What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I'm replaying Pokemon Black right now. Just named my Snivy Rufus.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
i went to the club today bc some old date of mine invited me. she confesssed and i was like woah. then i fought a creppy old guy who wanted to get my new girl. not cool man not cool

repulseor blast that old ass111111

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
  • Taking home free books from work. Probably most pleased with getting a copy of Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles, which has one of my favourite short stories ever written. But there have been a number of other good acquisitions lately as well.
  • Got to spend a lot of time in music and in receiving - away from our most annoying customers, in other words.
  • Related to spending time in music, I've gotten to select the in-store playlist a lot more often lately. It helps that one of the other music employees has similar taste to mine. Which basically means that the music being played in-store is a lot less annoying than it was previously. Sometimes I don't even listen to my own stuff on break anymore.
  • Management are listening to my reports about how disastrous parts of the store are and in some cases even letting me do something about it. This is probably an unexpected upside of the incompetence in receiving - less stuff for me to shelve means I have more time to deal with shit that's needed to be sorted out for awhile.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
THE BOONDOCKS SEASON 4 is coming.

Before season 3 of "The Boondocks" aired on Adult Swim, there were notices that it would be the cartoon's swan song. And with over-the-top episodes like "The Booty Warrior" and "Pause", which lampooned Tyler Perry, it seemed that show creator, Aaron McGruder, was taking no prisoners since he presumably wasn't coming back.

John Witherspoon, who voices Granddad, was under the same impression.

"They was telling me all the time, for the last six months, that it's not coming back," the comedian said in a recent interview with Huntsville's Hot 103.5. "I talked to Aaron McGruder the other day; it's coming back."

And, according to John, the new season will be bigger and better than ever before. "They're going to do 20 shows this time instead of 15," he revealed.

Read more here:

[link]
This...has TOTALLY made my fricken day! :awesome:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Got high and went to Xmen. Sat in the very front row.
I was FREAKING OUT.

I also saw Kevin Bacon. I didn't really care for the movie, but he is one of my unhealthy obsessions and I didn't know he was in it, so yay. :awesome:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Yay laptop is working !! Thought that it was going to be broken forever due to saving all those beautiful fanarts, and the laptop running out of space. :lol:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
The lazy manager no one likes has been moved to another store for now so I get to be manager again for another week while shit gets sorted. Probably won't be permanent because one of the other managers will be moved to our store soon but the extra money is good. And I get it cash in hand so tax free. :D

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Get to go home early again today! Hoorah!

I like the school being under construction :3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Turns out my brother and I CAN bond.

All it takes is Chinese takeout and Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Lego games are the best types of Movie Game

ngl

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
When you get to that point when you have fully embraced your geekiness and you don't give a fuck. It's pretty empowering. It's pretty sexy. I feel sexy.

Now excuse me, I have a Chrono Trigger shirt I have to order.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Gas prices have actually gone down a bit. Made me glad I'd waited to fill up my tank until it was almost empty. Virtually the only thing I can look back on today and say I enjoyed, apart from the meal I got after work.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
RvB Season 9~

Ah, it's the little things in life.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Back in April, reports surfaced that HBO was in negotiations to bring Neil Gaiman's novel "American Gods" to life as a TV series. And although the official announcement may still be forthcoming, the adaptation seems to be a done deal.

While at a film event in Singapore, producer Gary Goetzman told The Hollywood Reporter that "American Gods" is going forward as an open-ended series with a planned run of six seasons. Goetzman also indicated that "American Gods" would feature 10 to 12 episodes per season, with an estimated budget of $35 to $40 million.

Goetzman is an executive producer on the project through Tom Hanks' Playtone Productions. Hanks is also on board as an executive producer along with Gaiman and Bob Richardson.

"American Gods" was originally published in 2001 and it takes place during a growing conflict between Gods from the older pantheons and a new breed of modern day Gods who embody America's obsessions with celebrity, technology and drugs. While speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Goetzman stated that the central question of the series would be “are you a God if no one believes in you?”

“There are some crazy things in there," noted Goetzman. "We’ll probably be doing more [special] effects in there than it’s been done on a television series.”

Gaiman also weighed in on the news with a post on his Twitter feed : "And for those asking, No, 6 years of AMERICAN GODS on TV doesn't mean just the 1st book. It means I need to write the 2nd now, for a start."
source: http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/169429-neil-gaimans-american-gods-to-run-six-seasons-on-hbo

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
movies_by_slavess-d3j4wk8.png

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Someone finally uploaded this:

I know Zevran, Alistair, Anders and Fenris are quite good as love interests, but those who came before deserve some love too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom