Video Essays on film and gaming

Lex

Administrator
This guy does some pretty comprehensive docu-things on old developers, and his shit is well researched. His voice is a little weird but get past that and the information is so worth it:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Great vid both due to being from KaptainKristrian and also due to being about really good use of CGI in cinema.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I always think and feel that critics and some fans don't give enough credits to the first two sequels of Pirates of the Caribbean, which in my money are superb, ambitious, well crafted films that are superior in almost every way to the critically aclaimed Curse of the Black Pearl.

I am not good at articulating thoughts in a coherent long wall of text (and if I could, it would probably take lots of months to write them) but the following articles and video are for the most part pretty good explanations as to why I think and feel Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are great:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Sir thats a Documentary. Not a video essay.

Mods. Mods please remove this. Reported.

Jk , love no clip. Got hooked on his Doom documentary and am glad to see someone with Dans talent cover the incredible story behind ARR.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I love that guy's videos (there's others too, watched one on Klingon and shit earlier :monster: ). He knows his shit. Like retroflex consonants and uhh. Other such complicated technical werds :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's a pretty shit way of presenting cool shit though, have to filter through a billion messages to get to the good part. Reddit thrads are better :monster:.

But only slightly because you have to scroll through a few dozen circlejerk comment chains.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think that Jennifer Scheurle‏ is gonna do an actual presentation of sorts about these things, and the Twitter post/feed was just a place for gathering comments. Twitter's a pretty good place to be able to easily check who's posting them, etc. for verification and such, and while it might not be the easiest for consumption, it was too cool not to share. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Didn't find the right place to post this I wanted to put to share this response to a dumb "controversy".

Top Bottom