Thor

Ghost X

If I haven't said already, I like that Hulk and Thor are teaming up. It'd probably make both characters (more) interesting. Intellectual property rights issues aside, what would make a stand-alone Hulk movie interesting? Something relevant and topical, etc?

Could postcolonial Bruce Banner, representing the in-group, fear becoming the Hulk due to inaccurate stereotypes and other afflictions resulting from Otherness? The movie could be about Bruce's ambivalent and oppressive relationship with his alter-ego, resulting in continual attempts of domination via subjugation and eradication. After some self-discovery and acceptance, Bruce then becomes sympathetic to the Hulk, and joins forces with him to turn on the political establishment, "They don't like me when I'm angry... trying to forge a national identity through a Hulk liberation movement." Roll credits.

In the sequel, Banner manages to start a family, but the government takes his child away from him by surprise, making Son of Hulk (SoH) a ward of the state, rather than placing them with Banner's relatives. The Hulk initially tries violent resistance by hulking out, and creates a Hulk supremacist religion, but then realises this is only inflaming the situation, much to the dislike of cult members. Through a resulting period of peaceful resistance, the government (and society in general) realise he ain't so scary after all, rather useful in fact, and grants him amnesty for his violent history in return for his continuing service to science. They all live happily ever after, until Bruce Banner is shot in the head by former cult members. Roll credits.

In the third movie, taking place decades after the second movie, the cult has become a non-issue. Instead, SoH must deal with a resurgence of the far-right, and his own demons resulting from being taken away from his family. The government once again becoming the enemy, after being taken over by corporate oligarchs due to shitty legislation. They convince their voter base to heckle SoH with chants such as "go back to where you comes from!" For one, it doesn't make sense for SoH to go back anywhere, and doesn't even want to anyway, as he actually identifies with the tolerant elements of society he is a part of, which makes up a size-able majority of the population.

After being taken in for trumped up drug charges, SoH teams up with She-Hulk (who is treated similarly to him) in her capacity as lawyer, and tries to organise the politically apathetic public to take down the corrupt political establishment, and eventually succeeds. There's relatively no action in this movie. SoH, learning from the mistakes of his father near the beginning, and only hulks out in situations of self defence where existential threats are present. Anyway, after seeing his mission is done on Earth, SoH seeks a new challenge and jumps off the planet. Roll credits.

In the fourth and final movie. SoH transforms Mars into the habitable PLANET HULK, for science (managing to become a scientist like his father). A significant chunk of Earth's population, suffering from the effects of climate change and unregulated capitalism in general, grow increasingly conservative as they see their resources shrivel up. They wonder why SoH doesn't use his powers to help Earth's problems first. "I'm against foreign aid, let alone foreign planet aid!" they cry. SoH travels back and forth from Mars to Earth, showering the uninformed population with the benefits of his science on Mars, but the people do not recognise their drastically improved living standards. Earth eventually burns up, and SoH lives in solitude for the rest of his remaining life. The End. Critics of this movie dislike the complete lack of Hulk action, and says the director has lost the plot.

Perhaps the connection with real world issues needs to be more subtle? :P.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:.

BetaRayBill

Pro Adventurer
I thought JMS wrote an incredible script, you guys will come around when we get a horse face movie and btw check out Daredevil, its up there with Fargo, Game of Thrones and the Nolan Batman movies

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Kevin Feige says Ragnarok takes place 95% off earth, confirms Portman is out

I think the Portman bit was confirmed earlier already as I knew about it already, or maybe it had just been a rumor idk

Eitherway, both these facts please me. Nothing against Portman but her character and the forced relationship between Jane and Thor was pretty weak.
Also, I recall hearing Portman didn't really wanna do the second movie in the first place.

And more off-world cosmic shenanigans is what I wanna see!

Also, still need an answer regarding what the fuck Loki did to Odin. Has Loki been pretty much sitting on Asgard's throne this entire time or did he just briefly impersonate Odin while the real one was out taking a shit? :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Portman should never have been cast in the first place. Or rather, she never should have taken the role if she didn't want it so badly. :closedmonster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I think Natalie Portman's a great actress, but I was never impressed by her performance in the first two Thor movies. And I hate jumping on that bandwagon, because I know the woman can act, it just felt like she didn't belong in those films at times.

Have you ever had those moments where you watch an actor or actress in a movie, and you think 'Their performance isn't bad, but they just don't look like they belong in this world/setting?' That's how I felt with Natalie.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
RG0BS1U.gif

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Reminds me of some beat-em-up game for the Sega Mega Drive. :wacky:

It doesn't scream 'Norse gods' to me though.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It really looks a lot like an 80s video game logo. I dig it.

Also: HELL YES TO HULK ARMOR.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It immediately made me think of Kung Fury. I mean, I guess that movie DOES have Thor in it... :monster:

Ghost X

I'm strangely obsessed about this logo now :P. It's not just a "1980s video game" look. This kind of aesthetic appeared in a lot of other 1980s things. Both that kind of font, and the horizon-reflecting metallic gradient effect (though it is stylised in this instance). Film logos (including fantasy movies, which often borrowed from Nordic stuff), cartoon logos, corporate logos, metal band logos (and metal does have its Norse mythology connections), Sorayama's gynoids (:awesome:), you name it. If the subtitle is not signifying a connection in that context, it would be a jarring design choice. Seems elsewhere on the internet recognises it as a 1980s design too. If the 1980s doesn't feature in the film, it has to be making some abstract connection and/or homage to something relevant to Thor that happened in the 1980s :P.

Top Bottom