What games are you currently playing?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Say what you will about DA's combat, but "uninspired" it is not. Sure it takes some inspiration from past Bioware and D&D titles, but it goes a long way to refining those systems and giving the player quite a bit of freedom on the battlefield, to where it's a bit like chess, with you having to move your pieces on the board properly and precisely to get the advantage. That's like saying all FF games are uninspired because they all spring from the ATB system but modified and evolved from game to game.

The game gives you a bevy of options, and even though characters have their own classes and specs when you get them, you don't have to keep them that way. DA pretty much has the closest thing to a free form battle system in a WRPG, and it lets you form your own battle strategies, techniques, and skills for conquering foes.

Of course you wouldn't bother to do all these things by playing on pussy ass piss easy(there's a lot of shit you can exploit on easy). Oh, pausing every 3 seconds bothers you? FF has been doing that for years, just because the goddamn game continues to display animations, doesn't mean it doesn't pause during combat to let you choose your commands, and enemies don't attack until your turn is over. Shit FFX did this heavily. Like you say, you don't even have to pause the game to give commands, you can do them in realtime on normal and hard, with hotkeys. The only difference is in DA YOU get to choose when. Sure there's exploits in the game, but DERP pretty much all RPGs do, that doesn't make them any less great for what they do achieve.

Uninspired my happy black ass. If you didn't like it, that's cool, but save the lame assertions meant to justify your distaste of the system. Yes, I'm going to stick with that until you prove to me otherwise, because that's exactly what that seems like.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I just threw the glove, accept the challenge faggot.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

Campaign mode, and my Necrons are assaulting the NPC Imperial Guard stronghold. If I can defeat them, they're out of the campaign. But there's the small matter of their artillery batteries...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON METAL GEAR SOLID 4 ((and my friends PS3.. >>)). MUAHAHA I HAVE TO AVOID THE SPOILERS NO LONGER.

It's kind of lame so far though. T^T

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It gets worse. Last 3 acts progressively turn to shit, save a bit of nice nostalgia.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

Wiped the Guardsman out! Also, defended one of my provinces from a Chaos assault. Warp worshipping SCUM.

And once I get home, Pokemon Soul Silver. :awesome: Tone difference, much?

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Tetris...like I do every single day in Stats class. Calculator games ftw man.

Also though, I got Dissidia last week (finally) and I would have been done, but I don't have a memory stick and I accidently unplugged the charger. FML.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Dawn of War Dark Crusade - my Necrons are storming the stronghold of the "warp crazed worshippers of Chaos". OK, not very fast storming admittedly...

Soul Silver - getting ready to take on the first Gym Leader.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

Fuck yeah. You know a sequel / expansion is win when the first level is twice as awesome and epic as the last level of the original.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
FFI & FFII on the iphone. Im really impressed with the whole presentation of both games. There is no excuse for square not to make BC into an app.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Combat Arms.

It's like Condition Zero, only slightly better, with more guns and online.
Fuck I don't even know why I'm playing it, I should have gotten over it years ago ;-;

Pokemon: Crystal Version
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Pokemon Stadium 2

Actually, I have 2 different versions of Crystal, and I'm playing them both. I'm using Pokemon Stadium 2 to play them, as I can't find my GB color I got a while back.

I just purchased DoC 2 weeks ago, and started playing it last Saturday, and I've beaten it twice, both on Normal, one with rank A and the other with S.

The Zelda game's just for something extra to do.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Pokemon: Crystal Version
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Pokemon Stadium 2

Actually, I have 2 different versions of Crystal, and I'm playing them both. I'm using Pokemon Stadium 2 to play them, as I can't find my GB color I got a while back.

I just purchased DoC 2 weeks ago, and started playing it last Saturday, and I've beaten it twice, both on Normal, one with rank A and the other with S.

The Zelda game's just for something extra to do.
AWESOME games all round (with maybe Dirge the only weak link).

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - don't get me started on Hakumen. Cheap SOB... Otherwise, having a great time. Taokaka FTW. :3

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Hakumen is still a cheap bastard. I am still losing several hours a night. Noel Vermillion is sweet.

Carnage

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Andrew.
Working on Final Fantasy VI. FINALLY got control of the airship. Game is fucking amazing. Way better than that garbage I was playing earlier, FF4DS. Seriously, FF4DS came out fourteen years after this game, and yet I'm not presented with the option to choose my party members?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Dragon Age: Origins. Trying to decide which party members I want to take to fight the archdemon early on so that I can get their skills up, but I'm really wondering if I should bring Leilana or if I would want to bring Zev instead. :\

Lawliet

Nothing but a Beast
AKA
Derek, Haywire, faggot-not-scott-L
Working on Final Fantasy VI. FINALLY got control of the airship. Game is fucking amazing. Way better than that garbage I was playing earlier, FF4DS. Seriously, FF4DS came out fourteen years after this game, and yet I'm not presented with the option to choose my party members?

It can't be helped, FFVI was too epic for its time :monster:

Tales of Vesperia

replaying on Unknown Mode and trying to get all the achievements this time in one fell swoop. It will be fun finally being able to use all my skills since their costs will be reduced to 1 <_<

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Bayonetta

I can't figure out how to do those dotted combo (like 'kick-kick-dot-kick', etc.) right :sadpanda:
Iirc, the dot means "brief pause".

Tales of Vesperia

replaying on Unknown Mode and trying to get all the achievements this time in one fell swoop. It will be fun finally being able to use all my skills since their costs will be reduced to 1 <_<
You have goo taste.

Currently playing FFXIII, with L4D1 rotations when I can't grind anymore.

On pause for XIII: Tales of Vesperia; Lost Odyssey, which was paused for Tales; and Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which was paused for...Lost Odyssey :oscar:

Haven't started yet: Resonance of Fate. Which I'm told is amazeballs.

Top Bottom