• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Dusted off my VR set for the first time in months, and randomly fired up No Man's Sky. I've only played it once before for a couple hours, but this go-round I took the time to look up guides to tweak the terrible VR optimization so it wasn't a jittery, bloom-filled mess. Ended up playing half of the day, I'm really enjoying it.
I've been sucked deeeep into Breath of the Wild.... I should go to sleep because I have work tomorrow...but I could also just keep playing~~~~
There is no end to that game, I swear. Put down the controller for a bit, it's for your own good.
Still exploring every last corner of Geralt's world.
I jumped blind into Witcher III a few years back, and did the exact same thing. CD Projekt Red really knows how to make a quality game. The only reason I pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 is because I enjoyed Witcher so much.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

Picked this up over the weekend and didn't realize I played for over 7 hours on Sunday until it was night out. Haven't been this engaged with a game since FFVIIR earlier this year. Hopefully this will be the next big game I can complete so I can finally get out of this hump of not being able to complete ANYTHING that has come about since the lockdown began.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Doing a playthrough of Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. Back in 2006 I got to the last dungeon and just... stopped playing. I think I was severely under leveled and wasn't exactly swept up in the political drama. Always loved the gambit system though. I wish every action RPG implemented a system like it. Anyway, figured it's finally time to give this story some closure.

I've read that The Zodiac Age is especially easy because it lets you choose two jobs for each character. I think having a second job disrupts the game balance too much, so I'm limiting myself to one per character. I swore I wouldn't choose "lore friendly" jobs, but I totally ended up making Vaan a Shikari and Fran an Archer. I don't have other weapons aside from their initial equipment! Of course they're going to be a Shikari and Archer for now! Will definitely experiment with all the jobs once I get the whole party together.

The game is sooo chill. I've fallen asleep twice now while letting the gambits do their thing. I don't mind this at all, that just means my gambits are working! I love optimizing the logic. So yeah, so far so good.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Was wanting to get a nintendo switch. Anyone know where I can even begin to look? I read that there's been lots of price gouging on Amazon and Ebay

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't know where you're located, but I got mine in a Target a month or two ago. They had a healthy stock of those Animal Crossing-themed ones

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Currently playing Control from Remedy Studios on PS4.

I'm loving it so far. It's unique, combat is easy but stylish and you can fight enemies using any number of combos with the cool powers you get.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
For the last week, I've been playing No Man's Sky in VR. I took the time to tweak the settings (thanks, internet denizens!), and now it's actually really smooth-running. Hello Games never took the time to, y'know, optimize their game properly for VR. Fortunately, other much smarter individuals than myself took up the challenge. I'm getting off topic.

It's fun! I can already tell it's only a matter of time before I get bored with the "travel there, harvest this, build that, upgrade those, repeat" formula, but it's still new and fresh to me (plus I haven't even gotten a ship to replace my starter yet), so I'm enjoying the ride for now.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I've been playing Hollow Knight for most of the month, I've got nearly 50 hours into it - I didn't think it was going to be that big! Or engaging. I really like it. I think I'm nearly done though. Kinda don't wanna.
YASSSS! This game is so good, I'm always trying to get people to play it! And if you're one for challenges, it can go well beyond 50 hours.
xkz7hv3ewxt51.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Just got through with a playthrough of Zelda II on NES. It's the black sheep of the series, and it's overly difficult, but I've always had a fondness for it. The 2D sword combat is pretty fun, I like all the different spells you get, and I've always enjoyed the somewhat desolate feeling Hyrule has in the game. The timeline retroactively calls the LTTP through Zelda II period the "era of decline," which seems appropriate considering Hyrule is made up of nothing but a few sparse towns and vast stretches of wilderness and monsters, there's no Kingdom in sight lol. It was also always very novel to me that, despite being the second game ever released, it still falls at the very end of the timeline.

Asterisk

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Playing Persona 5 Royal after doing a speed run through Final Fantasy 7 & 8 Switch versions. Not sure I'll ever be able to play the Ps1 versions of these ever again with how convenient the 3x speed made the games, not to mention being able to turn off encounters is annoying low level areas.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Been torturing myself playing the Switch port of Ark. Its great, you play for twenty minutes, the games crashes like a drunk hillbilly, you start over and it won't actually save your custom settings in single player. When did I become a masochist? Sadism is way more my speed.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
It just tickles me cause there's a lot of Fergals I know, but it's not a name you hear a lot in media.

That and like... It's a big bad vampire... Called Fergal...

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Just got through with a playthrough of Zelda II on NES. It's the black sheep of the series, and it's overly difficult, but I've always had a fondness for it. The 2D sword combat is pretty fun, I like all the different spells you get, and I've always enjoyed the somewhat desolate feeling Hyrule has in the game. The timeline retroactively calls the LTTP through Zelda II period the "era of decline," which seems appropriate considering Hyrule is made up of nothing but a few sparse towns and vast stretches of wilderness and monsters, there's no Kingdom in sight lol. It was also always very novel to me that, despite being the second game ever released, it still falls at the very end of the timeline.

Nice! Was that your first time through?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Nice! Was that your first time through?
I was not my first time playing the game, but it was the first time I actually beat it. I'm lame and used the cheese strategy on Dark Link because the idea of having to fumble my way through the great palace again if I game over-ed was not a fun prospect.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I was not my first time playing the game, but it was the first time I actually beat it. I'm lame and used the cheese strategy on Dark Link because the idea of having to fumble my way through the great palace again if I game over-ed was not a fun prospect.

I agree 100% on the last part, I do it as well. I hope some day I can beat Thunderbird with more than 1 life left so I can try to beat Dark Link without the cheese. But I'm not going through the whole Great Palace again either lol.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I agree 100% on the last part, I do it as well. I hope some day I can beat Thunderbird with more than 1 life left so I can try to beat Dark Link without the cheese. But I'm not going through the whole Great Palace again either lol.
I saved getting the 1Ups until right before going to the great Palace, but I ended up dying along the way and during the palace, so i think I had two lives left when I got to Dark Link. I know Thunder Bird killed me once, dang annoying bird thing.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Update: Still playing Hollow Knight, nearly 80 hours now. There's a ton of stuff beyond just 'I have been to every area' <_<.

I got two endings so far, still need to beat the Radiance but fuck me. Did part of the DLC's; the first one (er, Zote and White Defender) weren't too bad, although they do invite you to fight them more often; haven't gotten past Zote's 3rd version yet. Grimm Troupe is pretty good, I beat the regular Grimm and just noped out at the Nightmare version. Same with the 'dream' versions of some of the bosses on that note.

Did some of Godhome too; today I beat the first Pantheon. I really like that they added content like that to the game, challenge / diehard content.

At this point I think I'll get the sequel when it comes out, I really enjoyed it and I didn't think I would because I'm not usually this interested in 'indie', 'retro' style games.

That said, I do think I'm nearly done with the game. I really want to get the Radiance though. The bastard, lol.

Update: Still playing Hollow Knight, nearly 80 hours now. There's a ton of stuff beyond just 'I have been to every area' <_<.

I got two endings so far, still need to beat the Radiance but fuck me. Did part of the DLC's; the first one (er, Zote and White Defender) weren't too bad, although they do invite you to fight them more often; haven't gotten past Zote's 3rd version yet. Grimm Troupe is pretty good, I beat the regular Grimm and just noped out at the Nightmare version. Same with the 'dream' versions of some of the bosses on that note.

Did some of Godhome too; today I beat the first Pantheon. I really like that they added content like that to the game, challenge / diehard content.

At this point I think I'll get the sequel when it comes out, I really enjoyed it and I didn't think I would because I'm not usually this interested in 'indie', 'retro' style games.

That said, I do think I'm nearly done with the game. I really want to get the Radiance though. The bastard, lol.

Yeah, the Radiance is a bitch. I forget what charms I used, but one tip that helped me out a little bit is that touching the boss itself doesn't hurt you, only the attacks do, so if you need to get close to it while jumping around/positioning yourself on the platforms, you can; Abyss Shriek is also helpful if you have it.

The Pantheons have some good, new boss fights at the end. The boss at the end of the fourth one is my personal favorite in the game (took me forever to get to it, though, and I haven't beaten the actual Pantheon). I think they went a bit overboard with the fifth one, though - it's really for extreme masochists only lol (ALL the bosses in the game, some with harder elements, and a harder version of the Radiance at the end).

I'm really looking forward to the sequel. I hope it'll be sort of like a Mega Man -> Mega Man Zero or Dark Souls -> Bloodborne type evolution - similar fundamental gameplay but faster and more stylish.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Re: charms, last time I've used (top of my head) Unbreakable Strength, the two healing charms that give you double healing at normal speed (expensive but it did make a difference), and err. idk if there was room for more. Maybe the one that gives you a bit of Soul if hit, but for that battle it's a bit useless.

Top Bottom