What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Swans - Hypogirl

Strange song from a strange band. Soundtracks for the Blind segues through around twelve different musical genres in the course of around 140 minutes, nearly all of which are performed excellently. Clear influence on a lot of post-rock that followed as well; recommended.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Embrace - Spoke

Great raw emotional early emo music, shame Embrace didnt last :(

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
At the Drive-In - Extracurricular

I don't know why I didn't bother listening to this track sooner; it's awesome

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
What Else is There? - Royksopp [Thin White Duke Remix]

Okay this remix is epic, at least in my opinion. Due to having a cold and being terribly cranky and whatnot I've just been listening to really random songs. This song or instrumental really is a complete throwback to the late 80's/early 90's. Fairly decent drum beat, lots of synthesizers, and some random blips and blops and whatever . . . it's nice I guess.

It dumbs me out and keeps me from complaining so that's good. ;)

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
LM.C - Liar Liar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdlxxXSQwCw"]YouTube - LM.C Liar Liar English Sub HQ[/ame]
subbed music video. Watch in HQ

Love this song.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Burzum - Tomhet

nice relaxing song before bed. Varg said he specifically structured his later black metal albums to help facilitate a state of somnolence, and Hvis lyset tar oss, ending with this beautiful ambient piece, is arguably the perfection of the formula. The fact that the whole album is pretty much perfect doesn't hurt matters any, either.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Ahab - Below the Sun

Some of the slowest, heaviest, most crushing doom metal I've listened to. Grim and seemingly endless bleak soundscapes are created across their vast concept album, which tells the tale of Moby Dick and Captain Ahab, in doom metal form. gj.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Edge of Sanity - Incantation

Apparently the nine-track version floating around the intarwebs was from a promo version of the album that was shorter than the original, so I made my own straight from my copy of the CD.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head; Chess OST.

I was very surprised to find that this song is old! :P It's from the '80s, and I just first heard it on the radio a few years ago. While I know that the topic is very suggestive, the USA really needs to get on the ball with importing some things!

firehahahahahaha

fire master
[quote author=Purple link=topic=74.msg9118#msg9118 date=1232199545]
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes - David Bowie
[/quote]
lol I was listening to that earlier

Slaughter
Fly to the Angels
8/10
Their second single, and their most popular ballad. I've always liked the song, and it always gets stuck in your head easily
:cool:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Enslaved - Lifandi liv under hamri

Classic Viking metal. Enslaved never really recorded typical black metal, nor have they recorded a dud in my opinion.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
LM.C - Chemical King Twoon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhVOvU4PW0&feature=related"]YouTube - LM.C - Chemical Kingtwoon [PV][/ame]

Decent song of theirs, off their newest album. Not my favorite song of theirs, but I like it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Magma - Tü Lü Lï ë Üi Dü Wiï

Magma are the inventors of a style of progressive rock called zeuhl, which is generally about as weird as they style typically gets. Their songs are all sung in their constructed language, Kobaïan, and unfortunately no one outside the band knows the entire language, but the basic premise of their songs is derived from a rather ominous vision of Earth's ecological and spiritual future the band's drummer, Christian Vander, had. This is a live recording of a trilogy of related works the group recorded in 2000. It's pretty much my favourite of their recordings, and for the first time I'm able to listen to it in lossless. awesome.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Khanate - Fields

Katy Perry certainly wouldn't have it on her iPod.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Green Carnation - Alone

From The Acoustic Verses. It's rather fascinating to see how differently two artists will interpret the same poem. (Compare to Arcturus' setting on La Masquerade Infernale).

kunoichi

dead
One-Winged Angel - Scala & Kolacny Brothers

onewingedangel250.jpg

Never heard this before and since I was feeling a bit bored (and I guess I wanted to hear what this track was about) I decided to check out who they are and, well if I just quote what I found on the website -
"One-winged Angel" is the sixth album released by the choir which nowadays has about 200 members, all young ladies between 16 and 28. Under the artistic direction of the brothers Steven and Stijn Kolacny, both talented pianists, Scala has sold more than 300,000 CDs worldwide since it was founded ten years ago.

Thanks to their uncommon repertoire of well-known rock and pop songs of Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Björk, Alanis Morissette, Radiohead or Rammstein, Scala & Kolacny Brothers regularly perform for enthusiastic audiences all over Europe.

So I found out that they are a German Choir who do alot of covers and that the track "one-Winged Angel" wasn't bad to listen too (and that I don't think it's got anything to do with seph, but you never know :P , oh and listening to some of the covers they decided to do are just wrong lol.)
Recommended if you like - err, choirs and germans singing wrong cover versions :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Panzerchrist - War in the north

Brutal metal is brutal.

Wilhelm.

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Kumikyoku Nico Nico Douga (Traditional Japanese Instruments ver.)

I can't tell if prefer this or the Live Orchestral remix, TBH.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Shiina Ringo - "Kabukichou no Jyoou"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REcd4DgM1T0"]YouTube - 【PV】 椎名林檎 - 歌舞伎町の女王[/ame]

Scott Murphy - "The Queen of Kabukicho" (English cover :monster: )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c7miCwjkHU"]YouTube - 歌舞伎町の女王[/ame]

Nancysing

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Nancy, Altoangel, DireChimes
Dissidia Final Fantasy - THE MESSENGER by Your Favorite Enemies

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7g4jZgw1Tw"]YouTube - Dissidia Final Fantasy Music - THE MESSENGER (Bonus Track) (with lyrics)[/ame]

I'm also listening to Dissidia Final Fantasy - Cosmos and Dissidia Final Fantasy - Chaos -Last Battle 1-, also by Your Favorite Enemies.
THE MESSENGER pretty much mixes the lyrics of the Cosmos and Chaos tracks.

Top Bottom