What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Flower Travellin' Band - [Satori #01] Satori Part 1 [5:25]

Been neglecting this band far too long. That was stupid of me.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
R.E.M. - [Murmur #08] Sitting Still [3:18]

Alongside Hüsker Dü's Zen Arcade, this album pretty much invented alternative rock. Timeless. Hard to believe it's thirty years old this year.

I have a passion for old fashioned rock'n'roll of the pre-Beatles era. While I was doing the washing up just now I wanted to listen to Dion and the Belmonts' "Wanderer" (my current earworm), and this video came up. 1950s ahoy:

Made me laugh. Love those sexy clean-cut astronauts!

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Todd Rundgren's Utopia - [Todd Rundgren's Utopia #02] Freak Parade [10:28]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Fell in love with this song the first moment I heard it. Love it even more now I've seen the video. What a beautiful tribute to his grandparents. <3

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Tom Waits - [Bone Machine #11] Goin' Out West [3:20]

album is a masterpiece from front to back

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Still as fresh as it was nearly ten years ago.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Akito Nakatsuka - [Zelda II: The Adventure of Link #01] Main Title [2:25]

Underrated soundtrack. Underrated game for that matter. I suspect the fact that Kondo didn't write this one, and the game wasn't that well received, mean that people mostly forget about this game when they think of the music of the Zelda series.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Zelda II's intro is my all-time favorite theme in the series, even more so than Dark World or Hyrule Field. So beautiful and haunting.

I would rank it #2 on the all-time NES theme list. It's that fuckin' good.

Top Bottom