What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That really is amazing.

The Rutles - [Lunch #04] Lonely-Phobia/Now She's Left You (transition) [3:03]

Arguably better than Love. Still probably not as good as The Beatles Play the Residents and the Residents Play the Beatles though.

Honestly, if Innes and Fataar got together with McCartney and Starr to record new music, unsuspecting people who have been living under a rock for the past 33 years would be unable to tell that Lennon and Harrison are dead. Neil Innes sounds so much like John Lennon it's uncanny.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Ihsahn - Invocation

His first is his only solo album I really like. Gonna see him next week on Roadburn, but I don't have high expectations tbh.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Weekend Nachos - Worthless words

fuck yeah This comp kills fascists.... I wonder if a third volume will be done.

Lex

Administrator
VAST [Touched]

Lovely song.

I really wish I could see them play live.

I LOVE this song so much. It's one of those obscure ones that I thought no one else ever heard :monster:

I got it from watching Angel back when that was on, it was used in one of the promotional adverts.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That whole album is pretty damn good. Never did get into any of the group's other albums though.

Frank Zappa - [Läther CD3 #01] Filthy Habits [7:12]

Zelda II's intro is my all-time favorite theme in the series, even more so than Dark World or Hyrule Field. So beautiful and haunting.

I would rank it #2 on the all-time NES theme list. It's that fuckin' good.

Out of curiosity: What was your #1?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Out of curiosity: What was your #1?

Metroid is my favorite NES soundtrack. (Although of course there are dozens with comparable quality.)

Might as well put it in context. Here's my top 10 themes, subject to change based on my mood (game intro unless otherwise stated):

1) Metroid
2) Zelda II
3) Double Dragon
4) Legend of Zelda
5) Metal Gear (Jungle Theme, more or less the default)
6) Ninja Gaiden
7) Megaman II
8) Punch Out (Fight Theme)
9) Blaster Master (Forest Theme)
10) Battletoads

Honorable Mention) Final Fantasy. Would be higher if there weren't a thousand better renditions of Prelude.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Nice list :monster: And yeah, all the music from the Metroid series I've heard has been great, despite the fact that there hasn't been a consistent composer for all the games.

The Residents - [Meet The Residents #01] Boots [0:54]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
VAST - [Visual Audio Sensory Theater #01] Here [4:57]

Yeah, kind of forgot how great this album is. Feel stupid about that now.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
^Quite true.

Defeated Sanity - [Prelude to the Tragedy #01] Liquifying Cerebral Hemispheres [4:12]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Funeral Mist - [Salvation #10] In Manus Tuas [12:27]

Alongside S.V.E.S.T. and Deathspell Omega, Funeral Mist is probably the best "orthodox black metal" band.

Top Bottom