TLS Family Portrait Thread

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, it is!

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No, it isn't!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's almost there. Here's what I suggest...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "You know, sometimes life will toss your Baked Alaska right in the rubbish bin. And you scream and s

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I always update as soon as people post in this thread but I never post about it 'cause I don't wanna spam up the place with, "Thanks I saw that!" posts nah mean? Anyway, Joe and X-SOLDIER, your request has been noted! And I added that you wanted shades X! :)

To give everyone an idea of how these are coming out, here's the first batch of three that I've done so far! Featuring Octo, Flare, and Ghost X.

Group_Shot_1.png

The next three that I've got lined up are wander, Shademp, and Unit-01!

Aaaaaah, I'm so happy!

Last edited:

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange? No
>If not, please send me a photo of the image you’d like portrayed in your portrait avatar (it can be an image of yourself, a favourite character, a pet etc etc). Pls draw my cat, Cola. Here are some pictures of him:
https://i.imgur.com/VnMG5mL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qI8FU08.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UegD6G5.jpg
Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar? No
Do you have any preferences for the age you’re portrayed as? Cola is an adult cat
Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content). Spooky but cute. Interpret that however you will :P
Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)? No

This is awesome that you're doing this btw. Your drawings are so cute :3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
BWAHAHAHA GHOST OMFG

Octo looks so dang cool :awesome:

And of couuuuuurse you know I love mine <3 and my baby Drogon <3

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
These are awesome. Looks like me an Flare are Ghosts daughters, taken him out of the old folks home for the day. Flare is the favourite daughter, I'm the one who went off the rails but I'm hoping I'm still gonna get some inheritance if I play my cards right :lol:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Those pictures look phenomenal. Really brought a smile to my face this morning at work! ^_^ You whacked them out so fast too what even.

As for mine:
1. This avatar is temporary so I'll pm you some pics of me.
2. 'Joe' is totes fine.
3. Adult is fine with me, or rl age whichever works.
4. Either a generally cheerful look or an arrogant/cocky one to match how much of a little shit I can be.
5. Can you include the glasses worn in my usual avatar. Some examples: 1 , 2, 3 . Whether they are transparent or not is up to you, whatever you think looks better! ^_^

Once again, hats off to you for this undertaking. I hope you position yourself front and center of the group image. :monster:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Thanks Anemone and Joe!

These are awesome. Looks like me an Flare are Ghosts daughters, taken him out of the old folks home for the day. Flare is the favourite daughter, I'm the one who went off the rails but I'm hoping I'm still gonna get some inheritance if I play my cards right :lol:

:lol: Hilarious! Given the look of Ghost in that picture, I'd probably investigate the home for any possible occurrences of elder abuse. :kermit:

Those pictures look phenomenal. Really brought a smile to my face this morning at work! ^_^ You whacked them out so fast too what even.

Yes, these are churning out much faster than I had anticipated, thank goodness. The base models I created have been making all the difference! I essentially draw around whatever base I use and then the colouring part is super, super simple. ^_^

Joe said:
Once again, hats off to you for this undertaking. I hope you position yourself front and center of the group image. :monster:

Yay! Haha, I hadn't actually thought about that! But now that you bring it up, I might indulge myself in doing just that. :awesome:

Thanks again for taking the time to do the survey. In fact,
Those who fill out the survey get first priority, and I list them out in a sort "first posted, first served" fashion (especially now that I've bothered to document all those surveys). That's because you've taken the guesswork out of the equation and I am not a fan of guesswork (I'm about as far from Sherlock Holmes as one can get in that regard lmfao).

After I've finished all of those, I'm going to go through everyone who has expressed interest in this project but haven't filled out a survey and private message them the survey questions in alphabetical order.

So *hint hint*, filling out the survey gives you a sweet spot in the queue! Whilst everyone is going to be drawn eventually (hopefully), filling out the survey gives you the advantage of of having a say over what your avatar looks like sooner and thus more adjustments can be made, etc.

Of course, even if you fill out the survey, the time it takes for your avatar to be portrait-ready depends a lot on our communication. So respond to those PMs I send you! :watchingu:

TL;DR: Filling the survey out is good for both of us.

Oh, and new rule that I'm going to add to the main post:
You can redo your avatar up to two times. When I say redo, I mean having an entirely new piece of lineart or having a significant portion of lineart redrawn per your request AFTER getting your approval on an earlier sketch ('cause that's when I start fine-tuning the line-art and start colouring). So essentially, you can change your mind twice before I say, "NO MORE!"

No one has been asking for new pieces, but I wanna get that out there regardless.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm in. :)

1. It's the only avatar I've ever used, both here and way back on ACF... so yeah, I'm good with my portrait looking like a cat.

2. Again... Kionae's the only username I've ever used.

3. Not particularly. I guess based on my join date here, I'd fall into the children category, but there are some people who know me from WAY back. Cat or kitten, whatever you want to do is fine with me.

4. No preference.

5. If you can work in a tiny Reno-shaped cat toy for my kitty avatar to nom on, that'd be cool.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
This sounds like a fantastic idea!! I am personally in favour of style A, to be honest. I'd like to be portrayed as an adult, myself.

I guess regarding how I am portrayed... I'll be sending a photo. If I don't say anything in a few days, feel free to drop a PM. I've been busy like hell lately but that doesn't mean I'm ignoring you all :)

As for accessories and all that, I'll think about it but I'm usually wearing some kind of shirt, belt and jeans. It's kind of a basic look... but then again, we can go through that on PM, if that's good for you!

Either way, this is a wonderful idea!! :D

AvecAloes

Donator
1. Uhh, I don't know. I've grown rather attached to this version of Aeris, but I also fancy the idea of having a more personalized portrait...
Here are some pics of me for reference tho
PAYYziIm.jpg
oQCkcSQm.jpg
v36Lj6Km.jpg

2. Avec will be fine :)

3. adult, methinks, which I think is the range I'm in anyway

4. raised eyebrow sassy ;)

5. If you could get my cat tights I'd be so thrilled. Actually the entire outfit from pic 3 would be great.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Thanks everyone! You're all in the queue ;)

@Kionae, I'm going to make an exception for you and have you situated amongst the elders in the portrait. :)

When I've made a background for said portrait, I'll post it to the main page and it'll keep getting renewed as more avatars are added to it methinks. Are we down for that? Or do we want the final product to be something of a surprise?

I think I'll keep posting the latest batch of the avatars (in threes). It's fun to do and all your friends get a chance to see you how you're going to be represented a little up close as well (before you're lost in a sea of chibi bodies!) :orgy:

Ghost X

Is the background gonna be FFVII-related? I don&#8217;t mind either way, and I don't mind a surprise*.

* = in this situation :awesome:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I have vague FFVII-esque ideas for the background, indeed! But I'm gonna have to brainstorm this one later on, yeah. Especially since I have my mind so focused on the individual avatars at the moment. Everyone feel free to give your two cents on that.
:desucait:

AvecAloes

Donator
Also also wik, I'm sorry, but I just thought of this - a special request for mine - my dimples are a pretty integral part of my face ^_^

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Ooooooooh I think you're gonna be my first chibi with dimples! I almost never draw dimples in general. I'm excited~ Hope I capture it well T_T

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Fancy said:
Oh, and new rule that I'm going to add to the main post: You can redo your avatar up to two times. When I say redo, I mean having an entirely new piece of lineart or having a significant portion of lineart redrawn per your request AFTER getting your approval on an earlier sketch ('cause that's when I start fine-tuning the line-art and start colouring). So essentially, you can change your mind twice before I say, "NO MORE!"

I might well ask you to do both myself and Ryoko chibis in this case. :awesome:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
lol that would be very sneaky indeed :watchingu:

I'm actually glad you pointed that out, cause that makes me want to add that the redo will have to wait after I've done everyone else's first go. :rudeball: ! That would only be fair, methinks, so that I'm not spending forever on one person lol.

Btw, Mage, are you leaving it up to me to decide between Ryoko or you? Or do you think you definitely want one over the other? ^_^

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
just wanted to say thanks dood, mad skillz

also shitposting is the purpose of the internet. there are universities and pubs for other shit

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
  1. Myep. I got a billion of these avatars for every move, and now Flare's even done a human version. TIS MAH E-FACE
  2. MisterSpooks
  3. No preference
ChipNoir_avatar-195x195.jpg

1. Usually a ghost, so there's just whispy ethereal trail-off after the middle.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I have vague FFVII-esque ideas for the background, indeed! But I'm gonna have to brainstorm this one later on, yeah. Especially since I have my mind so focused on the individual avatars at the moment. Everyone feel free to give your two cents on that.
:desucait:

Gold saucer would be a dynamic place to throw all of us around on.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
shitposting is the purpose of the internet. there are universities and pubs for other shit

I just might make this my signature, lmao.

@ChipNoir Merci beaucoup; you've added to me notes!

Golden Saucer could actually work. At the moment is sounds intimidatingly like a lot of work so I'm going to see about how I feel about this once I've cleared my list of Avatars-To-Do, but it's definitely be a possibility. I'm envisioning it now. Thanks!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
lol that would be very sneaky indeed :watchingu:

I'm actually glad you pointed that out, cause that makes me want to add that the redo will have to wait after I've done everyone else's first go. :rudeball: ! That would only be fair, methinks, so that I'm not spending forever on one person lol.

Btw, Mage, are you leaving it up to me to decide between Ryoko or you? Or do you think you definitely want one over the other? ^_^

I'm happy to leave it up to you, just curious as to what each one will look like. Like I said, I suspect the Ryoko one will be far more aesthetically pleasing.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Well, shit.

My computer just blew out and isn't turning back on.

Are you ever so upset that you're just numb? You can't even react. You just sit there as the horror sinks in. I don't understand.

Wow, so I guess this project is on hiatus until this is solved. :(

Top Bottom