• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Weekly roundups

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Guys I have dropped the ball in an epic way with these roundups.
You dropped the ball? Then I must have lost the ball completely and sent a team of highly trained assassins to make sure it's never seen again :monster:

I know you're the site director, but I feel a responsibility for getting these roundups online too, and I haven't even posted on TLS in a couple of weeks, so, sorry about that. If you're still planning to do this week's edition, then go ahead, and I'll get back on it next week.

Lex

Administrator
I'm going to do it tomorrow, I'm a bit overwhelmed with various things today and I'm having some trouble focussing so I'd end up doing a half assed job with numerous errors.

And don't worry Flint, we all get busy :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm going to do it tomorrow

The next day --
13L77deaa.png

:awesome:

Lex

Administrator
That's totally fair :D

Imma do it now :D

EDIT: Some context: shit's going down in fam life, I have finals coming up, I have a poster presentation on Tuesday. I'm not actually going to do the poster presentation tbh, I'm thinking about e-mailling my supervisor and stating I'm too stressed to go through with it. I made a kickass poster and that's 70% of the grade so I don't mind taking the hit if it comes down to it.

Anyway yeah, I've pretty much lost any motivation to do anything except stare at FFX. I have literally been taking my Vita with me if I have to leave the house for any reason. It's not because I'm obsessed with FFX (I am, but if it wasn't that it'd be something else anyway), more just in shutdown mode and cba dealing with shit. I'm having to be in the presence of my mother again because I've been taking my dad to the hospital, and that woman is a destroyer of lives.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sorry to hear it, dude. And don't feel obligated. I was just giving you shit because that's what I do (and because it was so easy).

When do you graduate, by the way? I keep thinking you should be done, but I'm clearly getting my dates or math wrong somewhere.

Anyway, keep your head up.

Lex

Administrator
Well I handed in my last ever assignment (which was the poster) 2 weeks ago, everyone was supposed to do theirs on Tuesday but my supervisor had a (in his words) "diary clash" so ours got rescheduled.

I am technically completely finished, all assignments done and dusted, lectures finished 2 weeks ago. Just got final exams to go (they begin on 28th April and end 8th May, 4 in total) and then it's just graduation which is on the 3rd of July (woo). Gives me time to find a job I guess. I got offered a PhD in the lab I did my project in but I'm just not feeling it right now. I guess I'm gonna do a PhD eventually but I've become jaded with the research environment.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What Shademp said.

Sorry to have swooped in like that, Lex. I checked to see if there were any drafts in the works and didn't think about you maybe doing it in Word. Whoops.

Lex

Administrator
Oh don't get me wrong, it was half done and I was slowly plugging away at it. I'm super happy you just went ahead and did it honestly, I was struggling to get through it. There are just an amalgamation of things directly in the road of me doing anything productive right now.

But when you posted that, I gave myself a (mental) kick up the backside. I've emailed my supervisor to tell him I'm not doing the poster and that I need to focus on finals. I'm probably taking a grade hit but I don't care, other shit is more important.

I should be back to normal soon enough (and probably unemployed, so plenty of time to tackle the list of pages I want to finish for the site!).

Lex

Administrator
Tres I just noticed the first article links to the Examiner. To an article written by Shui Ta. Since it's your own words, could you either delete the source or link to someone else, like this one ?

We just can't link to his articles.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Took you long enough to notice. =P The second article does the same.

I stepped in to get the roundup done since you had a lot going on, but there had to be some price for your lateness. XD

I'll change both links now.

Lex

Administrator
I remember you sending me an examiner link last week and I kinda went >_> :desu:

But honestly Shui Ta is a weasel who I want bad things to happen to. I want some big website to write an exposé. It died down for a while but he seems to be back with a vengeance.

Do a search for Mass Effect and this happens:

shui4_zps58e25120.png

shui1_zpsc1d2b043.png

shui3_zps1990ed34.png

shui6_zps59dedc66.png

shui2_zpsb495a83c.png

All on the first page of news results.

I mean it's fucking ridiculous, completely irrelevant news items just to get hits? It's infuriating. Note if you actually look at his articles, he does this about 6 times a day with different popular titles just to rack up the page hits. There has to be a fucking rule against it somewhere. He's notorious for doing it with FFXV.

Note also that there used to be facebook comments embedded below his articles. Every single time people would comment complaining about what he was doing. The removal of the comment section seems to coincide with this recent upsurge in irrelevant news.

This probably gets under my skin more than it should, but I can't help it. It's dishonest and if there's one thing I'm adamant about, it's that we're not giving that bastard anymore page hits.

Lex

Administrator
^I'm used to sites trying to get the best of you the day before then doing a reveal. Must remember to avoid all news sites for the next two days.

Top Bottom