What games are you currently playing?

Ghost X

I was playing the default FreeCell card game that comes with Windows n' such, like I sometimes do, but for the first time ever that I recall, it glitched on me. The game broke :(. Has anyone experienced such a phenomenon?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure

Why did I buy this game? I have no rhythm. T.T Other than that, though... it's fun. If you have rhythm, timing and a 3DS, you should check it out. While I fail spot checks.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Gonna give the Diablo 3 beta a try. It's probably WoW from an isometric perspective though, :monster:.
It is, but minus the "Kill-X-amount-of-Y". Diablo is all about the players, the big-ass bosses, and phat lewts in between. No pussy-footing around the issue. :monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I would cross out the bosses as they're just a means to more loot.

Diablo's all about loot and expressing hostility.

I'm gonna try the beta. Been playing too much ME3 anyway.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It is, but minus the "Kill-X-amount-of-Y". Diablo is all about the players, the big-ass bosses, and phat lewts in between. No pussy-footing around the issue. :monster:

Well yeah, quests so far include "Go there and get that item / talk to that person", :monster:. But I kinda like it, it's very playable. So far a bit repetitive, but eh. I finished the beta yesterday, might try another character today for the heck of it.

And currently downloading the Tera public beta, which is also going on atm :monster:. I'll see if they can live up to their promise. I like the not too serious tone of the website's texts though, :monster:.

AvecAloes

Donator
So in addition to my game of FFV, Force and I started a game of FFVI, the anthology version. You can have two players during the battles, which is rad as hell. Right now we only have three people in our party (Edgar, Locke, and Terra) as we're only what, a half hour in? but I'm really looking forward to getting a fourth character and seeing how this goes. I also hope we get to finish the game before the semester ends, as I haven't actually finished VI before (got to the final dungeon and realized that more than half of my characters were under leveled which of course spells doom). So yes, I am very excited about this ^_^

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Vagrant Story. I didn't actually play this until a couple of years ago, despite the game's age. I am not certain of who recommended it to me, but it was definitely someone on FCF and I think it was Vagrant--which would make sense, as it would obviously explain his name and I remember sharing many conversations with him in the shoutbox. I'm actually kind of disappointed that he isn't here any more, as a significant portion of the reason behind my return was my desire to talk to him again.

Anyway, this game's battle system and the challenge it presents will always keep me coming back for more--when the mood for RPGs takes me. I'm not really much of a gamer, but every now and then I go on a spontaneous binge, playing through my favourites a few times and seeking out hidden gems that I overlooked years ago.

Something nice about going back and playing older games is that I can play all the games that weren't released in the US or Europe properly, now that emulators don't crash too often and now that the language patches are, in most cases, completed or approaching completion.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Why did I buy this game? I have no rhythm. T.T Other than that, though... it's fun. If you have rhythm, timing and a 3DS, you should check it out. While I fail spot checks.
Finally hitting the groove... about 40% of the time. Which is enough to get through the game. Just.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
NRUJV.png

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
FUCKIN LOVE SKIFREE

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Venus Wars for the NES. Based on a manga that was later adapted into a film; both are worth checking out.

Lex

Administrator
I just played through Final Fantasy VIII (and streamed most of it here). Now I'm playing Final Fantasy IX (and will be streaming most of it here).

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Im playing a pokemon ruby hack, its called Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians.

It started off pretty interesting and had its own plot going pretty strong, has a strong line up of pokemon to catch. The map has been completely redone, new characters, new gyms , ect and some new original pokemon.

So everything should be awesome right? Wrong.
The guy who made this game totally shot himself in the foot by essentially riddling the entire game with back and forth fetch quests to progress in the story.

To get to the first gym, you go from your starter city, to the gym city, then to the city after the gym city, then back to the gym city. Then you can fight the gym leader.
Then guess what. You get your badge "confiscated" for fighting a leader without a pokedex. So you have to go to some academy. Get a pokedex, then it gets attacked, and you go through a cave, then end up in the third city thats right after the first gym city. BUT you have to go back to your starter city to get permission from your mom to continue your journey, then you can go back to the first gym city and have to fight the gym all over again.

Fun.

FF 13-2

The menu system spoiling every new area pisses me off but other than that it's been fun. I think I prefer FF13's crystraium/party system though. If I have to choose between a little customization, or a massive, overwhelming amount, I'll take the first option.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

Something seems to be wrong with my 3DS' tilt control, so I'm currently stuck. =/

Pokemon White

Gone back to it, cos I still need to defeat all the gyms... :whistle:

Top Bottom