Banned
AKA
Noctis
eoNxr.gif

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
uuuhhh, is that really what he posted. Because if he wanted to share, I'm sure he would have.

Fangu

Great Old One
Shademp, a sweet little Swedish something yelling "Å MIN GUD" - if I'm not mistaken she would be forgiven? ;)

(Sorry I'm drinking and this dinner party is dull)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I... say "God" all the time even though I'm not even remotely religious. It's one of those ingrained habits that seven years of being an atheist hasn't broken. Just because someone makes religious references doesn't make them religious. :monster:

I... say "God" all the time even though I'm not even remotely religious. It's one of those ingrained habits that seven years of being an atheist hasn't broken. Just because someone makes religious references doesn't make them religious. :monster:

Indeed. When I speak English, I say "OMG" quite often, because it's a fun expression. But among Swedes the word/name/expression "God" is not used nearly as frequently, which is why, at least in my mind, the connotation to the religious deity strikes me more strongly in Swedish than in English.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
For the heck of it, yell YOG-SOTHOTH everytime you'd otherwise use 'god', fgj :monster:. Or go Norwegian on it and go Å MIN GUD or German MEIN GOTT! or something silly like that. Maybe try Japanese.

We frequently swear at work. Moast epic Dutch word ever: kut (as in kut). My colleague is silly because he goes "KUT!...sorry" all the time, :monster:.

Fangu

Great Old One
I've been an atheist all my life, and I say "oh lord" (herregud) all the time. And I can say there is no religiousness behind me using words like that whenever I use them. In some contex they just... fit. Having no belief in God it still has some power to it, and it never seem misplaced in the sack. Hell, a lot of strange things sounds good in the sack even if it sounds ridiculous up front.

Oh no, now there are speaches... fuck me

By the way, I don't agree that Swedes use the word "God" not a lot. "Herregud" is just as common in Sweden as in Norway, no?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I've been an atheist all my life, and I say "oh lord" (herregud) all the time. And I can say there is no religiousness behind me using words like that whenever I use them. In some contex they just... fit. Having no belief in God it still has some power to it, and it never seem misplaced in the sack. Hell, a lot of strange things sounds good in the sack even if it sounds ridiculous up front.

The word God is just a corruption of the word Good anyways. All you're saying when you shout 'Oh God' is 'yeah, that's good.' Likewise, nearly all usage of 'oh for the love of god' nonsense could be replaced with 'goodness' and no difference would be had.
Remember, god is not good. god was good, but lost something along the way.
(At the very least, an o)

Oh no, now there are speaches... fuck me

Well, what sort of cad would I be to leave a lady in the lurch?

Ok, this crossover-thing with the Joker's "origin" monologue has been done a million times before, but this version has extremely good editing. Perfect use of clips from MLP:FIM.

I'm not shoehorning this in. This has made my day!

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
@thread, Mog's story, worthy of an entry in the top 10 of biggest WTF stories ever to have graced TLS :monster:.

Was she hot, at least?

Yeah she was pretty attractive. I should have known it would have been a weird experience; when I said 'one thing led to another' as in what initiated the encounter in the first place, uh, we were talking about sex, as in casually, and I commented "Well, I'm pretty good at it."

BEFORE I KNEW IT...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah she was pretty attractive. I should have known it would have been a weird experience; when I said 'one thing led to another' as in what initiated the encounter in the first place, uh, we were talking about sex, as in casually, and I commented "Well, I'm pretty good at it."

BEFORE I KNEW IT...

Shortest path to getting laid is to throw subtlety out the way, :monster:.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I was finally able to get my folder sorted, it's amazing what some coffee in the system can do.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
OH MY GOD I GOT INTO THE SWTOR GUILD I WANTED IN YAAAAAAAY

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i just finished madoka

im an emotional wreck right now

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
listen to take on me while ignoring the last two problems on physics homework
good

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
i just played 11 hours straight of dragon age

tumblr_lrh36xIHxi1qa48kd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom