What games are you currently playing?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Black Ops 2, picked it up the other day and its actually the first CoD game I have ever owned or plan to play extensively xD

Not bad so far, im really enjoying Zombies mode but its so hard going from Battlefield to CoD, im not used to limited sprint :<

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Kinda bouncing back and forth between Farcry 3 and Metro 2033 right now. Both are fun, but I think Farcry 3 is better.

I do hear Metro 2033 is based on a novel though. Does anybody know if the novel is any good?

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Almost a year after they gave it to me and I'm still playing Skyrim. I just can't leave it :monster:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Since my new PC died I've started FFT war of the lions again, and I've never completed it. I really want to complete it this time.

When do you get them? I don't want to miss them...

Chapter four. If you want to know how to get them, look it up, cause I forgot how and I cba to look it up myself.

anothercid

Human, being
Recently made the shocking discovery that there are some first-person shooters I actually liked. Currently replaying Bioshock and Half-Life 2.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'm playing Skyrim and Dissidia, and replaying FFIV. :D

Some of the best games ever. Enjoy!

I'm still at LoS. I thoroughly enjoyed the chess game they had me play. And the Mad Butcher was a hell of a boss! Can't wait to see the Queen of Vampires. :P

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I'm in the Evil Forest in FFIX.

I forgot how much fun it is to watch Zidane and Steiner trade insults. ^^

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Finally got the Samurai Edge in Resident Evil remake!

3'53" was my time, with a perfect ending as Chris.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Kuroto and I started playing Final Fantasy VI together, along with my brother, a few days ago. We've just got everyone back together in Narshe and fought Kefka. This is already the furthest I've ever got in the game :)

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Just reached Dali. :3

1cutestffcoupleevar.png

Hohoho.

Just curious, what are the differences between the versions of FFVI? I'd like to play and finally beat it soon. Which one I should go for?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Which version are you playing? Anthology?
Game Boy Advance :)

I was a bit confused, because I thought that the Anthology was IV and V, so I looked it up. Turns out that was only the European version. In North America it was V and VI. Didn't know that!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Just reached Dali. :3

1cutestffcoupleevar.png

Hohoho.

Just curious, what are the differences between the versions of FFVI? I'd like to play and finally beat it soon. Which one I should go for?

The Playstation version is the same as the original Super Nintendo game except for a couple of very minor translations, plus opening and ending FMVs. The Advance version was extensively re-translated (it helps that the game uses a smaller font, so the spell names don't all have to be abbreviated), and is generally much better, but because it was released on the GBA, some scenes had to be altered at Nintendo's request. Nothing that drastically changes the game, but if you're a purist, you might want to see the original.

My suggestion would be to play the GBA version, but watch the two extra FMVs from the PS1 version on Youtube :)

AvecAloes

Donator
When Force and I played VI in the Spring, we were playing the Anthology version, which allows two people to control characters in combat, which made playing the game together a lot of fun. Just wanted to suggest that to you if you were playing a version that allowed you to do that! :)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The Playstation version is the same as the original Super Nintendo game except for a couple of very minor translations, plus opening and ending FMVs. The Advance version was extensively re-translated (it helps that the game uses a smaller font, so the spell names don't all have to be abbreviated), and is generally much better, but because it was released on the GBA, some scenes had to be altered at Nintendo's request. Nothing that drastically changes the game, but if you're a purist, you might want to see the original.

My suggestion would be to play the GBA version, but watch the two extra FMVs from the PS1 version on Youtube :)

I agree with the GBA version for FFV. But they screwed with too much for VI. They got rid of "Son of a Submariner" and "I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE YOU" :offended:
And they also got rid of Celes being beaten by the guard.

So I say go for PS for VI, GBA for V.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Got a copy of Dino Crisis for Christmas, will be making an attempt to play through it soon. :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom