• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Welcome to Silent Hill

D

Deleted member 13557

Aight crackpot theory but since Elijah Wood retweeted the Silent Hill announcement thing with eye emojis I think he’s gonna be their new Norman Reedus. He’s most likely just an excited fan who’s probably getting their hopes up (like me) BUT STILL IT COULD BE SO SICK.

I genuinely think Elijah could nail the role of a Silent Hill protagonist.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13557

Damn, just found that out now. From the ring to some daft digital thing.

No harm in being cautiously optimistic. Their website has a PEGI rating which gives me a bit of hope, unless if we’re getting 18+ NFT’s.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No one should be carrying any hope for Silent Hill whatsoever. :monster:

This could be an announcement for a new wave of collectible skateboards, NFTs or pachinko games.

Unless you've got a kink for corporate disappointment, please don't get excited. It'll just hurt more.

...But if you do have one, no shame! We all have our vices :awesome:

D

Deleted member 13557

Unless you've got a kink for corporate disappointment, please don't get excited. It'll just hurt more.

...But if you do have one, no shame! We all have our vices :awesome:
Thank you Mako it’s nice to know you won’t kink shame me.

Let me dream tho.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Source:

Silent Hill 2 Remake:

-Developed by Bloober Team
- Over the shoulder camera
- Masahiro Ito and Akira Yamaoka return
- The game will be a 12-month long PlayStation 5 Exclusive and also on PC. There is no release date, but the game will be available for wishlisting on the PlayStation Store after the reveal.
- Graphics have been described as "truly next-gen"

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Un-fucking-believable.

They're really doing it.

And I'm cautiously optimistic. Daresay SH is finally... On a comeback??

D

Deleted member 13557

I, quite frankly, will embrace a Konami redemption ark.

This seems like a good first step, no? Let’s fucking go.

D

Deleted member 13557

That was a lot of stuff.

Most excited for the SH2 remake because that’s probably the hardest one to fuck up. Whatever SHF is looks nuts and I’ll definitely see whatever the movie turns out to be. I really hope it’s good, them not mentioning the second SH film was a good call. I actually kinda like the first one.

It’s funny. After all of the waiting I’m left with a feeing of “jeez, finally” rather than much legit excitement? Don’t get me wrong, the second I saw James I popped the fuck off but now I’m just happy we’re finally here.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I liked the part where they introduced Ascension in the vaguest way possible and then played a too long video of people you don't know referring you to another person you don't know, all of them saying essentially the same thing (which is nothing at all) :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
SH2 Remake doesnt look terrible but I loathe the idea of remakes existing when the original games are still inaccessible for majority of people.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I need that Maria statue.

I need that sexy, toxic embodiment of guilt and illness right now.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't tend to watch livestreams so i just wanted the trailers, don't know if there was anything else in the rest of the broadcast. but i will go though each of them and comment because i have mixed feelings

silent hill 2:
it looks nice. but again, how much of that is just modern technology making it easier to achieve this level of graphics than ever before. having ito and yamaoka back is a pleasant surprise (although bloober did already work with yamaoka on the medium). i couldn't hear the voices that well so i can't say much on that but it didn't sound like guy cihi, but i couldn't tell if i was troy baker.

but tbh, i am not feeling the look of james? there's something about his face, his kind of dour puppy-dog look. idk how much was down to the original graphics and at times cheesy performance, but i thought he had a bit of a goofy aspect before and now just looks like a sadsack. idk i will play this and will hate myself, this game is my pyramid head here to punish me

silent hill townfall:
it's modern graphics, i'll give it that. other than that, i don't have much else to say because it didn't give you much to go on and i don't know the developer's previous work. so no opinion so far. although i did like the title bits with the shoreline, it reminds me of evangelion.

silent hill f:
even though my first thought was "silent hill isn't in japan >:( that doesn't make sense" this is actually the one i am most excited about. maybe because i have given up hope of ever seeing another siren game so i need some japanese horror from somewhere. ryukishi is the higurashi guy, i think? and i'm not sure who kera is, but i did like the visuals. even though the trailer didn't tell me much else but i don't expect much from initial trailers. but this has turned out to be my number one of this new batch

return to silent hill:
i do like seeing storyboards, which was lucky for me because that's half this video. i did find it increasing funny as i watched that they just completely neglect to acknowledge the second film lol. if this new one is going to be more like the first then i'm more optimistic, but man are they going all in on sh2 or something. a remake and a new film based on it?

silent hill ascension:
thanks i hate it. seeing the web/text chat and 'can we save her??' i started getting 'online multiplayer' vibes and then when the title at the end said 'face your fears together' or whatever that was it for me. i guess they got jealous of dead by daylight and are going to do their own asymmetrical multiplayer game or something. automatic bottom of my list, not feeling this at all.

i want to feel excitement again, but you've hurt me too much konami. you need to build up trust again before i let you in

edit; how could i forget the traditional japanese style cover of the silent hill theme in the silent hill f trailer

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
There would come a time where a movie adaptation of a video game would excite me more than the source material.

That time has come with the Silent Hill 2 movie/Silent Hill 2 remake :monster:

Top Bottom