What are you listening to?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Aphex Twin - Syro U473t8+e (Piezoluminescence Mix)

I may have ordered the LP last night, but I don't even own a record player. May have been drunk, o_O.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
PoiL - [L'ire des papes #01] Le vilain mandarin [9:11]

This is one of the weirder things I've listened to this year. I like it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Giles Corey - I’m Going to Do It

Thanks for this completely random recommendation I can't remember when anymore Aaron, it's completely different from most the other crap in my library but I like it, :monster:. Is there any more like this? Same artist, similar artists, that kinda deal?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Well he has some other stuff under the Giles Corey name, though it's different-ish. I don't know how to describe the difference; you'll have to listen for yourself. He also has another project called Have a Nice Life which is also good, though not as weird. I was told that it's somewhat reminiscent of a group called the Microphones but I've yet to listen to them.

Also no problem :monster:

PoiL - [Dins o Cuol #02] Trouille cosmique [9:58]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I probably uploaded them together :monster:

Sebkha-Chott - [De l'existence de la mythologie chottienne en 7 cycles #02] Pour le Comte del Amafia [6:16]

More weird French prog. PoiL reminded me of these guys so I decided to listen to them next :monster:

Bandcamp

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Brilliant stuff to listen to while writing.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sebkha-Chott - [Nigla[h] - Tapisseries Fines en XXX Strips et LXX/X Trompettes #05] History Aleas Diktat Was [6:58]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Henry Cow - [Western Culture #01] Industry [6:57]

They'll be playing some of Lindsay Cooper's compositions later this month as a tribute. Too bad I have no way of getting to Europe. Especially since they'll probably never perform live again after this.

Western Culture is easily every bit as intense as any metal album recorded this year.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Univers Zero - [Heresie #01] La Faulx [25:19]

I think this is the heaviest album I've ever heard, which is intriguing because there are more bassoon and violin on this album than guitar. The only thing that might be heavier is some of Swans' early material.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Nahh Ceux Du Dehors is heavier. My fav UZ album, too.

PoiL - Dins o Klitt

The vinyl looks totally awesome, 'lyrics' even included.Also their thank you card is hilarious.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Nahh Ceux Du Dehors is heavier. My fav UZ album, too.

In terms of instrumentation maybe but Heresie is bar none the most oppressive album I think I've ever heard.

Soft Machine - [Third #01] Facelift [18:45]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
You haven't heard much, then. Hell Sunn O))) or Conan in a live setting, is faaaaaar more oppressing than Univers Zero, who are more in the field of unsettling you. At least that's my point of view.

Deicide - Dead By Dawn

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
"Oppressive" might not be the word I was looking for but there's something utterly superlative about that album. Then again I haven't seen those bands live so I can't speak to your comparisons.

Trampled by Turtles - [Stars and Satellites #06] Widower's Heart [5:33]

I need to listen to more bluegrass.

I happened to hear the Travelling Wilbury's "Handle Me with Care" on the radio and now I can't get it out of my head.

Here it is so you can have the same pleasure:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Fates Warning - Exodus

Awaken The Guardian is basically the best Prog Metal album ever. Dream Theater or Symphony X or Queensryche or whatever the big shots are supposed to be, Old Fates SHITS on them.

Top Bottom