#tls IRC

Fangu

Great Old One
Ahoy, I'm in!

OMG it's been ages since I was on IRC. I remember it was so hawt when I was 16, and I was on there all the time. This is some strange deja vu feeling. I know my work place has replaced MSN with IRC for work chat, so I have this feeling that IRC is returning... huh.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IRC is one of the classics, a timeless protocol for chat box thingies, etc etc etc rant rant rant. A testament on how building something right can last for ages.

Your work? MSN? For real? :(

Fangu

Great Old One
Seriously. More people should be on here.

Download xchat-WDK and log on to the server irc.ipocalypse.net. Then join the channel tls. (PM me if you have problems!)

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I went on the other day. I could count on one hand how many people there were.

During the evenings there's usually 6+ people on so unless you are the six fingered man... :monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I JOINED. But wtf is this thing. I have no idea what I'm doing xD

Fangu

Great Old One
I JOINED. But wtf is this thing. I have no idea what I'm doing xD
Did you do download an IRC client or did you use the online version? Did you join the channel? It's not always hopping in there these days, so there's a good chance you entered at a slow time.

Vixenish

Rinoa ACF/FFOF
AKA
Rinoa
...i r irc newb...How do I do it? Someone should add something to the OP about where to download a decent client, or what webpage to go to...I'm so lost.

Can Trillion do IRC?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
...i r irc newb...How do I do it? Someone should add something to the OP about where to download a decent client, or what webpage to go to...I'm so lost.

Can Trillion do IRC?

Check out the FAQs in the first post (they're under a spoiler tag), should answer your questions :monster:

Vixenish

Rinoa ACF/FFOF
AKA
Rinoa
Sorry about that. Last time I was on forums spoiler tags just made it so you had to highlight the text. I'm not used to the new fancy yet. lol

EDIT- I got it working in Trillian. Woot!

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
Trillian, eh? I haven't used that in years, but maybe now that I know IRC can work with it, I might have to download it again. Or use any of the other ways to do it, really. :monster:

Vixenish

Rinoa ACF/FFOF
AKA
Rinoa
Trillian is pretty cool, I like the IRC interface that it has.

It was kinda weird to setup though. You have to add the IRC plugin(just check the box in the plugins menu, it autodownloads the plugin but you have to turn it on, which seemed weird...and then to add the IRC server you want you have to add it as an account. There's no instructions on how it works now, all the ones google found me were outdated.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dear websites,

Update your documentation.

Dear Google,

Prefer to link to the latest documentation for everything, given the choice between various versions.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yo folks, time to /join :monster:

Clever instructions from Yaccbs (Samantha Carter) in first poast!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm glad this place has an IRC channel, I used to love IRC :) Not just because it was invented by a Finnish guy, either.

I will definitely pop in to the chan when I get home and onto a proper internet connection - as opposed to the dial-up over bluetooth catastrophe I'm having to put up with right now.

Long story.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Maybe an admin could take that code and integrate it nicely into a TLS page? We'd probably get a few more visitors. The code can even be generated to join #tls automatically.

Fangu

Great Old One
Done already, here is the HTML:
Code:
<iframe src="http://f.ipocalypse.net/?autojoin=%23TLS&nick=user*" style="width:800px;
height:450px;"></iframe>

Edit: I'm blind and Flintlock gave me glasses. You can edit that code here.

Also, to autojoin TLS everybodeh, you can simply click this:
http://f.ipocalypse.net/?autojoin=#tls&nick=user*

Actually, I'm putting that in my signature. fgj.

Last edited:
Top Bottom