What games are you currently playing?

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Thought I'll start playing The Witcher 2 again since the last go I strayed in the middle of the game. Maybe it was due to getting another game at the time. PLus my graphics card was sort of crap.
I've just beaten Shadars' second appearance in Ni no Kuni, btw...This game goes on forever!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wow...that exactly describes my scenario regarding Witcher 2. I'd like to give it another try again as well one of these days.

Not sure which game on my backlog to attack next though. gog.com had a crazy sale the other day and I got Baldur's Gate 2 finally, since everyone raves about it so, so there's another entry to that long list :sigh:

I'm playing FFV, and when The Hero first appeared with his loyal chocobo, I didn't know it was him and I wasn't prompted to name him "Bartz" or "Butz", so I thought he was just some random extra party member and I named him Clive.

Lex

Administrator
So finally got into Tomb Raider. I have plenty of dem opinions but I'l save them for the Tomb Raider thread. It's pretty good. I'm not screaming for joy at it but I don't want to stop playing it, so that's something.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Well tonight finish Alpha Protocol and Paper Mario Sticker Star.

So guess Zelda is next on 3ds. Not sure what will be next on my Steam list.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Finally started the King Washington DLC for ACIII. It's intriguing so far to see a different world where Connor never played any part of the main storyline. There are two episodes so far to get through, but I'm liking it. There are far more enemies and it's showing how rusty I am!

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
I've been playing Multiplayer. My character is a clavat named Cloud(who I gave blond hair) and I've gotten to the crystal temple.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I just beat the crap out of Miraak in Dragonborn. He wasn't too tough, but his Lurker and Seeker friends were just evil.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Zelda on 3d. I am really shocked (in a good way) about how much it has improved over the original N64 version. I expected it to be a straight port (like the Gamecube version), but it is enhanced. The controls are less awkward, the graphics look better. Wondering if the MGS3 is like this...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Was playing my FF4 game in the Complete Collection last night. Went through the Lunar Subterrane, pretty much just have Zeromus left. I'm kind of on the low end of the level scale, but I think I'll be okay.
i really love the graphics in this release.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Put about 2-3 hours into Bioshock Infinite. Hasn't quite grabbed my attention like Tomb Raider did, but I'm enjoying the atmosphere so far.

Hard difficulty is fucking nuts though. Talk about catching me off balance.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm enjoying Infinite a lot more than I did Tomb Raider, Infinite is a better game than Tomb Raider.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Since my goddamn internet is being a bitch and won't let me play Uncharted 3 online, I'm stuck with the final episode of the King Washington DLC for Assassin's Creed III. Interesting so far, but I do love a good climax.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well I just started FFT: War of the Lions, also got Vagrant Story laying in waiting and I'm way into Game of Thrones Ascent.

Gotta say, I feel the original translation of FFT was better. "Don't blame me, blame yourself or God" and "Surrender or die in obscurity" were better lines for starters.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Eh, there maybe individual lines here and there (and I prefer Algus to Argath), but on the whole I think new translation is positively brilliant.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Eh, there maybe individual lines here and there (and I prefer Algus to Argath), but on the whole I think new translation is positively brilliant.

Certain explanations of why you're going here and there are better and the dialogue at the showdown at the Execution Site is a lot better. Gaffgarion and Ramza weren't making much sense in the original. Also, the arranging of the titles of Princes, Dukes and Lords is clearer.

On the other hand I liked the idea that Agrias actually used a password exchange to get into Lionel better then a generic plea for help though.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Playing Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. Just had this nagging feeling in the back of my head to get the online trophies done because the servers may no longer exist one day. I have approximately 23 matches to go to get the 100 matches played trophy.

Yaaay.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah I'm getting back into War of the Lions concurrently along with Bioshock Infinite. Infinite is one of those games I'm actively limiting my time playing; the pacing feels slow and often quite disjointed, the dialogue seems incredibly prosaic (excepting Booker and Elizabeth, I guess), not to mention always partly cryptic and quite obviously foreshadowing things in order to be clever later on.

I love Bioshock Infinite, but despite all the okay action and the brilliant setting the game feels like a marathon to play through. I'm sure there's something quite profound within the story, but a couple of hours in I've yet to feel it. Elizabeth is probably the best thing about the game so far; she has all the animation and personality of a Pixar character (cartooned expression does wonders for the aesthetic). I don't care much for Booker. (And yeah, I know the twist. I'm wondering how well they execute it. Opinions seem to vary on the Internet about that aspect.)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I have completed my War of Lions playthrough.Don't have a problem with the script anymore, they stopped going quite so far with the Ye Olde English in Chapter 3 onward. I'm happy with how the ending turned out (they had me worried for a minute there).

Most used characters: Ramza (Brawler Ninja and after that a final stint as Dualwielding Knight)
Noes (Summoner/any mage job): the ONLY random character the game gave in the first battle that I kept and continued using throughout the game.
Kasumi & Sofia (myriad physical jobs): My own characters that added to the party at Gariland. I tried too many different things with Kasumi, only really got close to Mastering Dancer, Sofia stayed on my A-team a little longer cause she unlocked the Ninja job first but soon they had to get benched in favor off;
Balthier, Construct 8 & T.G. Cid: Best characters in the game that you don't have to do anything special with.

Beowulf could also be very good, just didn't invest time to get him the few abilities he needed to oust Mustadio/Noes as designated healer of my A-team cause i was busy leveling Cloud.

I'm actually happy they gave us Cloud at level 1. Gives you a project to focus on in all those random battles you must have gotten tired off by the time you get him. I got him too level 22 in the end, even dared the deploying him in a few bossfights and proved to be useful. The Materia Blade sucking so hard is a bigger problem then his low level honestly.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I'm dabbling in a spot of minecraft from time to time, other than that I am playing Ratchet and Clank 2 for all of the trophies. You know trophy whore and what not :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
My current War of the Lions Party:

Chemist Agrias (It doesn't matter what class she's in because with the proper sword she does a bajillion damage anyway and I'm grooming her for the Dark Knight class :awesome:
... and other people meh
:monster:

Top Bottom