TLS and Social Networking

1st Class Soldier

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
OurFinalHeaven
Tifa, I forgot what I was gonna say because I was staring at your signature @.@ I haven't played dissidia T^T Though I don't think it matters because it's getting a reboot >.<

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Gah. Stupid Tumblr and its 10MB audio post limit. Looks like I'll have to find another way to post the podcast. I'd have liked to have it so people can listen to it whilst still browsing down their dashboard instead of having a link that brings them to the episode page to listen (although I will of course have a link to it anyway, I'd just prefer if people could listen to it on their dash). I've looked into it some more and many podcasts are posted via SoundCloud (embedded player using the video post instead). People are known to also use youtube for podcasts but I'm not certain if that has got a limit on it too. So I'm asking if it's possible to upload the podcast to one of these or should I stick to linking back to here anyway? Hm, this probably should have gone in one of the podcast discussion threads.

TL;DR what's with the sucky limits, Tumblr?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I like Soundcloud, but it does have a space limit, and it took me awhile after I registered an account to be able to upload any files. Still, if you're lacking for options, you could do worse.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I put some of the audiobooks on soundcloud, but yeah, it limits to 2 or 3 hours of content unless you pay a monthly fee or something. I put the E3 podcast on our youtube. Should I continue doing that? The E3 one got 700 views, but I dont know if others would get that.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I think you should continue to do so. When I listen to podcasts youtube is my first choice.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Absolutely well done to Jason and Claymore for that video, it was incredibly well executed and very professional!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Thanks. Claymore is the genius behind the article and video. I just provided my apparently sexy voice. :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I upvoted those Pixel. Some of the reddit comments are hilarious XD.

"From that video, I now know what the cerebral bore felt like in turok"

I hate that it was an insult on the video... but god damn if that's not a funny burn...

Lex

Administrator
Yeah they're all very wow so edgy. I avoid that sub. The Final Fantasy reddit is much more cheerful :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
If we do more, we need to be careful of copyright. It doesnt say why there's a copyright dispute, but I suspect its TPRs music. If it was just because of AC clips, it would just be blocked straight away. That's why I us HypochondriacPiano's music. I have permission from her.

Monetisation isnt an issue really. Ive earned about £100 from it in 5 years, but if we can pass copyright and earn a tiny bit of money, it does help with our projects.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
If we do more, we need to be careful of copyright. It doesnt say why there's a copyright dispute, but I suspect its TPRs music.

That's why I'm not asking you guys to put my OST review on The Lifestream Youtube channel. Probably gonna get all kinds of copyright claims lol. God I hope that I finish that tonight... Part 5 has been killing me.

It doesn't really help with many of our projects I don't think, but I've always used artists who specifically make royalty free stuff like Incompetech and myuu.

Update: Also I posted my bloopers for that video on my personal channel.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

As far as general gaming subreddits go I'd suggest skipping /r/gaming and gunning for https://www.reddit.com/r/Games

The reason is that Gaming is a default sub so its already over saturated with content gunning for the front page, and secondly its hardly anything more than a hub for le dank memes and if your content doesn't fall under that description its pretty hard to get front paged there.

Games on the other hand is much more open to content that can't be just digested in a gif or captioned image and also is a great hub for well thought out discussion on games etc.

The other subreddits you posted stuff in are great though :monster:

That's why I'm not asking you guys to put my OST review on The Lifestream Youtube channel. Probably gonna get all kinds of copyright claims lol

As long as you are not uploading the songs in there entirety/the entire album and are only using portions of the music with in reason you are allowed to upload reviews of the OST to youtube under Fair use. Critiquing is allowed under it as long as you keep it all with in reason.

You may get a hit by the Content ID system but things like reviews/critiques are very very easily counter claimed.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Is there something I can write that can get around a claim easily for a vid with fair use and commentary?

Lex

Administrator
How does Supradarky get away with posting pretty much entire OST's to their channel?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
How does Supradarky get away with posting pretty much entire OST's to their channel?

Content id matches =/= copyright strikes and DMCA's.

You can put up what ever you want on your channel but if it gets a hit on the CID you cant monetize that video. So those people that upload entire albums of stuff etc. They never see a cent of it as the CID sends the money to the proper owners.

If the video falls under the fair use spectrum and it gets a hit on the CID then you can counter claim it so that you may monetize the video.

The thing is that eventually if you keep poking the tiger it will bite. 1 strike removes A LOT of features from an account bars it from partner programs through MCN's and Youtube/AdSense. , the second strike extends the amount of time the features are removed and a third strike gets the account deleted permanently.

Lex

Administrator
I'm still not clear on how he's had full OST's up on his channel for like 6 years while others who post the same OST's have them taken down. I assume his videos aren't monetised, are you saying that's what makes the difference?

Top Bottom