AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
It's like an Umbria but with moar Cum. :monster:

It's basically the Lake District.

Fangu

Great Old One
What is a Lake District? :monster:

nah jk I'll look it up :wacky:

(Initial thought though - nature? Fuck nature, I have enough of that where I live)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I thought you lived in the city? :monster:

@Mage, shotgun? :monster:

(I did the road trip to Cumbria with the same driver err... 4ish years ago? IIRC she shouted at some people :monster: )

Fangu

Great Old One
I have giant woods about a 10 minute drive from here, no u :monster:

also idgi gais, y'all keep talking about your anxieties and social anxieties and whatnot yet you are willing to entrap yourselves with limited transportation choices meaning there's literally no way to escape with your dignity intact :monster:

yous all posers :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Not really any different to london though, I could only afford a non-transferable ticket, so if I'd gone all weird I still would have been stuck until the sunday :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Wicked, can anyone who wants a ride from and back to Brum give me a shout out? I'm pondering a hire vehicle now and need an idea of size so I can cost it up. The plan is still for Cumbria on the bank holiday weekend, if anyone's got alternative ideas please do say so soon. My landscaping job has overrun so I haven't had a chance to look at places we can hire yet (beyond what I'd already looked at), so if anyone fancies checking out bunkhouses or lodges or the like then by all means do so. Don't forget we're likely to be self-catering in that respect.

Where and when would i need to to get picked up?

Fangu

Great Old One
Not really any different to london though, I could only afford a non-transferable ticket, so if I'd gone all weird I still would have been stuck until the sunday :monster:
To me it is different, because in London you had your own hotel room and could have hid saying you didn't feel too good. Or saying you wanted to go shopping for a birthday present or w/e

without having to make the major big deal out of things that it turns out to be when you just decide to leave

I guess people are just different.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Oh yeah, well there is that. If we're all gonna share one big room I'll possibly freak out but then I'll just go and roam the woods for a bit :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah well, we can devise a system for farts. :monster:

you just announce 'I need to fart' and then retreat to a safe distance say....100 yards?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Everyone can fart, except Yop because I've been in a car with him when he guffs and HOLY DEAR GODS, THOSE THINGS ARE TRULY NON-EUCLIDEAN. :monster:

Right, for people hitching a lift from Brum, you will be collected from Birmingham airport (BHX). It's one or two stops from New Street station depending on which service you're on. Yop's called shotgun but there might be three seats up front. The third seat will be for my snacks. :awesome:
For people being collected from Manchester, I'm thinking I will collect you from one of the main stations (Piccadilly or Victoria but I'm sure Ami can advise). Octo will be picked up from AN Other location.

@ Fangu: Cumbria is scenic and has good pubs. I'm sure you'll approve. ;)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
fwiw I don't really care where I sit, as long as there's enough space because the drive is what, six hours? iForgot. Plus we'll be making a stop in Manchester. Actually we made a stop in Manchester last taimu to meet up with Mat.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Aren't I throwing an onion in the ointment? I mean I dunno where you were thinking of picking me up Mage, Liverpool? Cos it looks like you'd be going back on yourself.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Hush dear, you're totally worth it.

@ Yop: it's six hours to Scotland you tit. We're not going that far (I'm not picking up the Scottish contingent too!).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Well as long as you're sure! let me know where would be best to pick me up from. :properhug:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm gunning for the main stations, so I'm guessing Liverpool Lime Street would be the optimal one, unless you'd prefer St Helens or some suchlikes. I've got to exit the M6 to head into Manchester anyway so heading out in the other direction isn't an issue.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Lime street is fine :) but we'll figure out the fiddly bits at a later date.

Lex

Administrator
I wouldn't mind picking people up if it's more convenient? Having said that I don't think there's anyone between me and Cumbria, I'm a lot closer to it from the north than magoo is from the saaaf.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
You mean they finally cleaned all the phlegm globs and chewing gum off the floor outside? :monster:

Top Bottom