AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
How did you get on IRC before?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I clicked the link. :I

But before that I used Ice Chat. I have uninstalled it since it's basically a waste of computer space.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I clicked the link. :I

But before that I used Ice Chat. I have uninstalled it since it's basically a waste of computer space.

it's like 5.5 MB for the entire program

I'M ON TO YOUR EXCUSES

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
y u no use irc moar

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm taking an IRC break. I have so much on my plate right now - important exams, university applications, job applications - that are much higher priorities. I won't be connecting for the next few weeks. I'll still visit the forum though :)

Fangu

Great Old One
because whenever I go there it's really boring or no one's even there

no offense :awesome:
You're just in the wrong time zone ;)

Or no, not really. Yac, Tennyo, Soak, Tifabelle and Ryu I have conversations with regularly, though some usually comes in when it's way past my bedtime (but I'm up at night doing school work like a boss :awesome:)

Also, if you get a new client, you can set it up to blink when someone talks. Then you can join in on the lulz when it happens. That's what most of us who's in there do anyway.

And I'm with Yac on the client taking up space. 5,5 MB is close to nothing, and the IRC traffic and process itself is like minimum strain on your machine and Internet access.

I'm taking an IRC break. I have so much on my plate right now - important exams, university applications, job applications - that are much higher priorities. I won't be connecting for the next few weeks. I'll still visit the forum though :)
Yeah you've been a bit away lately, wondering what you'd been up to. You're the 'all or nothing' type of guy, eh? Well stop by if you have the time, you don't have to be very active - it's nice to have you in there :)

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
wat are you talking about tiff, I'm in there almost every night.

Also what fangu said. It's better to just sign in, and if no one's there, wait for people to show up. Sometimes I go in and people are mid-conversation, and other times I have to wait for folks to show up. :monster: Mine flashes orange like msn does when someone posts something. It also makes a noise so that if I'm afk, I'll hear it.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
lol peer pressure

Also yeah I just leave my mIRC on for the entire day and if a conversation picks up i pick it up and we ROLL

like a very round thing that
rolls really well idk

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Sorry for not having been in IRC for a while. Having since moved back to my old apartment I haven't been able to connect to my cousin's router and I keep disconnecting frequently from this particular network (which gets annoying). Waiting till I get a new laptop and/or long enough ethernet cord before I may grand glorious gathering come back. :sadpanda: And on top of that, I've been busy with school. :v

Fangu

Great Old One
WoL: I was playing games, sorry... should have been in bed ages ago. It's past 4 AM. It's just that night shifts turn my sleeping pattern completely around and I'm fucked for days after it.

Oh, I just yawned!! Hallelujah. Will try sleeping now :lol:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I kid! I kid! xD

I will be online tomorrow so you can all bask in the glory of my awesomeness! /aka I won't feel like a loser.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Can somebody that is well-knowledged and kind enough to do all the groundwork for me please direct me and remind me how to download and set up the Irc and our TLS chat. Le olde one died with my old laptop. >.>

Fangu

Great Old One
Google "IRC client". The most common one is mIRC. If you have a MAC, you have to choose something else. Or: If you join the IRC channel through the Flash chat first, we'll help you out ;)

The Flash chat, you say? Press "Chat" in the menu on the top of this page. Also, for lots of useful info, see the first post in this thread. Be sure to click the "FAQ" spoiler tag in that post, it has lots of useful info.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I use Trillian myself, but I also use mibbit at work.

The important bits are server and room.

Server is ipocalypse. It should be selectable or searchable, depending on your particular client.

Room is #tls. It needs the #

After that, you need to register your email to a username you like.

Top Bottom