#tls IRC

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I don't think I was in IRC all last week :sadpanda:
but then I wasn't really on MSN either :sadpanda:
idk why :sadpanda:

when's the end of the month party? next friday?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yep, Friday the 30th, if enough people are still up for it :) I popped my head into the channel yesterday evening, despite saying I wouldn't, and the only person there was Ryu. Hopefully that's not symptomatic of a general decline in interest in it.

Fangu

Great Old One
Right now, 7 people and conversations going on :) I think you have to pop in around this time and a couple of hours ahead, Flint. When it gets close to midnight your time, Yop and I are gone and the umurcans and Poutine-eaters might be off doing other evening activities.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Lol I can't wait to have you back! Good Luck on your exams! The kinda part was a joke.. I do miss you A LOT!!

Fangu

Great Old One
Well it wasn't a reply just to you, it was also a way of publicly saying "#tls is not slow as Flint suggest, he might just have entered at a bad time". Plus, I get the feeling when you say "evening" you mean "2 AM" :P

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
When I'm on, it's usually from like 10pm-3am EST :monster:
Typically I'm on almost everyday, just this past week I wasn't.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
My laptop is still borked, tis why I haven't been in lately. I might be in on the 30th for the party though.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
From what I recall, you actually fell in during a lull, so it was just bad timing. And I was Skyriming at the time.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I have thought about adding a trivia feature to Sephibot before. It would depend on two things, though: 1) a demand for it, and 2) a commitment from people to submit questions. Lots of questions.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Okay, 2 questions

1) Where can I download Hydra IRC for macs

2) If I can't use Hydra and switch over to a different chat client, am I going to have to re-register my nick all over again?

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
1. You cannot.

2. That shouldn't be necessary; if you know your nick and password, just identify yourself with NickServ as you usually would:
Code:
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY [b][u]password[/b][/u]

The only reason you'd need to re-register your nick would be inactivity. If it has been a while since you last used your nick, it may have been dropped by NickServ and possibly taken by someone else.

You can check whether a nick is registered or not by using the following command:
Code:
/msg NickServ STATUS [b][u]nickname[/b][/u]
which will return a status code. If it returns "0" or "1" you're all right, but "2" or "3" will mean that someone else has claimed it.

Now, on a Mac, →Colloquy is probably going to be your best bet. I won't bother talking about the others because they're text-based, lacking full GUIs and thence mouse support--which you'll want if you're a fan of HydraIRC.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
1. You cannot.

2. That shouldn't be necessary; if you know your nick and password, just identify yourself with NickServ as you usually would:
Code:
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY [B][U]password[/U][/B]
The only reason you'd need to re-register your nick would be inactivity. If it has been a while since you last used your nick, it may have been dropped by NickServ and possibly taken by someone else.

You can check whether a nick is registered or not by using the following command:
Code:
/msg NickServ STATUS [B][U]nickname[/U][/B]
which will return a status code. If it returns "0" or "1" you're all right, but "2" or "3" will mean that someone else has claimed it.

Now, on a Mac, →Colloquy is probably going to be your best bet. I won't bother talking about the others because they're text-based, lacking full GUIs and thence mouse support--which you'll want if you're a fan of HydraIRC.

Can you walk me through on how to connect to the channels now? xD

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Okay. The server is irc.ipocalypse.net
The channel is #tls

So to join, you would enter:
Code:
/server irc.ipocalypse.net
/join #tls

However, you should be able to configure your IRC client to join the server and TLS channel automatically each time you start it up.

Go to "Window" ↓
hqLwl.png

Go to "Connections" ↓
fq3eD.png

Select the server you want to join automatically and check the ★ box next to it.
dmfBR.png

If you don't see the irc.ipocalypse.net server in the list, you'll need to add it manually. The port will be 6667.

To set your nick, click "Info" up top and go through the options on the "General" tab.

To set automatically joined channels [i.e. #tls],go to the "Automatic" tab and add the channels with the "+"
jrZfH.png

Check the "Connect on launch" box if it isn't already ticked.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
I haven't been in #tls a lot lately but I swear I will improve :) It's a good place for random derp. Halped me through the most boring night of boring nights tonight :)

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I haven't on it in a little while either last 2 weeks at work were a bit mad but I've more free time now :)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I LIVE IN IRC NOW
MY HOME

(i disconnect and reconnect a lot tho lul)

Top Bottom