World of Final Fantasy

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Isn't it a tradition for most FF fans to play through the game twice after they get it, once without a strategy guide, then once with? Seems almost like they did this as a reference to that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Regarding that I like
how much they commit to it. Taking you all the way back to the title screen and everything. Almost Metal Gear Solid-esque of them.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Just beat this. That's two FF games in one weekend :P

Really, really fun game. Don't be turned away by the way it looks. The story, though a bit simple (and VERY backloaded), is actually quite good. The writing is sharp, the humor almost always hits, it still manages to be dark when it needs to, and the combat is very deep and enjoyable. Just a fun experience all around.

Now, for those who have beaten it. What in the chocobo-loving shit was that credit sequence?! hahaha

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I've bought it a few weeks ago but only recently played it. Quite good. Enjoyable. It's a little on the campy side for me, but when I look passed that, I could see it's a whole lot of fun! I recommend it. ^^

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Downloaded this WoFF dungeon demo because a friend of mine over in Cali is playing it. I guess this will determine if I actually decide to invest in the game. It is very cute and all. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The katakana of the name is ラムウ, so "Ra-mu-u" (pronounced like the "Rah-moo" you said above, espio), but I've always liked the sound of "Ray-muh" better. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Rah-muh.

But clearly both are acceptable (like with Bahamut), because different FFs have said it differently. Could also depend on exactly who is being referenced. The wiki mentions Lahmu, or Raama...which would be both as well.

Maybe I'll just call him Indra :monster:

Last edited:
We had this conversation a while back in the XV thread didn't we?

Flintlock said:
Bahamut's Law: As an online discussion about Final Fantasy grows longer, the probability of a pronunciation debate approaches 1.
- Source

The pronunciation of Ramuh as "Rama" bugs me. That is all. :monster:

I have to know, and I'm sure it comes up in the game somewhere....

"Ba-hah-mutt" or "Bah-hah-moot?"

:monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Rah-muh.

But clearly both are acceptable (like with Bahamut), because different FFs have said it differently. Could also depend on exactly who is being referenced. The wiki mentions Lahmu, or Raama...which would be both as well.

Maybe I'll just call him Indra :monster:

I remember us having this discussion during dinner after KupoCon. I think we may have high-fived after learning we pronounced Ramuh the same way. :lol:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
lbw7ppvrryzorltulno7.jpg

Everything about this game is delightful, including the patch notes.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I'm very late to the party, only just picked up a 2nd hand PS4 last weekend.

I've done updates & patched WoFF & put an hour in last night. I have FA time to play games, but I'm going to try pretty hard and catch up! Seeing as I've got FF Type-0 & FFXV to play too.... sigh... no time :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^Still highly recommended. I was just thinking the other day what a shame it is that this game will likely be overlooked/forgotten when it's a very solid (and funny!) RPG.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
It was an absolute pleasure to play!

There is so much more scope once you've completed the core game with the Ex dungeons and such. Everything changes once you complete the main story.

Absolutely hilarious, so many witty jokes for young & old, I highly recommend for anybody! I absolutely loved all the pieces that tied different games & characters together. Ie, Celes & Cloud having to perform an opera to cheer up the townsfolk, they were both totally against it, I think it was Ultros that came & caused havoc, & then Celes was bumbed out that she wasn't going to end up singing in the opera... very cute stuff.

Love love love!!!!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
A "follow up" version is coming to iOS and Android:

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/ne...tasy-meli-melo-announced-for-ios-and-android/

In the latest issue of Famitsu, Square Enix has announced a follow up to World of Final Fantasy for iOS and Android titled "Meli-Melo".

Hiroki Chiba, the director and scenario writer of the first game is directing this game. Shinji Hashimoto, the producer of the first game is also serving as executive producer on this new game.

It is being developed by Drecom and is scheduled to launch in Japan during 2017.

The game's theme is "casual" and will use the stacking system from the original game. Many characters from the original game will also appear. There will also be some way to cooperate with other players.

Square Enix has also revealed the original game sold 800,000 copies. It is scheduled to launch on PC tomorrow.

They were planning to make a mobile game before they even started developing the first game but decided to make the original game first and then use assets from it for the mobile game in order to make development cheaper.

Top Bottom