TLS UK Late Summer ish Meetup

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
They're a bit shit TBH. I'd like to be more constructive about it but they look like a five year old got hold of an Etch a Sketch.

On the plus side, I know where to find you now!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I wouldn't mind picking people up if it's more convenient? Having said that I don't think there's anyone between me and Cumbria, I'm a lot closer to it from the north than magoo is from the saaaf.

You can pick me up. I'm not... that far :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Okay you big buggering bunch of blue waffles, so far I've got confirmed attendance from:
Me
Ami
Crash
Cthulhu
Joe
Minato
Octo
Tets

Possibles
Lex
S&G
Fangu

With me providing transport from Brum for Joe, Crash, Yop, Minato and picking up Ami, Octo and Tets at Manchester and Liverpool.

IS THIS SHIT CORRECT? If the possibles are definites I need to know for purposes of booking transport an' shit. I'm looking at a ten-seater ATM so please don't bring your collection of housebricks.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay you big buggering bunch of blue waffles, so far I've got confirmed attendance from:
Me
Ami
Crash
Cthulhu
Joe
Minato
Octo
Tets

Possibles
Lex
S&G
Fangu

With me providing transport from Brum for Joe, Crash, Yop, Minato and picking up Ami, Octo and Tets at Manchester and Liverpool.

IS THIS SHIT CORRECT? If the possibles are definites I need to know for purposes of booking transport an' shit. I'm looking at a ten-seater ATM so please don't bring your collection of housebricks.
Oh god, you all in a vehicle together with Mage driving along, this is going to be so epic. :D I hope you guys have so much fun, goddammit :'( <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Should just record the entire trip. When one person's phone dies, start up the next. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^that'll make it more fun for the police when they have to piece together all the footage to find out whodunnit :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dashcams are a thing :monster:

What about lodgings though? I mean it'd probably be cheapest if everyone brings a tent and shit :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm not opposed to the idea of camping, but I am opposed to not having access to a (private) shower and bathroom. I'm a proper lady you see.

I mean seriously, TLS folks in the wilderness with biru and laughs sounds divine, but being in the extreme floodlands in a tent dangerously close to flood season sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Unless one of the menfolk can make fire.

Of course there is also the option of modern accommodation with crazy things like central heating and/ or actual fires. Why don't we rent a random mansion for the weekend? Bits of cumbria are pretty Tory, I'm sure there are a few mansions around :D

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah can't imagine I'd be able to afford much, obviously that depends on how much it's gonna be though.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Right, I'm way ahead of all of you there - accommodation will be priced between approximately £36 - £150 for two nights depending on how swanky you want it, and availability. There are some pretty swish locations available (some with hot tubs, nudge nudge wink wink), but it all comes at a premium. I was going for somewhere with showers and bunk beds (imaginatively titled 'bunkhouses'). It means we share rooms but have a bed to ourselves.

Lex

Administrator
I stayed at Lake Windemere a couple of years ago in fairly cheap but really clean/ nice apartments. Something like that would be ideal for us all, the only issue I foresee with that specific location is that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. I think there's like one pub within walking distance. But something similar in a more populated area?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
If you can rustle up details of something you've got in mind, by all means post it or PM me dude, I was thinking it might be more viable to move across to Yorkshire since a lot of places in Cumbria demand a minimum three-night stay for the bank holiday weekend.

Lex

Administrator
I'm fine with wherever by the by, doesn't have to be cumbs :D.

But yeah we might have some slight issues with accom since it's a bank holiday weekend. We could all go to Pride in Mancs? :D

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
You're really feeling Pride in Manchester aren't you? :monster: I thought it wasn't a goer?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Manchester is moar conwienient for me, though I was kind of looking forward to some nice country air.

Having said that I'm going up to the lakes this week anyway :monster:

But on the other....third?....fourth?...hand. What is accommodation in manc gonna be like? Cos I don't think I could afford another hotel like the Royal National (which was pretty shite tbh) I'll have a look I guess, but I really don't like the idea of any city-based hostels.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Nah, we're going for off-the-beaten-path-but-with-accessible-pubs type of affair. Not hotels at all, something that can do enclosed group accommodation. Firepit outside with beer is a bonus. Feel free to pitch anything you like the look of too, that goes for everyone BTW, we're all enjoying this or it ain't happening. :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm still fine with Cumbria. I'm in need of some more countryside-ish environments. I live at an intersection so city stuff is stressing me out atm :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't mind where we go. But now I want a hot tub and its Mage's fault for mentioning it.

Top Bottom