What annoys you most as a fan of ff7?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Something that just started annoying me a few minutes ago. I cannot find the ACC Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight in hd anywhere on the web. I can find parts of it in hd, or the whole thing with poor visual and udio quality, but not the whole thing in hd. Any other fight in the whole damn compilation, or all of FF for that matter, I can find in hd, but not the one I actually want to whatch!

I don't suppose anyone knows where I might find it? Aside from the dvd that is.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Try torrent sites. Granted you'll probably have to download the whole movie, but still.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
What annoys me most as a fan? Let's see:

"OMG! REMAKE CONFIRMED!"

"How do you beat Emerald Weapon"

"How do I get Emerald as one of my party"

"How can I revive Aerith!!! YOU MUST BE ABLE TO!"

"Aeris or Aerith?"

"Cloud vs Squall, who would win?"

"I am stuck getting a gold Chocobo...where can I find this Sage dude?"

"I have an alternate Story theory....ok check this out...."

"Why does Cloud act like he does!!!! I am sick of him!"

"Sephiroth is rubbish, Kefka is the real bad ass"

and 100 more :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Honestly, folks, I love Genesis's design. I just think that his use in the stories has been fucking stupid.

Mako said:
Which is just silly. Genesis is not that feminine. Like at all.

Of course not.

Anyway, hello there, Lightni -- holy shit, you're not Lightning! I think.

Let's call a spade a spade, Mako -- dude is totally bish. Only thing that really prevents you from thinking he's a chick at a glance is that he lacks boobs.

Again, this isn't a problem for me, and I quite like his design -- but let's call it what it is. :monster:

Dacon said:
Bullshit. If he had tits and a nice ass to go with that face you'd so be all over him.

I would. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Isn't he a little too thin for you? You should go after Jenova Synthesis :monster:

558830-jenovas_super.jpg

Now THERE'S an ass.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You can make educated guesses, though, for example one could reasonably speculate that Sephiroth would get curbstomped by say, the Sentry or the Demi Fiend.

HOW COULD YOU BRING UP THE FUCKING SENTRY.

HE'S A LIVING DUES EX MACHINA. FUCKING LITERALLY.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
TresDias said:
You do make a good point about JENOVA, though. With that shapeshifting ability, she could be everybody's ideal woman. :awesome:

Only if you don't mind the mind control thing. The wife who wears the pants in the family takes on a whole new meaning, with her. :monster:

I thought Jenova-in-the-tank was pretty, actually. LOOK AT THOSE HIPS

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
I didn't like all the winged folks of CC really. Too many wings...felt more animu....meh

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Characters having wings doesn't really bother me. It's the one-winged deal that bugs me. Whenever I see any of the OWAs, I keep expecting them to fall over from the lack of balance. Just standing there, with that huge appendage on one side, I don't see how they don't even lean to compensate for the weight. Then there's Angeal's wings. I can understand having one of the wings deformed or stunted, but why the F is it on the same side as the other one?! How is this logical?!

And don't even mention flying. :rage:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Characters having wings doesn't really bother me. It's the one-winged deal that bugs me. Whenever I see any of the OWAs, I keep expecting them to fall over from the lack of balance. Just standing there, with that huge appendage on one side, I don't see how they don't even lean to compensate for the weight. Then there's Angeal's wings. I can understand having one of the wings deformed or stunted, but why the F is it on the same side as the other one?! How is this logical?!

magic

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I hate it, absolutely HATE it, when you get into debates over whether Cloud is stronger than Zack, or Sephiroth is tougher than Cloud, and people use game mechanics like hp and whatnot as their arguement.

I've heard people say "I don't think Sephiroth is strong at all. He's only level 50 and only does abot 3000 damage a strike."

I've also seen this "If Zack fought Cloud he would destroy him. Cloud can only have up to 9999 HP, and thats all the damage he can do. Zack has 99999 HP and is capable of doing that much damage a hit."

This would not bug me if they were speaking in terms of who would win in gameplay, but they were using these arguements to debate who was stronger in terms of story and canon. I CALL BULLSHIT!

Lioneh

the cake is a lie.
AKA
Well, just Lioneh usually. Or Ly. Whichever. :)
I didn't like all the winged folks of CC really. Too many wings...felt more animu....meh

Well, by scientific standards, obviously you're going to want to repeat an experiment multiple times to ensure you get better results. This is precisely why Sephiroth is not the only winged character in the compilation. In order to achieve what they did with Sephiroth, there needed to be experiments before him to work out the kinks of the process - see Genesis and Angeal. Hollander in Project G used various methods to create a 'Cetra', but the desired results were not achieved, so Hojo used those mistakes and built off them, thus creating a more successful result - Sephiroth. So in a way, it's quite logical to have more than one character having one wing.

Not having a go at you or anything, just thought I'd try and explain why they did it. c:

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
^^I know :)

I understand the logic behind the wings I just don't like it, that's all. I liked the mythological nod to Sephiroth's name and character in the game itself. Personally though, I felt it then became overused. Although saying that it pissed me off is a bit extreme it irritated me more than anything xD

That's all

and Loxetta lol, you're post is so true xD Although FFVII generally seems to defy physics xD

Last edited:

Lioneh

the cake is a lie.
AKA
Well, just Lioneh usually. Or Ly. Whichever. :)

Well, the whole 'one winged' deal perhaps might be symbolism - you know, of imperfection. Jenova as a calamity causes the appearance of wings in those infused with her cells since birth, and this may be a testimony to how they are tainted with something not of their world - a monster, an alien.

But as for the physics behind it, it is kind of silly how they can just stand like that - but I read somewhere as speculation that maybe their wings aren't made of physical matter, like, maybe spirit energy or something instead. It would explain how they don't seem to notice the weight. It also explains how they can just summon them like that, without seeming to have room underneath their coats/clothes/whatever.

Or maybe the wings are just really light. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I liked the symbolism when it wasn't so in-your-face. I find that Square has a tendency to due this. They have nice, fairly subtle use of symbolism... then in another entry they beat it to death, sometimes making the figurative all too literal. The wings are an example, as is the Buster Sword, and the sea salt ice cream from KH2. The Loveless play was another example (not really a symbol, but in the OG it was a nice, simple nod to My Bloody Valentine).

It doesn't really piss me off either, but I find it a little annoying and sort of poor story telling imo.

Top Bottom