What games are you currently playing?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I could've told you that was a mod or something. Still your reaction to finding out Kaidan is unavailable for the first half of the game was quite funny. :monster:
Still better than not having him at all. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
^That's really cheap on the PSN right now, I was thinking about picking it up. It does look interesting.

So 2 weeks ago I bought the "Sands of Time Trilogy" (Prince of Persia) - the HD Remasters since all 3 games were only like £3 on PSN. The first one was a lot of fun, the second one is dull and makes me want to claw out my own eyeballs.

Seriously, what were they thinking when they made this sequel? I find myself loading a save, playing it for literally 5 minutes, dying due to awkward controls repeatedly then turning it off. On top of that, there's this terrible 14 year old teen masturbatory metal music that plays every time an enemy pops up on the screen and the enemies take a ridiculously long time to die. If there is a platform large enough for an enemy to be standing on it, there's always an enemy on it. It's really jarring when you're trying to climb a tower and the controls don't allow you to not be in "battle stance" so trying to move away without wasting the time it takes to kill the thing is near impossible.

I think I hate this game more than I've hated any other game in a long long time. The women are all dressed in strips of tape and have tits and asses the size of continents, and it tries to take itself far too seriously. I seriously don't think I can reconcile myself with a person who says they even enjoyed it a little bit, because aside from the thematic and story issues aplenty, it's frustratingly broken. Like not challenging, you'll-improve-with-practice difficult, but pure we programmers put this here to make it very likely you'll have to replay this section hard.

BY THE WAY GUYS, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is on sale for PSP and PS Vita. Do yourself a favour and download it, the first one for PS3 was just amazing.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Warrior Within is terrible. I hate how much it screams of corporate bullshit. "We need to make him edgier and darker, forget all that character the first game had." As you said I hate the women in it, I hate the music, I hate the art design, I hate the backtracking. The combat system in and of itself is better, but it's not enough

Don't worry, The Two Thrones is MUCH better. It might be the best of the three, though the writing isn't quite as good as the first. But it brings back Yuri Lowenthal, and the general tone and atmosphere of the first, the great Middle Eastern/rock soundtrack, with Warrior Within's combat system (and stealth kills). I've played Two Thrones several times.

I adored Valkyria Chronicles, and it pisses me off that they've relegated the sequels to handhelds ever since and, thus far, I've refused to play them.

Lex

Administrator
Then I'll definitely give Two Thrones a go. I need to get through Warrior Within first though, which saddens me. I'm actually considering skipping it, and I don't do that with games but I almost can't stand to play it. The Forgotten Sands on PS3 is a lot of fun too.

First Valkyria Chronicles is absolutely fantastic, I've only played a bit of the second and that one is too Force, you should give it a go. I know I'd rather it was on PS3 aswell, but the first one didn't sell well enough for them to do so. In fact, the second didn't sell well enough in the west for them to even localise the third, and it's all very upsetting to talk about ;-;.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Lex, you need to do angry game reviews more often.

I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni. I've wanted to play it for awhile but I think the biggest reason is because I occasionally watch my six year old niece and I thought she was old enough to play an RPG. I'm a wonderful role model.

It's taking the speed of slow, mostly because I have her read out loud almost everything not voiced as a stipulation, it's my scheme of teaching her without her realizing it. I've actually made her do math word problems using MP and HP.

Back the voices, we're determined to do it in their original accents, and for us 'Mericans we don't comprehend anything outside of our borders (and well, she's six). I do Mr. Drippy who is Scottish and in my attempt to replicate it, I have done everything under the sun except Scottish including fakey british, fakey Irish, fakey southern, and I fucking swear once I did Jamaican.

So yeah. That's it. Ni No Kuni is grindy, but it's kind of adorable pokemonishgottacatchthemall JRPG. It's very childish, but in an endearing- Ghibli-imaginative way, and even the three year old nephew likes taking the broken controller and screaming nonsensical commands at me on how to play the game (anything is better than him stuffing pennies in his mouth I guess).

Lex

Administrator
Lex, you need to do angry game reviews more often.

You know this actually makes me want to open a thread and just write about all the games I've played one by one. May do this.

I do Mr. Drippy who is Scottish and in my attempt to replicate it, I have done everything under the sun except Scottish including fakey british, fakey Irish, fakey southern, and I fucking swear once I did Jamaican.

MR. DRIPPY IS WELSH NOT SCOTTISH

*calms down slightly*

Drippy is Welsh. Welsh sounds closer to English than it does to Scottish so I can't forgive you until you learn the distinction :D

Catherine Zeta Jones is Welsh, you can look at one of her interviews if you fancy listening to more English Welsh :D

Examples of Scottish accents: Mrs. Doubtfire, Cait Sith, the people of the Conde Petie Mountain Path in FFIX.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Then I'll definitely give Two Thrones a go. I need to get through Warrior Within first though, which saddens me. I'm actually considering skipping it, and I don't do that with games but I almost can't stand to play it.

I never finished it. I'm probably halfway through. Screw it.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
So, this didn't seem worth making a thread for, but has anyone picked up Tales of Xillia on PS3? I've never played a Tales game before, but it looks pretty interesting.

I've had my eye on it, but I really want to play it just to get to Xillia 2 because it looks like it has more of a steampunk setting.

Plus Tales of Destiny skins!

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Went back to Sleeping Dogs since I haven't finished it and I need something to play until Saints Row IV comes out.

OniRaitei

Lv. 25 Adventurer
So, this didn't seem worth making a thread for, but has anyone picked up Tales of Xillia on PS3?

I love the Tales of games. I got Tales of Xillia just the other day, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I might start today.

You might want to look into playing Tales of Graces as well. EXCELLENT game.

anothercid

Human, being
Completed Mass Effect. I like Bioware games a lot because they consistently put a lot of effort into plot and characterisation. It's one of the few games I've played recently where I actually gave a fuck about what the villian was all about.

Played Mass Effect 2 for a bit, and my first impression is that the amount of work you have to do to assemble your team gives it something of a "Nick Fury: The Videogame" feel. Which is nice. Not so fussed on the greater emphasis on cover-based shooting, though.

OniRaitei

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia. I don't like the mechanics and the art style as much as the last Tales game I played (Tales of Graces), but the story and characters are still compelling.

Been playing Dragons Crown. Great side scrolling beat-em-up. I'd say its worth the price, but I have difficulty recommending any side scroller for 50 bucks, no matter how great it is.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Replaying FF XIII-2 to get ready for LR. :monster:

There's not much to play back, however... before I realize it the game's main story is already done. :sadpanda:

AvecAloes

Donator
Playing the crap out of Pokemon Soul Silver. Really hoping I can figure out how to get my DS to connect to my wifi...apparently they can't connect to an encryption any better than WEP, and my n router uses WPA...anyone have any experience with that?

Lex

Administrator
Well you could access your router's settings and change the password to WEP instead? You just whack your own IP address into your address bar then log in.

I should clarify that WEP isn't as secure as WPA, just make the password hard :D

AvecAloes

Donator
I saw that I can change it, but when I went to change it, it also stated that the router speeds would then drop to 'g' instead of 'n' ratings? Does that make sense? And I got the 'n' router because the modem and my old 'g' router seemed to be at odds with each other and were making the internet really boggy :/

Lex

Administrator
It's a wireless protocol thing (i.e. 802.11g) that shouldn't really affect your internet speed unless you get like over 100mb/s (or like 50 if you're super far away from the router), but if it does you can always change it back :monster:

The only way to connect to WiFi with the DS is to change the router security, there isn't even a firmware workaround :/

Top Bottom