TLS Music Club!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Holy shit sorry I’m late!

17th March, 2018
theme_of_the_week.png

Rejection (n.) - 1. the dismissing or refusing of a proposal, idea, etc 2. the spurning of a person's affections

Please post a song that you think exemplifies this theme (with either definition ;) ) and explain why you picked it. :)

personal_question.png

What is a song that you're embarrassed about liking/your guilty pleasure song?

triva.png

LAST WEEK’S TRIVIA ANSWERS:
  1. A. ‘Born in the USA’ by Bruce Springsteen
    • Bruce Springsteen’s “Born In The U.S.A.” Album was the first CD ever released in the United States. Bruce Springsteen began recording the album in January 1982 and didn’t finish it until March 1984. The CD was released on June 4, 1984and the album went on to become the best selling album of 1985 in the U.S. The album also produced a record tying (shared only with Michael Jackson’s thriller and Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation) seven top-ten singles.
      source
  2. B. I
    • The rows are lettered alphabetically from front to back in a Broadway theater, but they skip from Row “H” directly to “J,” with no Row “I” in most theaters. This is to avoid disappointing people who might have thought they were sitting in Row 1.
      source
  3. D. Katie Perry’s ‘I Kissed A Girl’
    • The accompanying music video for the song was released on May 16, 2008. The video, directed by Kinga Burza, features Perry in a setting inspired by burlesque and Moulin Rouge styles. It features appearances from Perry's friends, including actress Shannon Woodward and singer Kei$ha.
      source

THIS WEEK’S TRIVIA:
  1. Led Zeppelin came up with the song title ‘Black Dog’ after what?
    A. A black dog walked into the studio whilst recording the song.
    B. Robert Plant visited his family home, which is situated by ‘Black Dog Lake’.
    C. Spending a night at a pub by the same name.
    D. A white cat wandered by the band during a smoke break.
  2. Jessie J was originally meant to give her hit ‘Do It Like A Dude’ to which pop star?
    A. Katy Perry
    B. Rihanna
    C. Britney Spears
    D. Ariana Grande
  3. The singer behind Gorillaz’s 2D is also the lead singer of which Britpop band?
    A. Oasis
    B. Charlatans
    C. Ash
    D. Blur

Last edited:

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Rejection:

Other than being one of my own personal ~just rejected~ anthems, Someday's lyrics embody not just the present sting of rejection but the shadows that linger even after the initial prick has subsided. Sometimes it's even powerful enough to 'shift' a piece of you - insecurities can be on some crazy shit.

Guilty pleasure songs:

I have so many, but this stupid ass
song from Flight of the Conchords has racked up so many plays 'cause it's so goddamn groovy plus the nonsense French cracks me the fuck up.

Other guilty pleasures include all of Taylor Swift's 1989 album and a shitty bootlegged version of Kendrick Lamar's Sing About Me by some randy amateur rapper. Fight me, Fancy.

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
For rejection I'mma go with Sick Puppies'
cos it's kinda about them like rejecting what society's trying to force on them, and I also always felt like they were a bit being rejected by someone who thought they were living their lives wrong but idk (does that count?).
You all hate your children
They're too fat to feed
You're on medication
Taking pills to sleep
I think I'm doing just fine
Compared to what you've been doing
I won't get vaccinated
Insurance costs too much
You think you're so persuasive
But I'm not giving up
Saving my life
It's not what you're doing
I, I won't justify
The way I live my life
'Cause I'm the one livin' it
Feelin' it, tastin' it
And you're just wasting your time
Trying to throw me a line
When you're the one drowning
I like where I'm at on my back
Floating down in my own riptide
The water is fine

also cos it's literally about getting dumped.

As for a guilty pleasure ... hmm ... I'm not super into like Rihanna generally ... or, rather, I get teased if I listen to any of her stuff haha. But this is
Specifically this version as well :P

EDIT: Fancy! Fancy! Fancy! You missed a trick by not making this week's trivia question number 3 number 2! Cos then the answer would be 2D as well!
(Actually, though, it's 3D, which is also cool, but still.)

Ghost X

Rejection song... hmmm. Nothing comes to mind, so I'll just pick Generation X's Dancing with Myself.

Edit: Oh, and guilty pleasure. Can't think of anything recent that I haven't already mentioned, but I did like Kylie Minogue's How Does It Feel In My Arms blasting over the concert hall speakers when I worked in the UK :P. Also liked Black Eyed Peas' Imma Be, until I came to my senses :awesome:. Not sure if Lady Gaga's Bad Romance should count as a guilty pleasure, as I think it is a pretty good pop song :P. Not that I listen to any of these songs any more :P.

Last edited:

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
Guilty pleasure...

Some mumble rap tracks, to be completely honest :whistle: Philosophically, mumble rappers go against everything I believe in as far as good lyricists go, but...if it's a banger, it's a banger! :awesome:

A couple that come to mind are Lil Uzi Vert's XO Tour Llif3 and Rich Gang's Lifestyle HAHAHA I CAN'T HELP IT

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Couldn't think of anything appropriate for rejection. A song I associate with rejection is
, because when I think of the word "denied" I usually end up singing this song in my head with the words (or word) changed. That's all I got. :3

Songs I'd be embarassed by if I discovered my headphones weren't plugged in:
-I don't listen to much pop stuff, but I always felt a little weird liking She Wolf by Shakira.
-The song Razzmatazz by Froggy Mix was used as the opening theme for the season 2 and 3 TV broadcast of "Cardcaptors" (while the US kept the first OP the whole way through). Always thought it was awesome, always felt embarassed to like it because of the weird lyrics and no sense making.
-Flyers br Bradio (linked earlier in this thread) is just unlike everything else I listen. Another uncharacteristic song I like is Fellows by Masaaki Endoh.
-And then there's meme stuff like Nerd Folia's cover of Amazing Horse, which are weird and need context to explain.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Other guilty pleasures include all of Taylor Swift's 1989 album and a shitty bootlegged version of Kendrick Lamar's Sing About Me by some randy amateur rapper. Fight me, Fancy.

LMFAOOO I STILL LAUGH ABOUT THAT BULLSHIT. BRUH I WAS SHOOK WHEN I HEARD THAT BOOTLEGGED MESS. D E D

663-coffin.png

Anyway.

After sitting on it a minute, I decided to go with The Beatles'
LOL which actually kinda cracks me up listening to it. Yikesville.

I don't have any guilty pleasure songs because my taste is impeccable and I have nothing to be ashamed of in my library.

LMFAO I KID.

It's my guilty pleasure cuz I was frontin' like I couldn't fucks with this album and I made fun of all the fake dancehall sounds that it was criticised for and then turned around and grooved to that shit.

I'M TALKIN' ABOUT DRAKE'S 'VIEWS'

I HAVE GROOVED UNIRONICALLY TO

LMAO FIGHT ME.

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The ABCs of Music

SPONTANEOUS GAME TIME???

I just had a thought for a game we can all partake in CUZ WHY THE FUCK NOT. This shit is so spontaneous that I didn't even draw up a banner for this and y'all know how much I love banners!!!!

This won't stop our other activities, naturally, but

eh

JUST LISTEN.

THE ABCs OF MUSIC

So, this is how it's gonna go.

I'm going to start with the letter 'A' and name a song that I like that starts with the letter 'A'.

The next person who posts has to name a song they like that starts with the letter 'B'...

And the person after them posts 'C'....

You catchin' my drift?

And this goes on till we get to good ol' Z(ED).

IMPORTANT RULES:
  • YOU CAN'T POST TWICE IN A ROW. That is, you can't post a song starting with I and then immediately follow up with a song followed with J. WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO POST ANOTHER SONG. ty sorry, don't mean to shout.
  • DO NOT SKIP A LETTER LMFAO. If you can't think of a song, wait for someone else to post and try to have the next letter ready.
  • Start off your post with the letter that you have so that we're all keeping track n shit! This will also help us keep track of these posts so we can differentiate between a regular weekly post thing and the game post.
  • DON'T POST A LETTER THAT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE. If someone posts a song for 'L' ahead of you and you think to yourself, "Wow, that's some lame bullshit they're posting, the song I would've used for 'L' would've been THIS and it would've been so much better, in fact, I'mma post it to make up for their bullshit." RESIST THIS, THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION.
  • Only participate if you want to, obviously, lmao.

Again, Round 1 is just song titles. Round 2 is gonna be artists. Round 3 is gonna be EXTRA HARD because you'll need the Song Titles and Artists's names to both start with the same letter.

I'LL START!!!

Round 1 - A

A for
by Gorillaz

Top Bottom