What annoys you most as a fan of ff7?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I still maintain my theory about Cloud being the 4th One Winged Angel :awesome:

Angeal - White wing on the right side
Genesis - Black wing on the left side
Sephiroth - Black Wing on the right side

So we agree there's going to be a 4th OWA. Now, whether it'll be Cloud or not, I admit it's not so clear, but I do think he's going to be the one.

Fangirls and the weeaboo that follows.

( I mean the deranged fangirls- Not female fans, just for clarification.)

I dislike people who insist FF7 ruined Final Fantasy.
I dislike it when its argued FF7 has no flaws and is super perfect as well though. Cant a good game have accepted flaws...?

I dislike FF7 VS FF8 fanboy wars. I've never been in one, nor do I ever intend to after the damage I've seen sheer ignorance create....

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
What annoys me most? Simple.

1. People who only watched AC or ACC and never, ever played the original FFVII and go around calling Cloud “emo”. As I said in another thread, aside from the fact that the overusing of said word makes me want to break something, people are way too quick to use the word “emo” with anyone who doesn’t go around frolicking among flowers and rainbows.

2. People who engage on fight over “who loved who”. As if Cloud was the first man in history whose girlfriend/potential girlfriend died and he ended up with another woman whom he also loved.

3. People who think that Sephiroth is the real hero and that Cloud was the evil guy.

PS: And if they used Gackt as a model is because that way they would sell more in Japan. Gackt is an idol there, after all :awesome:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Not with the exact words, but nicknames and description of what they did when reaching the Nibelheim reactor scene in CC can tell you enough.

I'm a Sephiroth fan, but I can't negate what he turned into and what he did. But for some people, as long as you are pretty you are allowed almost everything.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
I more-or-less agree with Looney. I don't mind the wing thing, but there is a comment in one of the Ultimanias that it was done to symbolise "good & evil." I groaned. My exact words (yes, I talk back to my computer screen) were, "We know what you're doing. Don't say it. That just makes it sound dumb."

As for "Sephiroth being the true hero," I have heard multiple times that "Sephiroth just did what he thought was best for the planet." Not even in the context of "no one really thinks they're evil," as in they literally thought Sephiroth actively sought the planet's welfare & was just misguided about doing so. Fucking fandumb.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
It kind of bothers me how Square-Enix are trying to explain TOO MUCH in FF7 story backgrounds with their spin-offs games, ie Before Crisis, Crisis Core etc.. Not saying they're bad games or anything, bu couldn't they have just let fans interpret for themselves?

This a similar gripe I have with the Kingdom Hearts series, which I say might be going downhill slightly. With Birth By Sleep, 382/2, do we really need to know EVERYTHING about Roxas and his daily life?

Ghost X

I thought FFVII was gritty, like a 1980s action movie. Now its all clean, crisp, and full of pretty boy garbage. I hope with the next sequel, they do another complete redesign of characters, and make it all gritty again.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
The Loveless play was another example (not really a symbol, but in the OG it was a nice, simple nod to My Bloody Valentine).
Has this been confirmed officially? Ever since I played the game I wondered about the name similarity.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Ⓐaron;209741 said:
Has this been confirmed officially? Ever since I played the game I wondered about the name similarity.

It even says My Bloody Valentine right next to it. :awesome:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
How the fsck did I never notice that? I feel like an idiot now.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
I thought FFVII was gritty, like a 1980s action movie. Now its all clean, crisp, and full of pretty boy garbage. I hope with the next sequel, they do another complete redesign of characters, and make it all gritty again.

:manlycloud:

fixed :awesome:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
3. People who think that Sephiroth is the real hero and that Cloud was the evil guy.
I once read a fanfic where it was Cloud who burnt down Nibelheim and killed everyone cos Sephiroth had sex with Tifa. This was so traumatic, everyone believed Sephiroth did it, INCLUDING Sephiroth. :awesome:

And I wish I was making that up.

What annoys me most is people who tell you everything has to be canon, until the canon says something they don't like, in which case the canon is Wrong.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I once read a fanfic where it was Cloud who burnt down Nibelheim and killed everyone cos Sephiroth had sex with Tifa. This was so traumatic, everyone believed Sephiroth did it, INCLUDING Sephiroth. :awesome:

What annoys me most is people who tell you everything has to be canon, until the canon says something they don't like, in which case the canon is Wrong.

Sounded interesating until it mentioned Sephiroth banging Tifa.

I like role reversal fics, but only if they're done right.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It kind of bothers me how Square-Enix are trying to explain TOO MUCH in FF7 story backgrounds with their spin-offs games, ie Before Crisis, Crisis Core etc.. Not saying they're bad games or anything, bu couldn't they have just let fans interpret for themselves?

This a similar gripe I have with the Kingdom Hearts series, which I say might be going downhill slightly. With Birth By Sleep, 382/2, do we really need to know EVERYTHING about Roxas and his daily life?

Well when you start paying S-E royalties everytime you use your imagination and think about something FFVII related, then they'll stop making the spin offs. :awesome:

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral

I hold pretty much the opposite stance. The games are great & all, but aren't there much more important events that we could be seeing? Like Jenova's arrival or the War with Wutai?

With regards to Jenova's revival, though, I don't think I want to see that. Square has shown that they have problems with distant pre/sequels. You look at FFXII & figure out a way it smoothly fits with FFT & I will give you a million dollars. It's pretty much impossible.

You don't know everything about Roxas's daily life. Granted, the plot moves really, really slowly, but there are several days that aren't there. There are even missions that happen when you aren't in control of Roxas.

Depending on how BBS or even KH3 goes, I might be inclined to agree with you, but right now, I think it's too early to tell. Days disappointed me in a lot of ways, but they were putting much more effort into BBS. Besides that, there are a few strong points about Days. The enemies in a Kingdom Hearts game haven't been that good since...ever, for instance.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon

Oh well, I've seen worse ficts. The problem is what you mention in the end, plus the fact that some people take as canon what they read in a fanfict and liked.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Vincent and Shelke is just wrong and you know it!

I like it quite a lot, myself.

And, "realistically" speaking, it makes infinitely more sense than YuffiexVin! Shelke and Vincent are both fucked up, tortured people, so they can relate.

Add on top of it Lucrecia's feelings residing within Shelke and mixing with her own, plus her capacity thereby to remind Vincent of Lucrecia, and you have a late-night "Can I come over?" call waiting to turn into a "You up for IHOP for breakfast?" incident.

Top Bottom