Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Mike TV - Get Together

Lone_Island

Even More Epic member
Paris Hilton : Stars are blind.
I was checking my PC and found it out somewhere abandoned. puffed the dusts away and listened to it several times.

kunoichi

dead
I'm currently listening to the delightful Final Fantasy IX soundtrack (being one of my favourite games in the series.)
Melodies of Life, Messenger of Ruin, Kuja's Theme and vivi's theme are great tracks (well they're all good actually. :moster: )

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Battle of Mice - Bones in the Water

So, after reinstalling iTunes I finally have my music library back :monster: fgj

Battle of Mice are awesome, as is this song. Mostly because it sounds like something completely unusual and rather different. To try and approximate they sound like a screamier Shiny Toy Guns, but with the synthesised effects taken out and replaced with sludgey guitars and nearly GY!BY levels of post rock flourishes.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Dark Angel - Black Prophecies

A lot of people have called this album their masterpiece, and better than Reign in Blood. I don't really see the resemblance between the two, and I like Reign more. That said, it's definitely still a solid old-school thrash album, but Time Does Not Heal is definitely their best record.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Liars - Nothing Is Ever Lost or Can Be Lost My Science Friend

As if the title doesn't give it away Liars is as pretentious as art rock comes. But totally bareable and listenable once you tune into the sound. Easily one of art rock's more accessible acts.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Dark Angel - Older Than Time Instead

Basically halfway in between the sound of Darkness Descends and that of Time Does Not Heal. The intro to this track is fairly reminiscent of Metallica's "For Whom The Bell Tolls"; I assume it was intended as a tribute.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Lagwagon - Mission Unaccomplished

I love it when a band whose sound I can really get into just produces moar and moar of the same good stuff with release after release after release with so minimal changes.

Squall_21

Rookie Adventurer
(Coffee's For Closers)
Fall Out Boy

It's off their new album, I'm trying to learn all the lyrics before their concert.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
^ I enjoy the Throwdown version of that song, simply because it butchers the original with a machete.

Temnozor - As the Autumn Razors Sing Above My Veins

I haven't listened to Temnozor in awhile, which is a gret pity. The vocalist has an incredibly expressive voice that really makes their own brand of folksy black metal stand out.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
I bloody love this woman!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYqYPEXsJU"]YouTube - Lisa Gerrard - Come Tenderness[/ame]

Lisa Gerrard; Come Tenderness (Silver Tree album)
I consider it a "must" for those who like ambient or ethereal music.

firehahahahahaha

fire master
Boston
Let Me Take You Home Tonight
8/10
Last song off their first album, it was the only song on the album that was actually recorded with the entire band, and it's pretty epic and laid back.
:cool:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Änglagård - Kung Bore

This has to be one of the best prog albums of the '90s. I hear rumours that they're back in the studio working on their third album, which is awesome news if true.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Lagwagon - Mission Unaccomplished

Lagwagon's latest EP is so good. It's so refined and really distills everything that makes them great and fun and effortless to listen to. Makes me look forward to Joey Cape's solo album much moar.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Vintersorg - På landet

Folk metal really doesn't get much better than this. Later Vintersorg got a bit more avant-garde and even though I usually love avant-garde stuff I can't get into it as much. I should probably just listen to it more. Anyway Ödemarkens son is a classic.

Top Bottom