What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
The Beatles - [The Beatles CD1 #13] Rocky Raccoon [3:33]

I can see legitimate cases for Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, and even A Hard Day's Night, but this is still the best Beatles album. On no other album do they demonstrate their mastery of such a wide range of pop idioms.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Beatles - [The Beatles CD2 #11] Cry Baby Cry

I swear I keep noticing new details in the remastered version that I'd never noticed before, and I must've heard all the Beatles' songs dozens of times each (probably hundreds in the case of Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, Revolver, and the White Album). I've listened to the remasters about a dozen times as well but I think I must not have given them the attention they deserved. A lot of modern remasters are shit but they really knocked this one out of the park.

John hated this song, but I still have no idea why. I think it's brilliant.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Residents - [The Third Reich 'n' Roll #01] Swastikas on Parade [17:34]

Sheer genius.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Beatles - [Anthology 3 CD1 #22] What's the New Mary Jane [6:12]

I feel like I need some LSD to properly appreciate this song. Sounds like the mutated bastard offspring of White Album-era Beatles and Syd Barrett.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Residents - [Meet the Residents #05] Consuelo's Departure [0:59]

So apparently there are a number of different versions of this album. I'm going to need to track down the first CD pressing, which is apparently the only version to be unedited and in stereo.

There really isn't anyone else like the Residents. This is just classic.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Insect Warfare - Internet Era Alienation

Because fuck you empty headed or even mentally dead Smartphone obsessed bastard generation.
except the lyrics are about posting crap on a message board. man I should start a Grindcore band myself. Lots of shit to spew about modern society so plenty of inspiration I'd say.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
it's been awhile since I listened to Merzbow. Maybe I'll put something on later today. I never did finish my listen through of the entire Merzbox.

I sort of feel like forming my own grindcore band as well but I don't play guitar, bass, or drums :( I guess I could try to do vocals.

The Residents - [Eskimo #01] The Walrus Hunt [4:02]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I dunno lol, :monster:

The Residents - [Animal Lover #01] On The Way (to Oklahoma) [4:06]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Beatles - [Past Masters Vol. 2 #12] Old Brown Shoe [3:19]

I don't know why the hell I underestimated this song for so long. I should've known better with a girl like you than to underestimate a George Harrison song from the same general time period as "Something", "Here Comes the Sun", "Long, Long, Long", and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". This isn't the only Harrison song from that period I underestimated either.

The problem may have been my not listening to the remastered version of this song (or the other Harrison songs I didn't appreciate) until a couple days ago. Not sure.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Residents - [The Third Reich 'n' Roll #05] Beyond the Valley of a Day in the Life [4:02]

The Rezzies had the idea for Love thirty years before the album came out. And they pretty much did it better, and in four minutes to boot. (Not that Love is uninteresting or an artistic failure, but this is way more radical and avant-garde).

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Body Count - Cop Killer

I know your family's grieviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin FUCK EM

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Bathory - [Blood Fire Death #01] Odens Ride over Nordland [3:01]

This has to be one of the best intros ever.

Top Bottom