What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I need to see that. Jackson also said that working on production for District 9 made him feel like doing another horror comedy, so we might see something along those lines happen soon.

see also edits above.

Listening now to some stuff I wrote several years ago. Not sure if it really holds up on its own merits but it obviously has sentimental attachment to me.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I really hope Peter Jackson wiill be doing shit like Bad Taste and Braindead again. So much more entertaining than his blockbuster films.:monster:

Yeah that Origin track is pretty great too. Though I think I like The Endurance more. 11 minutes of chunky riffs <3

The Mothers of Invention - America Drinks

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Good call on DoF, one of my favorite brutal death metal bands.

Megadeth - Head Crusher

New album is solid, but as I expected this is still the best song off the album.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Twilight of Azrael -- Vesperian Sorrow

Randomly picked it, randomly stumbled on it looking for symphonic black metal. Ooh and this one includes characteristic death grunts whee. I just felt like hearing someone scream bloody murder into the microphone against a backdrop of dreamy speed guitar riffs. Heh. Yeah, pretty old-ish (we're talkin' 1999) kick ass stuff :monster:.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
OOMPH! - Sandmann

Sandmann Sandmann mach die Lichter aus
Die Wahrheit ist grausam
Drum schenk mir einen Traum
Sandmann Sandmann komm zu mir nach Haus
Streu mir Sand in meine Augen und weg mich nie wieder auf

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Sa Bir -- Dir en grey

I'm biased enough to say that their later material always held a special place within my heart since I was a wee 12 year old--an angry wee 12 year old but still . . .

Overall the sound evolved from being lighter and decidedly less um unique (. . . because there really is now way for me to classify them into a genre as a band) and more into a darker band exploring the deepest most controversial depths of humanity. All I have to say is that the Saku-wsque creepiness is apparent in this weird track. It's weird but in a good way what with the creepy whispering vocals of what I assume to be Kyo. His gradual snarls layered against the backdrop of a dark evil industrial sound that's both heavy and makes me think of something ancient and evil and yeah . . .

Dir en grey inspires me to go into long winded rants about how amazing their music is. So yeah if you're into this kind of stuff, check it out. Now. Right now. Do it. :monster:

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
OOMPH! - Gott ist ein Popstar

I'm religious, but I think this song's got a pretty good message. Bangin' chorus too. ;D

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Kasumi -- Dir en grey

Cool but not as bad ass as the songs on their newest album. :awesome:

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Satsugai - Detroit Metal City

Top Bottom