What games are you currently playing?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm actually "between games" and it sucks... I looked at Play-Asia for some imports but I can't think of anything.

Any opinions on Shining Resonance?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've been playing Diablo 3 again lately, I guess it's just one of those games one tends to return to, one can just play for hours. It's quite satisfying, <3. I advanced quite a bit, too. They added new difficulty levels (used to go to Torment VI, now goes up to Torment X), and some new mechanics (upgrading rare weapons to legendaries, and shit), which allowed for some advancement for me. It's high time for another big expansion though, but at the same time, D3 seems to be the lowest priority for Blizzard atm.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
As well as Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, recently added the remastered version of Beyond: Two Souls to the list. I'm discovering new things in the game I never did two years ago. Combined with a great story and a soundtrack that gives me ALL THE FEELS, I'm really enjoying it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Can't play games online right now because no internet connection for my PC. I went back to playing Dragonball Z Xenoverse. After I beat the fight I was previously stuck on I'm having a lot more of a hoot with it!

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yo Rise of the Tomb Raider is actually really cool

And the facial animation and acting is fucking sick

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fiddled with Space Engineers again, it's got planets now which really give the game a wholly different dimension.

I quit though, performance is crap and the physics don't really work right, combat and damage model is still shit (bump into something and your shit is destroyed), and with all sandbox games like it, there's no real goal in there besides what you can come up with yourself, and I'm not very good at that, :monster:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Replaying FFX and I've been killing sinscales for a long time to the point where two people have gotten slayer mode.

Lex

Administrator
I was just emulating Crisis Core there.

And wow.

RmIH4m8.jpg

9g5Kigr.jpg

l2KgBeq.jpg

Boy does this game look good uprendered to 1080p totally fullscreen. And it's fun to play it with a PS4 controller too :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, couldn't tell that it was a game intended for tiny screens. Square is missing out on monies, they should re-release that as a proper PC / PS3/4 game.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
In college--no console. BUT I started Outlast over Thanksgiving break, which is something I've been meaning to get to for a long time, and it's waiting for me when I come home in a week. Sufficient in the spooks department. I'm very excited to get back into it.

Lex

Administrator
Damn, you might have to give me a little crash course on the things you're doing with hte emulator there :monster:

I'll list the settings off for you if you want. I'm using PPSSPP and the options are glorious.

The only thing I'll honestly say is that when you transition between screens there's like a tiny stutter, but general gameplay is smooth as butter and everything looks amazing.

Trying to do the same thing with DoC on PCSX2 is a completely different challenge though. Apparently the graphics in that game are so horribly complex that it still doesn't emulate properly unless you're in software mode (and software mode does not produce results like the ones I posted ;-;)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, I downloaded PPSSPP last night, booted up Crisis Core and messed with the settings a bit. The models look good, but the text and scenes were a bit pixelly and stuttery. So listing the settings would be very helpful

:)

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
I'm currently playing the heck out of Xenoblade Chronicles X. This game. This game is so much fun. I haven't even gotten very far into the story yet and I've already poured more than 30 hours into it just doing side quests and exploring the world, which is huge btw.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Batumannu: Arkham City. PSN sale, just got Asylum, City and Origins in one go because why not. Entertaining so far, I just hope the open world business doesn't turn into a grind fest.

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
I'm currently playing the heck out of Xenoblade Chronicles X. This game. This game is so much fun. I haven't even gotten very far into the story yet and I've already poured more than 30 hours into it just doing side quests and exploring the world, which is huge btw.

I just beat it. End credits rolling with an epic song. Great game.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Heavy Rain. I can't tell if it's my bad parenting or bad animation and voice acting that gives Shaun those cold dead eyes.

Playing on 'very familiar with controller', feel like I'm making some bad decisions.

Was getting my throat slit in the bathroom supposed to happen?

Watching Rise of the Tomb Raider on Youtube, kind of missing the days when Lara was somewhere isolated on her own, mostly fighting monsters and wildlife instead of hordes of mercenaries.

Although I remember leaving dozens of corpses in a Venice Opera House, so maybe that's a false memory. I want to see more enemies that you can't kill by shooting alone, maybe we'll get some by the endgame. On the whole, I prefer fewer tough enemies to hordes of weak ones.

Lex

Administrator
With Heavy Rain there isn't a set story path (thing's aren't "supposed" to happen or not, they just happen based on your decisions, some good, some bad). The neat thing about the game is that your actions have consequences and the story and outcomes change completely based on decisions you make/ things you do.

As for the voice acting, you'll have to blame the French VA's who are pretending to be American. It's pretty terrible.

Enjoy your run of that game. If you ever play it a second time you'll become incredibly frustrated with how slow everything feels because you've already seen it XD

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I can now confirm that Guitar Hero is not meant for people over the age of 18. Adults just do not have the flexible bone structure needed to play the game for over 20 minutes at a time without contracting premature arthritis and carpal tunnel.

Top Bottom