UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Man, they are awesome. They get along as well as the ST TNG cast does, haha. I loved those Uncharted 2 discussion interview things where they all got to talk more and shoot the shit and stuff. Obviously the nature of that panel limited that some, but it'd be cool if they did that again for like a collection or something.

It's great just how much they love it, too. I remember I saw some interview with Emily Rose she did for her show on SciFi and she raved about Uncharted completely unprompted, and there wasn't a new one coming out at the time or anything. I thought that was great then.

Fangu

Great Old One

Ugh.

UC4 always felt a bit off to me* storywise and now I know why.

*I'm not saying that just now. I mean it. Cross my heart.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Late to the party here but I have been playing through the entire series and just got to the part with the pirate paintings and got a kick out of this:

uEYhJjz.png

I guess Guybrush Threepwood is now canon to Uncharted :arr:

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Got my wish:headbang:

I am looking forward to be able to play these two games in 4K 60fps on PS5. Been an Uncharted fan since the first game :properhug:Maybe I will just play through all of them once this releases.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Legacy of Thieves Collection coming to PS5 on January 28, 2022. PC relase sometime later on 2022.

Details:

Graphics
  • Fidelity mode: Native 4k at 30fps
  • Performance mode: 60fps. 4K TV players will have 4K upscaled from 1440p, 1080 TV players will experience 1080p super sampled from 1440p with improved anti-alising.
  • Performance+ mode: 1080p at 120fps (requieres compatible 120hz display)
PS5 Features
  • 3D Audio
  • Adaptive Triggers
  • Dualsense Haptic Feedback
Pricing and Upgrades
  • USD $49.99 on both physical and digital
  • If you have either Ucharted 4, Lost Legacy or the digital bundle, you can get the Legacy of Thieves Collection for just USD $10/€10
  • Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions.
  • PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version for the discounted price.
  • PlayStation Plus members who claimed Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the $10/€10 digital PS5 upgrade.
51728813547_009dd31431_h.jpg

Uncharted Movie Ticket Offer

Between now and February 3, 2022 11:59pm PT, players in select countries can purchase or upgrade to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection on PS5 via PlayStation Store and receive a voucher code for one standard ticket to see the Uncharted movie in participating theaters starting from February 2022.. Must be a resident of Australia, New Zealand, UK, or US. Age restrictions apply. Ticket code delivered via email on or around Feb. 9, 2022. Full terms here. Stay tuned for offer availability in additional countries.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
So since I bought The Lost Legacy from PS Store, I can get Legacy of Thieves for $10? Both U4 and TLL PS5 versions? Tell me this is true as it says above and that I am not mistaken.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Important stuff from the FAQ page of Legacy of Thieves.

Q: Does Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection include multiplayer?
A: This release does not support the multiplayer that was included in the original titles. However, we know many of you love this aspect of UNCHARTED and we suggest you continue to access it through the PS4 versions of UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End and UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy.

Q: Does my PS4 save data and trophies previously accumulated transfer to PS5?
A: Yes. Before starting the game, you must have previously transferred a valid UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End or UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy PS4 saved game file to your PS5 using the “Transfer saved data using PlayStation Plus Cloud Storage” method.

1. Launch UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection on the PS5.
  2. Select either UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End or UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy from the menu.
  3. The Story, Options, Extras screen appears (no matter which title you select).
  4. Select Story, Import Game from PS4.
  5. The game will look for save game files transferred using the above method.
  6. Select the save game file that you wish to import from the list of saved games that appears.
  7. Your save game file is imported to PS5.
  8. On the Save screen, select New Game Data to create a save file for UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection.
  9. Continue your adventure from where you left off in the PS4 version.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Tech review of the PS5 version:

• Fidelity mode: 4K30fps. Flawless framerate.
  • Performance mode: 1440p60fps. Flawless framerate
  • Performance Plus mode: 1080p120fps. Drops in a few areas where PS4 Pro also dropped frames. Most sequences do run without a hitch though and are super responsive. This is the recommended mode to play if you own a 120hz TV/screen.

There are graphical changes on PS5 compared to PS4 Pro:
  • Higher LoDs resulting in less pop-in and more detail
  • Some textures seem improved, if subtle.
  • Contrast is higher
  • Overall reduced motion blur
  • All the above applies to all three modes. So no matter which one you pick, you will still get a better image than the PS4 Pro.
A direct linear playthrough on last-gen systems is mostly seamless - data streams in the background as you play, so you won't encounter loading screens outside of pressing continue. However, the faster loading radically improves accessing gameplay from the chapter or encounter selection menus. In one instance, a load takes 48 seconds on PS4 Pro, reducing to 32 seconds when running the same content on PS5 under backwards compatibility. PS5 native? A mere 2.4 seconds. The game simply fades to black then fades back up.

3D audio with headphones is impressive.

Dualsense implementation is a bit disappointing in isolation but going back to the PS4 version you notice the improvement to gun triggers and rumble.

Top Bottom