What games are you currently playing?

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm playing the Mass Effect trilogy, currently on the first. I say I'm playing the whole trilogy because I will. After a slightly confusing start bc of lack of good tutorials imo (I don't google anything, I find experiencing the game without knowing anything a lot more refreshing) I am now getting into the different classes, jobs or what you would call them. The battle system is nice - usually I don't like being able to pause battle sequences to think, but being able to change weapons and forcing actions on your squad members is nice. I like the freedom of options and customizing. I don't like the lack of options for my femshep though - I don't like Kaiden >_> He was sorta coming on to me and I was like EW GO AWAY

... and then her talk with Liara went really smooth so I think Jane might be bi. lol.

Anyway I got past some parts that are said to be hard, and I never would have if I didn't have experience with Uncharted. Also the whole space thing is love - I get Battlestar Galactica 2003 vibes which is nothing but good.

I'm happy with my purchase, thanks Lex!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The main thing that put me off at first with ME1 was the tl;dr bit in the Citadel, where you're apparently supposed to roam around for hours and talk to ALL THE PEOPLE. Which is dull, :awesome:. Didn't mind the shooty bits, but could never get into any of the other options available (tech and er, psychopathy or something). Should get ME 2 / 3 because supposedly they're better.

Played a bit of Skyrim lately (Eve was offline / ddosed, lolol :awesome: ). Got Dragonrend, so finally, some progress. I think the main thing that put me off with Skyrim and eventually caused me to stop playing is the quest-grinding; you venture forth to do thine epic duties, achieve the goals after walking for an hour and solving puzzles and whatnot, and then... "You made it, now here, go do something else". Maybe it's because the quests miss a good "You have achieved your goals" ending, with a reward of some kind or another besides a bag full of loot and dragon bits instead of just a 'completed' notch in your journal as most quests end.

Also said hi to Sheogorath. Delightful fellow, that, :awesome:.

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Yeah the Citadel part was a bit of a break from the action stuff. I liked it :P What bothers me the most about the game is that you need to save a lot, however that's not as bad as the loading time - and how they've put one, two or even three cutscenes right in front of a boss battle. There was this one battle I needed 10 or 15 tries to get, and waiting for the load screen and the cutscene took forever. Then the next battle was load screen + a cutscene, an elevator ride and ANOTHER cutscene, but I did that battle on my 3rd try, plus I was already used to the fact that in order to play ME1, you need time. :P

It took some time for me to get into it and there's still some stuff I need to read up on and just try out to get better at, but I got the basics down now I think.

I'm very pleased with it though. It's very thorough. If ME2/3 is even better I understand why the games have so many fans.

I'm playing Ni No Kuni, and I'm quite enjoying it because I love Level 5 (I like the Dragon Quest series) - but I know you mean, Castiel - there's something just too sugary about it. I guess it's really designed for children. I prefer my games darker and more morally ambiguous. That said, I'm not very far into it. Maybe it will surprise me. The landscapes and towns are truly gorgeous, though. The script is good, too. I don't like Drippy's character design - why the hell has he got a lantern nose ring? - and Old Father Oak looks like a duck. The Forest Guardian was cool - reminded me of Princess Mononoke.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
^ Drippy's one of my favourite sidekicks in a game in a very long time. It gets better, keep at it!

I've got an itch to try The Swapper after reading the IGN review. It's a 2d platform game that supposedly has very addicting and challenging puzzles.

Lex

Administrator
Has anyone else played Ico? I think I've heard a few people on this board say they have.

I feel the need to rant about how fucking awkward it is. You'd think they'd fine tune their control system for the HD re-release, but NOOOOO. If there's one thing the current generation of games got right, it's responsive controls.

Also I hate Yorda. JUST CLIMB THE FUCKING LADDER YORDA, DO I HAVE TO DRAG YOU EVERYWHERE!?

And can I have a moment to rant about the fact that the last save point is literally 30 minutes away from the end of the game? And there's a massive gauntlet of platforming to do in which I keep dying? Just uiuuuuuuuuurgghghgh.

Other than that, it's quite a unique experience. Interesting, and worth the play.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Finished Hitman Absolution!

And I think I got a good ending on the first go.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

OK, from a gaming perspective I see why it opens with a jetpack descent, but... the background DEMANDS a Drop Pod Assault. :awesome:

Also, while there are a few mixed sex regiments of Imperial Guard, they wouldn't be all male apart from one 2nd Lieutenant.

Other than those qualms, enjoying it. Apart from the fact there's one point in the Ork Rok where I keep dying!
I miss the days of Pokémon Gold. When I had it and there were a semi-catchable number of Pokémon :monster:
Crystal FTW. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
The Last of Us.

Got the Ellie Edition pre-order through the post today and started playing it after work. Really enjoying it so far. This has to be my favourite part thus far:

"Oh shit, you're going in there?"
"I'm going to see what I can find."
"My body when I have a heart attack!"

Great game so far and I've only died about four times so far, which is actually amazing for me. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Shut myself in my room minus the computer (typing at work atm) last night so I wouldn't get distracted by all my PC games so I can study for my upcoming semester exam

WHAT DO I DO

TURN ON THE XBOX AND START PLAYING DRAGONS DOGMA GOD DAMNIT

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Still on Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. I really think Normal was supposed to be hardest difficulty, which is why Easy was selected by default. Takes me many times, roughly an hour and a half to finish each level.

I want to hurry up and finish it so I can send it back and play Bayonetta or Last of Us. D:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've gone back to the first Mass Effect. Just finished my Hardcore playthrough and now I'm on my Insanity one. This game will be platinumed in the next few days, damn it!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Do share a lulzy character build. :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Xenogears

Discovering this 15-year old classic now for the first time. :monster:

I like the battle system with combos and everything and the fact you can jump into humongous mecha during the fights. :awesome:

The mech design is nothing too special though. I've been spoiled by Yoji Shinkawa designs. :p

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Stupid PS3 dying after I was about 30 hours into Xenogears, killing my motivation to restart :(

Finally made some legitimate progress in Baldur's Gate 2 and starting to get a hang of the gameplay.
Also finally started my Hard playthrough of Uncharted 3, another casualty of the old ps3.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think I'm actually stuck at Xenogears now. So far it has been easy but now there's a complete bullshit bossfight with three fights in a row. Got no way to get out of that area and no way to grind for levels either. What the fuck?!
I should've kept multiple save files...

AvecAloes

Donator
Just started Bastion today - I'm really liking it so far! I love the narration, the music, the artwork...though it makes me sad every time he comes across the ashen remains of people... :(

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I've finally got around to playing through The Last of Us with a friend.

Jesus christ this game. It's like crack and I don't want it to end.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Been playing the FFXIV beta after Marcus managed to point me in the right direction to get a beta key. Pretty impressed so far and may be getting slowly addicted.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
@Megaman, Same with me. It's unusual for a game to fully captivate, but this one does.

I'm also playing Assassins Creed III and The Withcer 2. Both have got great stories.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Beat VC2.

And now they drop all my backlogged VC1 characters on me, so I guess that's how it happens. Because I thought my game was broke.

I really want VC3 now.

Top Bottom