What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
My sore knee has given me an excuse to rub it up with Deep Heat.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Kikki

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myPEACEFULsanctuary
My elderly neighbour baking us a cake because we'll be moving house in two weeks. Her baking so yummy yummy yummy.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
When fourteen-year-olds decide to buy fermented tonic water only because it has alcohol in it, not knowing that tonic water is nasty when drank all alone and that with only .05% alcohol you can't get drunk no matter how much you drink. There's a reason you don't have to be 21 to buy it.

Also, a kid actually asked me what tonic water was today when I asked him if he was really sure that he wanted to buy it.

Oh the desire to look badass... :P

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I grew up with alcohol being readily available for consumption and it was treated as something that wasn't really a big deal, especially during holidays and such. So, when I turned 21 alcohol by itself wasn't new to me and I've even already been drunk during a New Years or two.

Not to say that I don't get drunk from time to time now or that I disdain alcohol or anything like that (hardly, trust me), but I think I escaped the worst of what it has to offer partly because it wasn't really a mythical nor forbidden thing growing up. It was just 'there'.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's one of the reasons why I think the drinking age should be lowered or abolished. I don't think teens would abuse it so much if it wasn't such a huge deal.

The kid I mentioned was only trying to be cool. He wanted something with alcohol in it, that's all. He didn't even know what tonic water was. :P

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That's one of the reasons why I think the drinking age should be lowered or abolished. I don't think teens would abuse it so much if it wasn't such a huge deal.

The kid I mentioned was only trying to be cool. He wanted something with alcohol in it, that's all. He didn't even know what tonic water was. :P

Do you really want your culture surrounding alcohol to be the same as ours?:huh:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

I disagree, mostly cause my brother's been an alcoholic since age 16. It's more the attitude of our country towards drinking, imo

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

The drinking age is lower over here. Do ya know what that causes?

It means people over here start binge drinking much younger, I'd say about 13. It wont be any different over there. Abolishing it all together is also a stupid idea.
We dont all drink because there are limitations on it, we drink because we want to. Giving young teenagers and kids free reign on this is only going to lead one way. Addiction, Liver failure and brain damage. Nobody can honestly justify this any other way, the drinking age is there for a god damn reason.

I think in my province it should be lowered by one year, so high school kids can't but college kids can. It just doesn't work very well or at all that first years aren't allowed to drink. The reason why this happened is because they got rid of the 5th year of high school.

Kids also love to go to Quebec when they are 18 because they can drink over there.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Woke up this morning to find a text from a friend in Singapore. :D

Also, the birthday present I got from a friend in Spain a few weeks ago... turned out to be NINE Big Finish Dr Who audio dramas. Two of which were made in 2003, before RTD brought it back to the screen... and star a young Scot called David Tennant. :D

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I disagree, mostly cause my brother's been an alcoholic since age 16. It's more the attitude of our country towards drinking, imo

Well that's just it. Our country really has this attitude that drinking makes you hardcore, and I wonder if the laws surrounding it aren't helping to encourage that image. I did way more drinking before I turned 21 than I have done after, really. And it's because my friends and I thought we were awesome because we were drinking when it was illegal for us to do so. :P

It kind of all comes together. Like I said in my first post, kids want to buy tonic water of all things, just because it has some alcohol in it. It won't even effect you what so ever, but they just want it for the sake of being cool.

I just wonder why they care so much? How can other countries in the world have a lower or no drinking age at all while we can't?

But this is kind of getting off topic for this thread. Want me to split this?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
^Whatcha gonna be? c: And new OTP? Confuse me? :awesome:

Also good birthday was good! And it wasn't even mine. XD

Last edited:

crack

Donator
I'm participating in a celebrity theme. I WAS going to go as either Lady Gaga or Michael Jackson but they were both taken, so I decided to go as Ellen Degeneres instead. :monster:

And I don't think you want to know. : I

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I've been having so much trouble falling asleep lately, but I think I feel tired enough to go to bed.

I'M GOING TO GET MORE THAN FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP TONIGHT. YAAAAAAY! :joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom