What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Burning Witch - [Rift.Canyon.Dreams #04] Communion [9:26]

I had to skip this vinyl box due to lack of funds at the time (it was $100 or something). Someone finally ripped it and it sounds glorious but unfortunately the levels between tracks are inconsistent which is highly annoying (ReplayGain helps somewhat but not entirely). It's only a 16-bit rip too so I'd feel weird adjusting them myself.

At least I own this on CD. The CDs are horribly compressed though.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Dark Angel - [Darkness Descends #08] Merciless Death (live) [3:44]

I'm sure there is some underground thrash this good that I missed (I know the obvious ones like Pleasure to Kill etc.) If you have recommendations I want them.

Darkness Descends is pretty much somewhere on top of any Thrash list, so yeah. But if you get a kick out of brutal Thrash, here's some essential stuff:

Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence and Epidemic Of Violence
Sadus - D.T.P. Demo, Chemical Exposure/Illusions and Swallowed In Black
Razor - Evil Invaders, Violent Restitution, Shotgun Justice and Open Hostility
Sacrifice - Torment In Fire, Soldiers Of Misfortune and Forward To Termination
Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican
Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death
Infernal Majesty - None Shall Defy (Hell Awaits era Slayer out-eviled)
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare (vocals may be a little hard to get used to)

Lesser essential but cool:
Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Blessed Death - Kill Or Be Killed
Znowhite - Acto Of God

Great new bands:
Nekromantheon - The Divinity Of Death and Rise, Vulcan Spctre
Deathhammer - Onward To The Pits

All out of top of my head, though.

Faust - Why Don't You Eat Carrots?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
thanks for the recommendations Jochim

Dark Angel - [Leave Scars #01] The Death of Innocence [3:48]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

My new favourite song.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Dark Angel - [Darkness Descends #08] Merciless Death (live) [3:44]

I'm sure there is some underground thrash this good that I missed (I know the obvious ones like Pleasure to Kill etc.) If you have recommendations I want them.

Pretty much everything that Soulreaper recommended is the pinnacle of the genre and what I would have said. Eternal Nightmare is the best thrash metal album of all time, imo.

Here's some more pretty cool thrash albums, some you may know of some you may not know.

Kings-Evil - Deletion of Humanoise
Artillery - By Inheritance, When Death Comes (The former I'm sure you're aware of, the latter might be the best comeback album in the entire genre.)
Heathen - Victims of Deception, Evolution of Chaos (Lee Altus is a pretty spiffy guitarist, even if he did rip off Artillery and Satan a little on his new album.)
Destruction - The Antichrist (Everyone knows their early work, but this is a great post-2000 release.)
Xentrix - Total ..And Justice for All era Metallica clones, but I like 'em anyway.
Hobbs Angel of Death - Haven't listened to that album in a while but I remember liking it. It's a bit of a cult classic.

I'm guessing you're familiar with bands like Toxik and Watchtower. If not be sure to check 'em out.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Knew Watchtower, wasn't familiar with most/all of the others. Thanks.

Enslaved - [Frost #06] Jotunblod [4:07]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Conan - Altar Of Grief

The production is insane. Where they first had the potential to rattle your bones, they now simply crush them.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - [Peel Session] Hung Over as the Queen in Maida Vale [18:17]

this is better than your favourite band (unless your favourite band is Godspeed of course)

Dionysus

Aglaophotis
Teardrop by Massive Attack

Holy hell, someone knows of Massive Attack. I learned about them through Luther. Lol...

Anyways. Right now, I'm listening to Risk by Deftones.

"I'll find a way,
I'm confused, but,
I think I can try.
I will save, your life,
I will save, your life,
I'll try,
For you."

Top Bottom