> <_< I refuse to move out before I have more than 1,000 saved. I've got about 200-something saved so yeeah.
I applied for a lot of places this weekend, so hopefully one of them works out. :monster: If not then.. I guess I'll be right back here in the piss you off thread, lol.

Plus I'm so used to my glasses, idk if I could live without them. XD I have that really nerdy habit of pushing them up my nose, even when I'm not wearing them. Then I'm like, wtf am I doing, I'm not even wearing them, I'm a moron.

OMG you too! Sometimes it takes me a couple hours to realize I forgot them at home. My eye with astigmatism starts to hurt a little and then I try to read something far away and have to touch my face to realize they aren't there. :P

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
why can't i wear glasses i look far more kawaii in fake glasses than not wearing them

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I got some fake glasses once, there was a girl at college who had them and she looked awesome. Sadly though I just ended up looking like Velma in Scooby Doo :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
For some reason in recent days I've been reminded just how much I dislike myself and it is coloring my mood in everything I do.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

It wasn't. It was actually pretty dull, though the surgery itself felt weird. Honestly, I felt worse trying to open my eyes after it was done than any time during the surgery because I was so light sensitive, in addition to already being incredibly light sensitive already.

I've gone back and forth between the two. Frankly, I think I look better in glasses when my hair is all bushy and I have this beatniky thing going on (facial hair, and they are the definition of hipster glasses, THOUGH THAT WAS BEFORE THAT BECAME MAINSTREAM I SWEAR IT ;.; ). But when my hair is short (like it is now, I like myself with contacts more. Idk. Either way I look like crap and wish I could swap with my reflection, who I actually like the look of overall. Strange, isn't it?

Not sure if ironic...

OMG you too! Sometimes it takes me a couple hours to realize I forgot them at home. My eye with astigmatism starts to hurt a little and then I try to read something far away and have to touch my face to realize they aren't there. :P

I was sometimes the same way when I used to have mine. My prescription wasn't that strong, so I could get by for most of the day without them.

why can't i wear glasses i look far more kawaii in fake glasses than not wearing them

So get some fakes, or some weak sunglasses.

I got some fake glasses once, there was a girl at college who had them and she looked awesome. Sadly though I just ended up looking like Velma in Scooby Doo :(

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
sooooo I just ran to the store with my mom to get a cake for my dad. She was going to get milk while I was picking out a cake. As she's walking up to me, I picked up this cute tiny little cake (which would have been neat since there's only three of us) and was like, "look at how cute. :3" And she says.... wait for it.... "it must look terrible, people seeing a little fatty getting excited at all the cakes."

.______________.

oh

well ok then

I think she meant it as a joke or something, idk. It wasn't very funny. I mean, I'm the first person to admit I'm fat, but like............. wow. Kinda hurtful coming from mom.

brb, little fatty's going to eat lunch. :awesome:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
THE IRONY OF IT IS NOT LOST ON ME ;.;

but I did buy them before the hipster thing started. TIFF HAS SEEN THEM SHE CAN BACK ME UP ;_;

ed: swear to god imma break this phone for spelling stuff wrong. HIPSTER NOT HOLSTER

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
it must look terrible, people seeing a little fatty getting excited at all the cakes."

I have your address. Someone is going to pay dearly for that comment. *loads gun* >8( And you are beautiful and adorable Kripey, your Mom either blind, a douche bag, or both. Maybe she needs lasik as well. =P

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
sooooo I just ran to the store with my mom to get a cake for my dad. She was going to get milk while I was picking out a cake. As she's walking up to me, I picked up this cute tiny little cake (which would have been neat since there's only three of us) and was like, "look at how cute. :3" And she says.... wait for it.... "it must look terrible, people seeing a little fatty getting excited at all the cakes."

.______________.

oh

well ok then

I think she meant it as a joke or something, idk. It wasn't very funny. I mean, I'm the first person to admit I'm fat, but like............. wow. Kinda hurtful coming from mom.

Your mom is a bitch.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I have your address. Someone is going to pay dearly for that comment. *loads gun* >8( And you are beautiful and adorable Kripey, your Mom either blind, a douche bag, or both. Maybe she needs lasik as well. =P

See, now you're going to be the first person they suspect. Tsk, amateurs. Always announcing their evil plots before they're even enacted. You'll never get into the legion of doom that way.

And yeah, that was a bitch thing for your mom to say, Kripey.

:lol:

Yeah but I was trying to go for overtly awesome and sexy glasses, not an 'always the quiet ones' subtle, intelligent sexiness.:monster:

So, did you go for the Librarian or Secretary glasses look, then?

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I hate tears. They're useless. They've fucked up my makeup and now I have to go to work all poofy eyed. Hope managers don't ask questions cause I envision a breakdown in the making.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man

.______________.

oh

well ok then

Never let her words get you down. Strive for your own ventures and successes so she may literally eat those words back and be proud of you.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Showed mother and father a picture of how I'm getting my haircut on Wednesday.

Dad: I'm not paying for my daughter to look like a dyke.
Mum: I thought you were going to stop getting lesbian haircuts? People will get the wrong idea.

Thanks mum and dad.
IF ONLY YOU KNEW
THIS DEFINITELY MAKES ME FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE ABOUT COMING OUT TO YOU

why parents why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom